Closed Thread
Page 178 of 273 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 8166
    Worlds slowest cut-ter SilvaMan61's Avatar
    SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post

is she gaining weight or smoking
    I don't know if she's gaining. if she is its not enough to be the root of the problem. Still smoking, refuses to quit.
    Last edited by SilvaMan61; 06-12-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    "The hardship of the exercises is intended less to strengthen the back than to toughen the mind. The Spartans say that any army may win while it still has it's legs under it; the real test comes when all strength has fled and the men must produce victory on will alone." (Pressfield,1998, p.78)

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BradKemp View Post
    LOL

Hey man, who do I PM my weight update to again? Caprica said someone was taking over for a while. Drank like 10 liters of water last night flushed out all my sodium. 188.2 like a skinny emo ******* gyeeeah
    Still me.
    I think she was referring to another competition thread.
    The one with the funny crossfit meme's.

Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    Oh, hey BK
    I don't even.....

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    I love the male body, believe me...but I guess I am more attracted to the manly nature of men more than visual appeal if that makes sense? Like when I see a guy working on a car, building something, or doing some kind of manual labor, that's way hotter to me than him strutting around in boy shorts lol. Think that's pretty much the reason why I never liked male strippers...man in a thong and ass chaps is disturbing to me. Seems feminine to just be strutting around flaunting body parts seductively with barely any clothes on lmao. Maybe I'm weird...

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLkZIvNFZ_3FdR0_zQvpbpIrnRVQxzV zq6CQ3UZhDNCLBihH0y[img]
    Doesn't mean I don't have standards lol...though I have dated a few 'overweight' guys. Didn't bother me because we got a long so well. But when they started acting up it was kind of like wow, you're treating me like crap and you look like that? Bye

lmao

keepingitreal.jpg

lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

thighs coming in a bit better, but calves are lacking.
    wouldrubtenderly/10

Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very nice! I want to work on levers soon but am focusing on l-sit and handstands for skill work atm since i'm a noob to body weight training. Finally can do diamond push ups so hopefully ring pressing work won't be too far in the future

How long did it take you to get your full back lever? What does your routine normally look like now?!
    L-sit is good to focus on. Having an L-sit that is easy peasy to hold really helps with a lot of skills. The core strength and shoulder strength really comes in handy. It is common dogma that squats and deads are good enough for the core, that is not true at all with BW work; you need a super strong core as that is where your resistance comes from.

Took me about a year of weekly back lever training to get to the full layout. Still isn't great though, there is a fair gap between rudimentary full layout and gorgeous full layout; getting there though.

I do an upper/lower split, with a static/dynamic split upper body.

Leg Day A:
    Single Leg Squats (weighted-unweighted)
    Deep Step ups (weighted) - Sub for hill sprints at the moment

Leg Day B:
    Single Leg Squats (weighted-unweighted)
    Natural Hamstring Curls

Dynamic Upper:
    Handstand pushups (about to start elevating the hands to go full depth)
    Pullups (weighted-unweighted)
    Ring Dips

Static Upper:
    Handstand wall runs
    Planche Progression (tuck planche currently)
    Manna/V-Sit Progression (middle split hold, have about a 45 degree v-sit)
    Front Lever Progression (flat back tuck currently, doing one leg negatives though)
    Back Lever

I also find time here and there to practice freestanding handstands (I really suck at those) and muscle ups (still can only do one arm at a time, been a few weeks since I tried though). Also working on tuck planche pushups to replace the ring dips eventually.

When bulking I use an undulating periodization in the legs; I always work autoregulated or forced rep progression in the upper body, do that as well in the lower body when cutting.

Sometimes I do a couple sets of DB curls, dragon flags, or weird single leg squats between sets.
    Go Pack Go!!!

Workout Log - Bulking with Bodyweight - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156762293
    IIFYM Eater - waldo56 on myfitnesspal

<<<<<Don't Panic>>>>>

Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post
    no idea, I don't count lol. Broccoli and other fibers are unlimited because the body can't use them for glucogenesis. So no need to eliminate them.
    SOOO good to know! I'm still looking up things on this diet... Thanks!

Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cowgurl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    Yeah, need to fix this....

Now lets get him to do some "manual" labor.... Right MLJ? Hahaha!

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cowgurl87 View Post
    SOOO good to know! I'm still looking up things on this diet... Thanks!
    Theres a good section here about it. Also if you look up "The BodyOpus Diet" by Dan Duchainne he has a lot of good info as well. But he's also slightly crazy. So read it with caution lol. He also wrote "The Deathwish Diet" which is exactly that lol.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Waldo56 View Post
    L-sit is good to focus on. Having an L-sit that is easy peasy to hold really helps with a lot of skills. The core strength and shoulder strength really comes in handy. It is common dogma that squats and deads are good enough for the core, that is not true at all with BW work; you need a super strong core as that is where your resistance comes from.
    Have seen this mentioned other places, was going to jump directly into planche work and probably would have caused myself all kinds of frustration not working on other static standards first. Who is your main source of information in regard to body weight training?

Yeah, need to fix this....

Now lets get him to do some "manual" labor.... Right MLJ? Hahaha!
    rofl!

Mirin' your taste, can't say I'd mind that at all

rofl!

Mirin' your taste, can't say I'd mind that at all
    I miss you gals! I've been so busy, trying to focus on the kids AND this Keto diet, plus the added ditziness... AGH!

You said you did Keto for a while, did you carb load on the weekends? Do you HAVE to carb load? I've read two books in this the last week, then decided to give it a go. I LOVE it. Minus the weird insomnia I had last night... Haha!

Hairiest ass on the misc biggoron's Avatar
    biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's time for LF Chat to turn into the View.

bbl
    LEO

bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I miss you gals! I've been so busy, trying to focus on the kids AND this Keto diet, plus the added ditziness... AGH!

You said you did Keto for a while, did you carb load on the weekends? Do you HAVE to carb load? I've read two books in this the last week, then decided to give it a go. I LOVE it. Minus the weird insomnia I had last night... Haha!
    I dont think you want to carb load until past the induction phase (~3 weeks) from most of what I have read.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

So just so everyone knows, show date has moved to July 5, my now ex-coach was a piece of crap who literally didn't know his head from his ass, and wanted to pull cardio out 2 weeks from a show when I was no where near the adequate conditioning to do so. Also didn't want to crush estrogen to dry out because "you won't feel good" dude, no sh!t, I'm fukking 6% and wet as fuk, you think I feel good now?

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. I have started working with a new coaching team for the next 25 days in hopes of actually bringing a package to the stage that I am proud of. Fkkin bitsh.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Know how that goes, believe me lol

At first I didn't. Don't believe it's necessary at first, especially if you are not particularly active yet. But if you are aiming to add strength training into your workouts, it will become necessary. I think it's best to do strict keto for a month, and then begin a cyclic ketogenic diet that involves refeeding muscle glycogen so that you can get the benefits of a ketogenic metabolism while being able to put enough energy into strength training. Originally wanted to do strict keto until losing all the weight but after 3 months I had lost enough weight to where I wanted to be active and work out...and had no physical energy to do so! I think strict indefinite keto would maybe be better with steady state cardio, or even no activity at all. If you want to go hard in workouts, going to need them carbs.

Originally Posted by biggoron View Post
    It's time for LF Chat to turn into the View.

bbl
    Thought it was BKs job to be the a$$...

Know how that goes, believe me lol

At first I didn't. Don't believe it's necessary at first, especially if you are not particularly active yet. But if you are aiming to add strength training into your workouts, it will become necessary. I think it's best to do strict keto for a month, and then begin a cyclic ketogenic diet that involves refeeding muscle glycogen so that you can get the benefits of a ketogenic metabolism while being able to put enough energy into strength training. Originally wanted to do strict keto until losing all the weight but after 3 months I had lost enough weight to where I wanted to be active and work out...and had no physical energy to do so! I think strict indefinite keto would maybe be better with steady state cardio, or even no activity at all. If you want to go hard in workouts, going to need them carbs.
    Ok. Yeah, that's pretty much the same bullrider just said. What did you lose in those three months? Stats?

