Thread: Lower Back Pain

KrissyG7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower Back Pain

Hey guys and gals, I have this problem and don't know what it could be. I have this pain in my lower back more like the end of my spine to the right kind of by my butt. And it hurts pretty bad. It only hurts when I twist my body to the left, after a workout, and it hurts the most when in sitting down for a while and get up it stops me from straightening my back for about 10 seconds. I had this problem for about 2-3 days now and it got worse after doing squats I had to stop my workout to stop further injury. Anybody know what it could be? Causes and treatment for it? Any information would be cool thanks.

765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000)
    take a few weeks off from lower back (deads/squats) and see a doctor if pain stays (or see one anyway)
    you are only here once

nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickjdr5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually have the exact same issue that you're dealing with, although on my left side. I've taken some time off and seriously dropped the weight on squats and deadlifts. I find that a good stretching session helps, along with hyper-extensions.
    Keep the change, ya filthy animal.

KrissyG7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickjdr5 View Post
    I actually have the exact same issue that you're dealing with, although on my left side. I've taken some time off and seriously dropped the weight on squats and deadlifts. I find that a good stretching session helps, along with hyper-extensions.
    I just don't want to get injuried cause I'm in the middle of my soccer season. And what kind of stretches work for you?

JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know this feel. I've got more wrong with my back than I do right. Lower your weights, cut out squats/deads for a week or two, and STRETCH. If it persists, please see a doctor. Take my word for it.
    I'm back, bby - doubt you noticed

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    How is your squat form? If your not stretching start doing some effective stretches for your hips, back, and legs.
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like as mild lumbar disc strain. Possibly due to poor form or poor flexibility.
    Stretching glutes is very important.
    Making sure the lumbar spine does not ruond at the bottom of the squat.
    Poor abdominal muscle strength can also be an issue.
    McKenzie extension exercises work well for these injuries and working on your flexibility
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had some pretty serious back pain in January of last year. Got an X ray and everything

Turns out nothing was wrong, but I couldn't do deads, squats, or BB rows. They destroyed me to the point where one time I collapsed mid rep on a deadlift and had to leave.

I just avoided the exercises that bothered me for 6 months and now I'm back to BB rowing 3 plates and squatting 4 and deadlifting 5.

IDK if my experience is normal but the pain just went away once I stopped aggravating it
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

cindamyricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good that you decided to pause your workout for some time. It might be due to the excessive stress that you used to experience while working out. It is better that you consult a doctor or a radiology consultant to know what exactly the reason is. 2nd Radiology Opinion in Ontario is one of the best places to get it done!

RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10) RileyLS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i get mild pain in my back after squats but it's never turned into anything bad, i just keep going

DumbellNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how low is the pain? is it above ur butt or is it really low? Did it start when you were training or a few hours after? I had some severe soreness in my lower back( where the 2 indents are) after doing deadlifts and hypers on the same day. Turned out all I needed was a hot bath, stretching and plenty of sleep.

SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RileyLS View Post
    i get mild pain in my back after squats but it's never turned into anything bad, i just keep going
    Good idea BRO

SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilverBackk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP as someone who has had lower back pain for almost 3 years due to 3 different causes and 2 spinal abnormalities please take note.

Do NOT try and treat it with what anyone tells you to do, forum member or doctor. Never try and treat something for what you don't know what the cause is

For the next 10 days STOP whatever aggravates it and makes it worse, but stay active.

If pain persists for more than 10 days get yourself to an orthopaedic surgeon.

Does it hurt when you arch?
    Does it initially hurt when you bend over but eventually relax?
    Do you get "jolts" of pain that immobilize you that feels like lightning?
    Do you get pain down your leg?
    Have you noticed any bowel/bladder abnormalities?
    Does it hurt while your squatting or after you rack the bar?
    Does it feel like muscle pain?

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everyone in this thread needs to lift properly

Originally Posted by GROSO View Post
    Everyone in this thread needs to lift properly
    > red
    > 3 lbs heavier than me
    > 4 years older than me
    > tells me I need to lift properly
    > ok

nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nv2012jid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely take time off from squats and deads. I have had some pain in the past from deadlift and it was just a form issue. You might consider trying a foam roller as that seems to help me feel a little better. When you return to deadlifts i would recommend doing sumo.

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SilverBackk View Post
    > red
    > 3 lbs heavier than me
    > 4 years older than me
    > tells me I need to lift properly
    > ok
    Provides no pics yet talks shot. I'm 18 brah messed up on age.
    SMH

Provides no pics yet talks shot. I'm 18 brah messed up on age.
    SMH
    Lol ok good job looking better than someone with a fractured spine and can't lift consistently due to it. It's 230am currently so I'm not providing pics right now

Still doesn't justify retarded logic

jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeserfen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KrissyG7 View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I have this problem and don't know what it could be. I have this pain in my lower back more like the end of my spine to the right kind of by my butt. And it hurts pretty bad. It only hurts when I twist my body to the left, after a workout, and it hurts the most when in sitting down for a while and get up it stops me from straightening my back for about 10 seconds. I had this problem for about 2-3 days now and it got worse after doing squats I had to stop my workout to stop further injury. Anybody know what it could be? Causes and treatment for it? Any information would be cool thanks.
    strongly suggest you see a doc, i had lower back pain about 5 years ago just kept popping ibuprofen then disc slipped took months to get back to the grind and then had to come off of oxycodones

Originally Posted by SilverBackk View Post
    Lol ok good job looking better than someone with a fractured spine and can't lift consistently due to it. It's 230am currently so I'm not providing pics right now

Still doesn't justify retarded logic
    Fracture your spine lifting wrong?

IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

rest

rest it bro, do something else

Registered User AspergersPakMan's Avatar
    AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AspergersPakMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think you sprained your lower back...this happened to me twice for 2-3 months @/time each...damn 1/2 year devoted to exclusively upper back...good advice for squats is...train your abs and stick em out front to stabilize yourself.
    It will hurt your back less. Also, focus on pushing your heels into the ground when you push down.
    Don't spread it thru ur feet, mainly thru your heels.
    Back injury from squats/deads(3/9/2013)
    back from injury (3/24/2013)
    Bench 165/225
    Squat 230/350
    Clean 140/210

Aspie crew
    skinny little $h!t crew
    persistence
    Are there actual crews or is it in my head crew.
    Lunchtime training crew
    Pokémon Gym theme @the gym crew

Fracture your spine lifting wrong?
    No, I fractured my spine as a result of a bike crash

I wasn't introduced to lifting a year later

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RileyLS View Post
    Mild back pain is not normal though, it indocates that something is wrong. Form or load.

One day that mild pain might turn into somethign more.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au