LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How come keto diets are better for book reading stamina, than high carb diets?

Dear friends, I have a comment about the positive benefits of ketogenic low-carb diets for concentration and book-reading stamina for students and people who are avid readers, compared with traditional low calorie diets that are higher in carbohydrates. I came off the keto diet for a couple of weeks, and I was eating oatmeal, some cereals, cream of wheat and about eating 150 to 200 grams of carbohydrates a day. And now I am back to a keto diet like this:

Breakfast: 3 eggs (200 calories)
    Lunch: Pancake made with 3 eggs, 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 tablespoon of butter (400 calories)
    Dinner: 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter, 8 ounces of chicken (700 calories)
    Snack before bed at around 12 midnight 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter (300 calories)

Total amount of calories: 1600 calories

My question is, how come that I am now doing this keto diet very low in carbohydrates, with only the carbs of the eggs and they protein powder, around 15 grams of carbs a day. Now I am able to concentrate, and read a lot longer, a lot more, compared with traditional diets higher in carbs?
    Recommended books to increase the emotional, spiritual, psychologic feelings of power, the will to power: The Republic by Plato, The Will to Power by Nietzsche, Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, Faust by Goethe, Spectre of Marx by Jacques Derrida, Red and Black by Stendhal, The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, Power by Michael Foucault, Beyond Good and Evil by Fredrich Nietzsche, The Search after Truth by Malebranche

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    steady supply of glucose to your brain, man. Instead of your brain having to manage a roller-coaster of blood glucose caused by ingesting carbs, you zip buy on ~70g in your blood... which is the the capacity of the liver to manufacture its own glucose out of fat or carbs.

Its also, probably, much less inflamatory agents and contains more choline, CLA, omega 3 and other things that are good for brains than does an average western diet.

Same reason it works for epileptics and alz heimer's patients.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly I haven't ever noticed a significant difference in my concentration. I've been both in keto and not, while in grad school. I'd say I average about 400 pages per week for classes, and I still find my "mind wandering" and myself needing to take breaks (which really isn't much different then when I was on a "standard" diet).

Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LowcarbGod View Post
    Dear friends, I have a comment about the positive benefits of ketogenic low-carb diets for concentration and book-reading stamina for students and people who are avid readers, compared with traditional low calorie diets that are higher in carbohydrates. I came off the keto diet for a couple of weeks, and I was eating oatmeal, some cereals, cream of wheat and about eating 150 to 200 grams of carbohydrates a day. And now I am back to a keto diet like this:

Breakfast: 3 eggs (200 calories)
    Lunch: Pancake made with 3 eggs, 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 tablespoon of butter (400 calories)
    Dinner: 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter, 8 ounces of chicken (700 calories)
    Snack before bed at around 12 midnight 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter (300 calories)

Total amount of calories: 1600 calories

My question is, how come that I am now doing this keto diet very low in carbohydrates, with only the carbs of the eggs and they protein powder, around 15 grams of carbs a day. Now I am able to concentrate, and read a lot longer, a lot more, compared with traditional diets higher in carbs?
    Dude!! Please tell me you eat veggies at some point during the day. If not, you must be sh!tting bricks by now!
    He who is saved, is the one who saves himself.

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Joecool5150 View Post
    Dude!! Please tell me you eat veggies at some point during the day. If not, you must be sh!tting bricks by now!
    Just posting to say "LOL" !!!
    505 / 315 / 545

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Joecool5150 View Post
    I doubt traditional Eskimos (yes, they prefer that name) shat bricks. Why would they make igloos out of ice blocks when there'd be bricks aplenty on their traditional diet virtually devoid of vegetables and fiber?
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seriously, I think an overabundance of carbs releases too much serotonin, the brain's "feel good" neurotransmitter. It can make you feel sleepy and foggy. Think of the post lunch nap after too many carbs. Just a wild-ass guess.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Brain seems to run better on ketones. I get pretty chill on keto. I get grumpy eating carbs.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hi all. I noticed similar brain activity boost. I was promoted recently, less running and more reading, surprised myself finding this scholastic pleasure, driving my bosses bananas with smart ass questions and such. And I also thought, this must be due to keto diet, I would normally be sliding into micro sleeps over these policies and regulations, very dry stuff.