Originally Posted by lucksterx View Post
    wouldrubtenderly/10
    lol missed this...on spread

biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So just so everyone knows, show date has moved to July 5, my now ex-coach was a piece of crap who literally didn't know his head from his ass, and wanted to pull cardio out 2 weeks from a show when I was no where near the adequate conditioning to do so. Also didn't want to crush estrogen to dry out because "you won't feel good" dude, no sh!t, I'm fukking 6% and wet as fuk, you think I feel good now?

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. I have started working with a new coaching team for the next 25 days in hopes of actually bringing a package to the stage that I am proud of. Fkkin bitsh.
    raging bull
    LEO

we can say ass here.
    LEO

Ok. Yeah, that's pretty much the same bullrider just said. What did you lose in those three months? Stats?
    Have lost close to 40lbs on diets ketogenic in nature, first three months I lost 25lbs. Probably could have lost more if I had actually counted calories then..started around 200 lbs, weigh 155 lbs now.
    Last edited by missladyj; 06-12-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have seen this mentioned other places, was going to jump directly into planche work and probably would have caused myself all kinds of frustration not working on other static standards first. Who is your main source of information in regard to body weight training?
    Hard to say who exactly. I have copies of both Sommer's and Low's books. I think Sommer's programming is goofy (for adults, he is after all a kids coach, an issue most of the gymnast types have, coaching and programming meant for kids) and don't really agree with Low philosophically (very much a can't train the legs without barbells dude). I really like Jim from Beastskills' stuff. On youtube I've watched all of Ido's stuff and and the Strength Project channel's stuff. All BW dudes though are IMHO really lacking in the legs. Ben Bruno is to me the best source for single leg squatting work, he and his guys move big time loads, but he isn't a cali guy, instead a pro s&c coach.

I tend to draw programming influences though from bbers and powerlifters moreso than BW dudes. BW dudes are more often than not skinny little kids with chicken legs. I don't really spend much of any time looking at BW work info anymore, by and large I'm starting to strongly diverge from the pack goals-wise. I'm very much an aesthetics first performance second person; at first they are one and the same, but that changes, to reach higher and higher levels work shifts ever more toward strength only with mass increase being counterproductive.
    Go Pack Go!!!

Workout Log - Bulking with Bodyweight - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156762293
    IIFYM Eater - waldo56 on myfitnesspal

<<<<<Don't Panic>>>>>

we can say ass here.
    Well aware of that. It was a personal choice to edit.... You seem a bit grumpy today? Everything cool?

raging bull
    you can say that again...
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Well aware of that. It was a personal choice to edit.... You seem a bit grumpy today? Everything cool?
    me, grumpy? never. i'm my usual charming self
    LEO

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Theres a good section here about it. Also if you look up "The BodyOpus Diet" by Dan Duchainne he has a lot of good info as well. But he's also slightly crazy. So read it with caution lol. He also wrote "The Deathwish Diet" which is exactly that lol.
    Bodyopus was the first thing to aware me about the mainstream nature of "non-nattiness". It like a third of the book is all about drugs. IIRC Dan wrote Bodyopus from the hoosegow. I think it's pretty much a given that if you are a fitness guru, you are at least slightly crazy.

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lucksterx View Post
    wouldrubtenderly/10
    implying I would allow you to put your hands on my girl

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bringing the money shot since 2009

implying I would allow you to put your hands on my girl
    That's right- she's wearin your chain... how do you feel about that MLJ?
    bringing the money shot since 2009
    It never fails. All you have to do is mention his name, and BAM! He appears....

me, grumpy? never. i'm my usual charming self
    How is your transformation going? What's your biggest weakness?

Closed Thread
Page 178 of 273 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast