Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBlifestyleFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright, i got 2 things to say . 1. If the squats are gettin you down, why not only do them on workout A? And the 1.5, 2 hour workouts, what part of it do you not like. Is it being in the gym for that long and you want to go home? Or is it you start to get tired and ****? One guy i know cant workout for over an hour without getting tired, lose concentration and just doesnt wanna work out, he fixed that by sipping carbs during his workouts. Also do you listen to music while working out? Works for me, i time the songs so that they peak when i get on the next set, gets me pumped. 2. I did this for 3 weeks (loved it, dont mind working out that long, currently doin the 6 week to shred program). And after my cut i wanna do a clean bulk while doin this program, what gains in term of size do you think i can get in like 6 months and what did you guys gain in size while on this program? Anyway, either your a person who just cant work out for that long which sucks 4u, or you just feel like the gym isnt worth being in for 2 hours, either way do whatever you enjoy, but if i was u and i switched to somethin else but got better results from doing this routine, i would switch back to it, and if the squats are getting to u maybe only do them on workout A and on workout B do fewer sets (reduces time to. Or just switch to somethin less taxing if you dont realy care about huge legs, like leg press. Hope it helped, and please answer me regarding how much size i can get outa this program

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BBlifestyleFTW View Post
    One guy i know cant workout for over an hour without getting tired, lose concentration and just doesnt wanna work out, he fixed that by sipping carbs during his workouts. Also do you listen to music while working out? Works for me, i time the songs so that they peak when i get on the next set, gets me pumped.
    ^Those

Intra workout nutrition is still a blurry area to make general recommendations, but a lot of people can see some improvement from getting something during their workout (Maybe more psychological than something else, but the benefit is still there i suppose). Try gatorade or something similar.

Also music makes a significant impact.

Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BBlifestyleFTW View Post
    Alright, i got 2 things to say . 1. If the squats are gettin you down, why not only do them on workout A? And the 1.5, 2 hour workouts, what part of it do you not like. Is it being in the gym for that long and you want to go home? Or is it you start to get tired and ****? One guy i know cant workout for over an hour without getting tired, lose concentration and just doesnt wanna work out, he fixed that by sipping carbs during his workouts. Also do you listen to music while working out? Works for me, i time the songs so that they peak when i get on the next set, gets me pumped. 2. I did this for 3 weeks (loved it, dont mind working out that long, currently doin the 6 week to shred program). And after my cut i wanna do a clean bulk while doin this program, what gains in term of size do you think i can get in like 6 months and what did you guys gain in size while on this program? Anyway, either your a person who just cant work out for that long which sucks 4u, or you just feel like the gym isnt worth being in for 2 hours, either way do whatever you enjoy, but if i was u and i switched to somethin else but got better results from doing this routine, i would switch back to it, and if the squats are getting to u maybe only do them on workout A and on workout B do fewer sets (reduces time to. Or just switch to somethin less taxing if you dont realy care about huge legs, like leg press. Hope it helped, and please answer me regarding how much size i can get outa this program
    Yeah, I do listen to music. And I don't like being in the gym for that long, I started just going through the motions of the lifts and not giving it my all after I finished all the barbell work. It was just far too long, I would be doing squats for half an hour then still have 7 lifts to do.
    High test crew

mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) mutantmanlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ampedlift View Post
    I've been on JasonDB's 5x5 Full body routine for a month and a week now and i'm burning out hard. I'm starting to lose motivation to go to the gym. This isn't like me at all.

I used to love squats but just after this month I fuarking dread doing them. I'm tired of squatting 3x a week, I spend half an hour just on squats every workout. All of my workouts are an hour and a half - two hours long as well, I really don't like being in the gym for that long.

I like how my lifts have progressed, even though my bench stalled at 140 and today I couldn't squat the 215 x 5 I was supposed to, will probably stall on that next time as well. (Though just a month ago it was at 135)

I think its the squats that are demotivating me right now, especially since I just stalled on it today and might have to deload.

I want to lift for aesthetics / strength, everybody told me this is the program to go to as a beginner. I've went from 160 lbs to 166 lbs so far but I fking swear most of it is on my quads.

I know i'm going to get slack for this, but I don't like my legs getting bigger and bigger. We all have our own goals, most of you might be bodybuilders, but I just want to look good. I can't wear any of my jeans comfortably any more (not skinnies, I dont wear skinny jeans), and no, I don't want to buy baggier jeans. That isn't what I want and my opinion should still be respected as we all have our own goals. My upper body is lagging behind and since i've been squatting 3x a week it's going to lag behind even more. I think squatting 2x a week would be much better for me.

Does anybody have any recommendations for me? Should I just switch to a Push/Pull/Legs ?
    Eat more protein dude (srs)
    come on you seriously cant overtrain on 5x5!!!!!(yes mad)

Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ampedlift has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mutantmanlet View Post
    Eat more protein dude (srs)
    come on you seriously cant overtrain on 5x5!!!!!(yes mad)
    I'm eating 1g-1.2g/lb body weight of protein, that isnt my problem.

And yes, you can overtrain on 5x5, which is why you need deloads. But I wasn't simply overtraining, I was getting mad demotivated because I didn't enjoy the two hour long workouts and the 3x a week squatting.
    High test crew

Registered User Lightfighter214's Avatar
    Lightfighter214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel your pain.

I really liked the program at first, got some solid results, but I got to the point where my lower back couldn't handle it. I spent a good chuck of my younger days in a light infantry unit and my back will never be the same. I have been searching for a different program for a bit and haven't really decided what to do yet.

One of the biggest problems I have ran into while searching on bodybuilding.com is that a lot of the people on here become followers of a program or person and they start cluttering everything making it hard to see the forest through the trees.

No one really knows what is the absolute best. There are a lot of sound theories, but there are also sound theories that contradict the other sound theories.

If you change it, or run another program will it effect your gains? Maybe, maybe not. You won't gain as much in your squat, because well, you aren't squatting three days a week anymore. Whether it be a push/pull, upper/lower, 3 day full body, etc.

The only real thing that seems standard for beginner types is make sure your program allows you to progress linearly in some form. Beginning lifting is really the only time this can happen. Pick a program that you enjoy and if your results are just a hair lower then a program you hate doing, who cares?

Let me know what you decide, I am looking for a new program also.

d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lightfighter214 View Post
    I feel your pain.

I really liked the program at first, got some solid results, but I got to the point where my lower back couldn't handle it. I spent a good chuck of my younger days in a light infantry unit and my back will never be the same. I have been searching for a different program for a bit and haven't really decided what to do yet.

One of the biggest problems I have ran into while searching on bodybuilding.com is that a lot of the people on here become followers of a program or person and they start cluttering everything making it hard to see the forest through the trees.

No one really knows what is the absolute best. There are a lot of sound theories, but there are also sound theories that contradict the other sound theories.

If you change it, or run another program will it effect your gains? Maybe, maybe not. You won't gain as much in your squat, because well, you aren't squatting three days a week anymore. Whether it be a push/pull, upper/lower, 3 day full body, etc.

The only real thing that seems standard for beginner types is make sure your program allows you to progress linearly in some form. Beginning lifting is really the only time this can happen. Pick a program that you enjoy and if your results are just a hair lower then a program you hate doing, who cares?

Let me know what you decide, I am looking for a new program also.
    I agree with you 100%. People become over zealous too fast when they find a program they like, a theory or concept of a particular aspect in lifting and they all of a sudden push it upon others like it's the only way to do it. That's not the appropriate approach one should take in bodybuilding. Layne Norton capitalized on that in his "think for yourself" vlogs.
    Currently Bulking

“The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. “

a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) a3sthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ampedlift View Post
    I've been on JasonDB's 5x5 Full body routine for a month and a week now and i'm burning out hard. I'm starting to lose motivation to go to the gym. This isn't like me at all.

I used to love squats but just after this month I fuarking dread doing them. I'm tired of squatting 3x a week, I spend half an hour just on squats every workout. All of my workouts are an hour and a half - two hours long as well, I really don't like being in the gym for that long.

I like how my lifts have progressed, even though my bench stalled at 140 and today I couldn't squat the 215 x 5 I was supposed to, will probably stall on that next time as well. (Though just a month ago it was at 135)

I think its the squats that are demotivating me right now, especially since I just stalled on it today and might have to deload.

I want to lift for aesthetics / strength, everybody told me this is the program to go to as a beginner. I've went from 160 lbs to 166 lbs so far but I fking swear most of it is on my quads.

I know i'm going to get slack for this, but I don't like my legs getting bigger and bigger. We all have our own goals, most of you might be bodybuilders, but I just want to look good. I can't wear any of my jeans comfortably any more (not skinnies, I dont wear skinny jeans), and no, I don't want to buy baggier jeans. That isn't what I want and my opinion should still be respected as we all have our own goals. My upper body is lagging behind and since i've been squatting 3x a week it's going to lag behind even more. I think squatting 2x a week would be much better for me.

Does anybody have any recommendations for me? Should I just switch to a Push/Pull/Legs ?
    I'd just get rid of the squats on Deadlift day and increase deads to 5x5.

Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Santrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I experienced the same thing. It was crazy getting a new PB on squats 3x week knowing that you had to do it all over again the week after!

I switched to a great upper lower routine that I found on here. I was hitting lower body twice a week, once with 5x5 squats and once with 10x4 front squats with a much lighter weight and reduced rest periods.

Each session was an hour tops which kept me pretty happy.