Kayls831 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to train chest twice a day

Hi.. My problem is that I can't keep the same reps on bench press at least on the 3 first sets.. Ive been doing this routine for 4 months and since I believe im not hitting chest as hard and that it is the reason why I havent had gains as i expected. I'm thinking on working out chest twice a week one day with triceps and the second day with shoulders.. would it help to do the same chest routine twice a week?? or should I do one light day and one heavy day? Or one day DBs the other day barbell? Any advice. Im kind of lost..Thanks.
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Show us your weekly progress numbers, that will help us advice.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what is your split? you SHOULD be working each muscle twice a week
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kayls831 View Post
    Hi.. My problem is that I can't keep the same reps on bench press at least on the 3 first sets.. Ive been doing this routine for 4 months and since I believe im not hitting chest as hard and that it is the reason why I havent had gains as i expected. I'm thinking on working out chest twice a week one day with triceps and the second day with shoulders.. would it help to do the same chest routine twice a week?? or should I do one light day and one heavy day? Or one day DBs the other day barbell? Any advice. Im kind of lost..Thanks.
    u need to have 3 to 4 days rest between chest days and both days in an ideal world should be consistent in terms of weights

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    incline bench. flat bench. High cable crossovers. Dumbbell flys. That's the workout my reps are.. Incline warm up set 12 1St set 11 second set 7. 3rd set 5.. all of em with 35lbs on each side. Flat bench im exhausted and I just do 10. 6. 6. With 40lbs. The rest is good so I guess my main problem are the bench presses.
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Oh and about my progress I haven't been able to add any more weight for the last two months.
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    what is your split? you SHOULD be working each muscle twice a week
    Monday. Chest and tricep
    Tuesday. Legs
    Wednesday. Off
    Thursday. Back and biceps
    Friday. Shoulders
    Weekends off
    ''No pain.. No gain''

beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monday. Chest and tricep
    Tuesday. Legs
    Wednesday. Off
    Thursday. Back and biceps
    Friday. Shoulders
    Weekends off
    Im on the exact same split. Just this week i started doing 2 days on/ 1 day off, to hit the same group twice a week. my tip is just work with the higher weights and youd be surprised but a lot of the times youll be able to get the same reps with the increased weight. just keep working on increasing weighs, and try to change it to barbell sometimes just so you dont get bored.

adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two reasons you aren't growing: either your routine is bad, or your nutrition is bad.

You should be doing a full body routine 3x per week. Follow a program like JasonDB's 5x5 for beginners. It has forced progression with resets when you hit plateaus. Eat like a horse and follow it as prescribed and you will see gains.

Originally Posted by beiko View Post
    Im on the exact same split. Just this week i started doing 2 days on/ 1 day off, to hit the same group twice a week. my tip is just work with the higher weights and youd be surprised but a lot of the times youll be able to get the same reps with the increased weight. just keep working on increasing weighs, and try to change it to barbell sometimes just so you dont get bored.
    Can you give me an example of your new split for one.muscle group twice a week?? And I'm actually doing bench with barbell only haven't tried any dummbbells yet
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Originally Posted by adgattoni View Post
    Two reasons you aren't growing: either your routine is bad, or your nutrition is bad.

You should be doing a full body routine 3x per week. Follow a program like JasonDB's 5x5 for beginners. It has forced progression with resets when you hit plateaus. Eat like a horse and follow it as prescribed and you will see gains.
    Thanks for the advice I'll check that program.
    ''No pain.. No gain''

beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you give me an example of your new split for one.muscle group twice a week?? And I'm actually doing bench with barbell only haven't tried any dummbbells yet
    im actually going to do the same thing. so chest/tris on monday and sunday for example.
    i personally prefer dumbells because i usually train alone with no spotter, also i feel it a lot more in my chest with DBs. but i do change it around from time to time.

lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lastman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem where I had plateaued, especially with my chest. I tried Noah Seigel's Pec Building Workout for a few weeks which works on Chest twice per week. One session is at high intensity with low reps and the second is at a lower intensity with more reps.

Unfortunately I not yet allowed to post links but give this a try bodybuilding.com/fun/best-chest-noah-siegels-pec-building-workout.html

It worked well for me, I'd suggest to give it a try.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi.. My problem is that I can't keep the same reps on bench press at least on the 3 first sets..
    Stop going to failure on every set.

That being said, there is no real problem with you working chest on those two days. If you think your chest is lagging (which there is a good chance it isn't and you just have unrealistic expectations), then added volume and frequency are great ways to help it.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep your volume within a reasonable amount and make sure you are not training to absolute failure on everyset
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by italianplaya30 View Post
    Keep your volume within a reasonable amount and make sure you are not training to absolute failure on everyset
    What's your definition of absolute failure? Is it wavering form, failed concentric or failed negative? They are three very different things.

I advocate training to form failure - where your decent form is no longer sustainable for another rep. Occasionally I will push this all the way to negative failure which is tough. But if you go to form failure, you may or may not be able to hit the same number of reps for the next set. the most important thing is that you are making some kind of progress - either one more rep over 3 sets, more weight for same reps etc.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

[QUOTE=chazzy1864;1064484681]Stop going to failure on every set.

I get it.. Then I'm going to drop the weight to stop going to failure at least on the first two sets. Thanks.
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Q: Should I use a full body routine or a split routine?
    A: Generally speaking, new lifters can benefit more from a full-body routine done multiple times per week, and based around compound movements. Advanced lifters, who have the strength, intensity, and mind-muscle connection to handle higher workloads need more recovery time and so will benefit from a multi-day split. Try this as a starting point:

0-18 months lifting: Full-body routine done 3 times per week based around compound movements.
    18-36 months lifting: Upper Body / Lower Body or Push / Pull split done twice per week (4 lifting days)
    36+ months lifting: 3 or 4 day split routine

Get more advice here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115643271
    Good luck.

OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneLifeOneKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldnt advise training chest twice a week unless your nutrition is really on point or can naturally recover fast.
    www.onelifeoneking.com

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by onelifeoneking View Post
    i wouldnt advise training chest twice a week unless your nutrition is really on point or can naturally recover fast.
    wtf?

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh and about my progress I haven't been able to add any more weight for the last two months.
    You need to figure out a plan to add weight to the bar consistently. The answer isn't in a magic split depicting a certain frequency or rep range.. but start low in weight and ramp up.

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would change it up, try something new!

Originally Posted by Ninetysix View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks I'll try one of those routines..
    ''No pain.. No gain''

Thanks everybody for the help.
    ''No pain.. No gain''