bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

attn manual wheelchair users - dem abz?

Due to my condition, I can walk, but for longer distances I use a manual wheelchair.

Now I know that my abs are one of my weak points, even though I target them specifically one day a week. With regular walking, one would also get some abs already but in my case it is obviously different.

But how does this work with propulsing the wheelchair? By stabilizing your body, do you also use your abs like you do with walking?

bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

Registered User usctrojanman111's Avatar
    usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usctrojanman111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think you are vastly over estimating the effectiveness of walking lol. try getting your diet on point and doing heavy low rep weighted abs exercises and youll be sorted.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by usctrojanman111 View Post
    i think you are vastly over estimating the effectiveness of walking lol. try getting your diet on point and doing heavy low rep weighted abs exercises and youll be sorted.
    Actually you'd be surprised how much of an effect your core has in stabilising your body when you walk.

OP: This is a very unfortunate situation and I feel for you (brah). But kudos for sticking to fitness against the odds, that shows some serious mental strength.

I would recommend increasing the frequency at which you train them - incorporating some progressive loading into the workouts. I do 2 focused ab workouts a week, along with my compound movements. In your condition are you able to do any big lifts like squats or deads?