Closed Thread
Page 63 of 335 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 10048
    Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Not sure if you've read these or not, but they came to mind...Might want to give them a look in regards to your lifting and nutrition on the "new" ankle.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/nu...-injury-part-1
    http://www.dieselsc.com/strength-tra...und-an-injury/
    http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-c...-dos-and-donts
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/05/12/injuries/
    Thanks mike, with all of the free time that I have. I'll have to give some of these a read this afternoon. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Aw dude, sorry to hear about your injury. That sucks, but just ride it out. You'll be kickin ass again before you know it
    Hope everything is good otherwise.
    I really hope so dude, unfortunately.. this type of injury impacts my quality of life so much that all else can't really be "good". At least that's the way it seems right now, just gonna try and do the best I can.

Thanks for the well wishes man.

Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How unfortunate that this happened to you Erik! And jeez, your boss didn't sound very sympathetic calling you "useless"! I hope you recuperate swiftly. Stay positive (:

I lift like a girl ShelbyAlmaria's Avatar
    ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000)
    How are you settling over the weekend? Looks like you're going to get some quality GTA V playing time.
    Definitely in on what D said though. Friends don't let friends skip legs day... but I think this is a pretty good exception to the rule. You can still train like a beast!
    When your boss said 'useless', try not to take it hard, he was probably pissed off that he's lost one of his best workers for the next few weeks.

KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500)
    yo, so you've stopped lifting for the time being? or are you still hittin the weights?

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well the weekend has been pretty hard, I won't lie. All I've had the energy to do is get up, eat, play some video games, and sleep. (Literally that's all I've done). I would've thought that I would've been in the gym right now, trying my hardest to hit the weights. But it would be laughable to even attempt it right now, since I can't even move without my crutches.. I couldn't even imagine myself carrying a pair of dumbbells. But I can barely walk down the 3 flights of stairs of my apartment. Just lacking in motivation right now.

Today I took my car in to get serviced, was in the waiting room for a half hour before I decided I needed to go to the bathroom. Already feeling like trash, I got up, and hobbled on my crutches over across the showroom floor and slipped on my right crutch (due to the wet floor) and sent myself face first into the floor. *sigh*.. I had 3 guys run over and pick me up, and I wanted to break down right there in the car dealership, I went in the bathroom, did my business, and waited for my car to be done before I went home and spent the rest of my day to my self. I know things could be a lot worse, and I'm trying my hardest to get through this.. but it's very hard for me right now.

I see the "foot lady" on monday, I have work off until tuesday.. any time after that, and I dunno what's going to happen.

Going to try and take some time tomorrow to catch up on some class work (I've even lacked the motivation to catch up on my school work/etc for the past few days.. and it's really been killing me).

Originally Posted by Ebullience View Post
    How unfortunate that this happened to you Erik! And jeez, your boss didn't sound very sympathetic calling you "useless"! I hope you recuperate swiftly. Stay positive (:
    Yeah, it's life I guess right? The guy is a complete douche, so it really doesn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by ShelbyAlmaria View Post
    How are you settling over the weekend? Looks like you're going to get some quality GTA V playing time.
    Definitely in on what D said though. Friends don't let friends skip legs day... but I think this is a pretty good exception to the rule. You can still train like a beast!
    When your boss said 'useless', try not to take it hard, he was probably pissed off that he's lost one of his best workers for the next few weeks.
    Not too good. All I've really done today is play GTA. lol. And perhaps I'll get in the gym next week. Depends on how my foot feels.

Hmm, no my boss is actually probably the most disgusting/worst guy I've ever worked with in my entire life. I have two bosses actually (they're both partners).. one is the most down to earth, nicest guy ever.. and his partner (the one that called me useless) has the "how/what can I get the most out of you" mindset. So, he most likely wasn't pissed about losing me specifically, just another worker.

Thanks for checking in shelby!

Originally Posted by KurtGrizzly View Post
    yo, so you've stopped lifting for the time being? or are you still hittin the weights?
    Uhh no. I can't lift on crutches bro.

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^ Man, sorry to hear about your broken foot.

Hope you get better soon, so you can get stronger brah.

nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Iv'e been following your log for a while, and I wanna express my condolences for the broken foot. You have made some great progress with your strength over the past couple of months, and I hope you are not out too long!

I think you are at crossroads, and it provides an excellent opportunity to display your psychological growth since your stay at in-patient.

I would encourage trying to make as many friends as possible at school or at at work etc. because doing things with them can take your mind off any addictions towards exercise or food restrictions. Wish you the best man!

Originally Posted by XCRunner9 View Post

Originally Posted by XCRunner9 View Post

It's not really a broken foot, brah. But thanks, brah. I cracked the outside of my foot, a "jones fracture", breh.

Thanks for the well wishes, brah.

Originally Posted by nlevy12 View Post
    Iv'e been following your log for a while, and I wanna express my condolences for the broken foot. You have made some great progress with your strength over the past couple of months, and I hope you are not out too long!

I think you are at crossroads, and it provides an excellent opportunity to display your psychological growth since your stay at in-patient.

I would encourage trying to make as many friends as possible at school or at at work etc. because doing things with them can take your mind off any addictions towards exercise or food restrictions. Wish you the best man!
    I hope so too, thank you for the well wishes.

It's very very true, I can't help but feel "at a crossroads" in life right now. With my injury, with my school, with my recovery, etc. With me, I've been trying as hard as I can to do the whole "be as nice and as friendly as possible to everyone you meet at school, and hope to get as many friends as you can" thing for the past 3 weeks, ever since returning. I've met a lot of nice people, but it hasn't really gotten me anywhere.

Anyways, it's always good to see a new face ITT and I appreciate the post.

tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't rush the recovery process and go straight back into the gym. I did that a couple weeks ago with my pec rupture surgery and made things 10x worse and will now take longer for me to recover.
    April 26th, 2013 - You'll never be forgotten, brother.

Originally Posted by tailwhip View Post
    Don't rush the recovery process and go straight back into the gym. I did that a couple weeks ago with my pec rupture surgery and made things 10x worse and will now take longer for me to recover.
    Not going to do anything until I see the foot lady tomorrow morning.

Hope things are well.

Another Update
    Things have been pretty crappy, I won't lie. I really have been catching up on my sleep, that's for damn sure. Had to take work off (but told my boss just a few minutes ago, that I would come in on thursday to try out a shift.. even on crutches). I've regained some mobility in the other foot, allowing my to put a little bit of weight on the ball of my right foot (the hurt one).

So, I just woke up from my midday nap, and after my doctor/appointment with the foot doctor.It turns out, the doctor at the urgent care was right.. I DO indeed have a "Jones fracture". I have it in the "worst spot possible", and it's the "trickiest spot to treat" (all according to the ortho doc). Which really didn't quell too much of my fears. It all and all was a pretty good appointment, and was entirely necessary... took additional xrays and talked about treatment options.. at the end of it all, the doctor gave me an ultimatum and I had TWO options of going about this...

1. Go with surgery. They would operate, it would be a "one day thing" and I would be in, in the morning, and out the same day. Recovery would be 3-4 weeks in a boot, and after that.. I would be "weight baring" on both legs (even though I can sort of do that now). The surgery sounded pretty gross, but in it.. they would place a screw in the affected area, clean it up, and be done. Pretty simple. But surgery is surgery.
    2. Wait it out. Most of the time, with these types of injuries.. unless people are athletes under contracts NEEDING to participate in their sport. These types of injuries heal over time.. (all according to the doc) and most people just wait it out, and do NOT opt for surgery.. since he/she is NOT a pro athlete.. and has the time.

My choice? I told the doctor that I'd "think about it, but at the end of it all. I think I'm going to go ahead and move forward with surgery.. even though there is GUARANTEED "down time" of 3-4 weeks. (which scares the crap out of me). I shared my plans with the doc, right on the spot and he agreed that surgery would most likely be the "better move" since I had been having pain/had the fracture for the past 3 months prior to injuring my foot last thursday.

*phew* like I said, the past weekend/few days have been crap. And have REALLY made me thankful for what god has blessed me with (my legs, and limbs). I appreciate all of the support and encouragement that has been provided ITT. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Today marked week #2 of NO caffeine. ZING! (Never thought I'd be able to do it for this long (and never have, lol).

EDIT: The doc also advised me to invest in some vitamin D and calcium supps. (I already have some "Vitamin D3" pills in the cabinet, so I'm off to walmart to buy some calcium).

Last edited by ErikTheElectric; 09-30-2013 at 04:24 PM.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work on the no caffeine for this long, sounds like you're definitely making progress!

Also, I think surgery is the right choice imo as well. You're guaranteed a clean set and healing process and will probably alleviate any further problems in the future which might be exacerbated by weight training and the extra loads placed upon the body. Good on you for making the mature decision and going the tougher route.

And as for the calcium, you could just go buck wild on some CC/GY. I'm currently downing anywhere from 15-20oz of GY/day so I'm pretty sure that would more than cover your calcium needs. I believe the precision nutrition article also covers essentials nutrients which should be prioritized in ones diet during recovery from injury, might want to give that a look.

In for substantial post-surgery-muscle-memory gains. haha
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Nice work on the no caffeine for this long, sounds like you're definitely making progress!

Also, I think surgery is the right choice imo as well. You're guaranteed a clean set and healing process and will probably alleviate any further problems in the future which might be exacerbated by weight training and the extra loads placed upon the body. Good on you for making the mature decision and going the tougher route.

And as for the calcium, you could just go buck wild on some CC/GY. I'm currently downing anywhere from 15-20oz of GY/day so I'm pretty sure that would more than cover your calcium needs. I believe the precision nutrition article also covers essentials nutrients which should be prioritized in ones diet during recovery from injury, might want to give that a look.

In for substantial post-surgery-muscle-memory gains. haha
    Yeah, the no caffeine thing was hard at first. And still is, but my way of "curing" the massive headaches that I get.. is just to lay down and take a "nap" even though I don't even sleep. (I'm still awake for 2+ hours, my eyes are just closed.. gotta love having a f*cked up sleep cycle).

I'm pretty much looking into foods rich in Vitamin D (seems to be the hardest to get at the moment). Will my "vitamin D3" supplement work do you think?

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Yeah, the no caffeine thing was hard at first. And still is, but my way of "curing" the massive headaches that I get.. is just to lay down and take a "nap" even though I don't even sleep. (I'm still awake for 2+ hours, my eyes are just closed.. gotta love having a f*cked up sleep cycle).

I'm pretty much looking into foods rich in Vitamin D (seems to be the hardest to get at the moment). Will my "vitamin D3" supplement work do you think?
    I think for those for who don't normally consume much vitamin D or get much sunlight exposure, it's actually very wise to supplement with some vitamin D. There have been numerous studies that showed numerous benefits to supplementation.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Surgery?! </3 be safe bro. Best of luck!
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

I think for those for who don't normally consume much vitamin D or get much sunlight exposure, it's actually very wise to supplement with some vitamin D. There have been numerous studies that showed numerous benefits to supplementation.
    brb sunbathing. Haha picked up a calcium supp tonight, and will be going HAMMER TIME on some CC/GY.

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Surgery?! </3 be safe bro. Best of luck!
    Yeah man, scary stuff. Still thinking about it/weighing my options though.

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fuark dude, scary stuff. Something like that has just recently happened to me...

I've got a broken scaphoid (peanut sized bone) in left wrist, I broke it during a football (soccer) accident when I was playing in goal and my wrist hyper-extended past 90° - it wasn't a nice feeling.

For 2 years I thought it was a tendon/ligament strain and just "put up with it" but after many more months of intermittent pain, I decided to cut my losses and go for an xray. It showed that I had broken the bone in the worst possible place (just like you) and it WILL not heal on its own as there is not enough blood flow surrounding the bone as it has a backwards blood supply.

The doctor said I also have two options:

A) have surgery, basically cut my hand open, locate the broken bone, clean it up a bit and take a bone graft from my hip bone to fill in the gap, insert a screw and let it heal over time. However even surgery is not guaranteed to heal it 100%. Even with surgery I will get Arthritis within 15 years.

B) don't have surgery, and basically put up with the weakness of my wrist joint, have intermittent tenderness and pain and get arthritis in 5 years. The bone may 'die' and may cause complete immobilisation when moving my wrist up and down. I chose this option...

It was tough but if I'm going to get Arthritis anyway, what's the point. He even said that there's only a 50% chance the op will work, and the bone may even be too small to insert the screw which may cause it to just crack like an eggshell. Not good.

It makes any pressing movements tough and it may affect my progression in certain lifts but my wrist wraps help a lot.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    Fuark dude, scary stuff. Something like that has just recently happened to me...

I've got a broken scaphoid (peanut sized bone) in left wrist, I broke it during a football (soccer) accident when I was playing in goal and my wrist hyper-extended past 90° - it wasn't a nice feeling.

For 2 years I thought it was a tendon/ligament strain and just "put up with it" but after many more months of intermittent pain, I decided to cut my losses and go for an xray. It showed that I had broken the bone in the worst possible place (just like you) and it WILL not heal on its own as there is not enough blood flow surrounding the bone as it has a backwards blood supply.

The doctor said I also have two options:

A) have surgery, basically cut my hand open, locate the broken bone, clean it up a bit and take a bone graft from my hip bone to fill in the gap, insert a screw and let it heal over time. However even surgery is not guaranteed to heal it 100%. Even with surgery I will get Arthritis within 15 years.

B) don't have surgery, and basically put up with the weakness of my wrist joint, have intermittent tenderness and pain and get arthritis in 5 years. The bone may 'die' and may cause complete immobilisation when moving my wrist up and down. I chose this option...

It was tough but if I'm going to get Arthritis anyway, what's the point. He even said that there's only a 50% chance the op will work, and the bone may even be too small to insert the screw which may cause it to just crack like an eggshell. Not good.

It makes any pressing movements tough and it may affect my progression in certain lifts but my wrist wraps help a lot.
    Thanks for sharing dude. Really put things into perspective for me.

Especially after today, I went to my family doctor and got a MUCH NEEDED second opinion on everything. Was in their for about 3 hours (he sent me to HIS foot doctor and she looked at me...)
    Basically, I don't need surgery...

Instead? I'm going to have to be in a cast for 4 weeks... which has put my depression at an all time high, that's for damn sure.. I just don't know what I'm going to do..
    Not only am I going to be able to do no activity, but no driving, no putting any weight on my foot at all, no work, no class (No one to drive me) I may have to end up taking the semester off...

Haven't been this down/depressed in a long time.. Just praying things will get better.. I hope to god they do..

Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know it seems that the reason to fall into depression seems immense now, but you gotta fight it. Try thinking about it this way: 4 weeks in a cast and your road to complete mobilization begins; others who break their legs, tear their ligaments, or don't even have legs have it so much worse off

I've been injured before at very critical times in my life as well (torn MCL + ACL before field hockey season which I trained my ass off for a year), and the only thing that had got me through that tough time was my being optimistic.

And I'd suggest that whatever extra measures you need to take to stay in school...do them. School will take so much off your mind, there really isn't anything better for you at this moment.

Well wishes to you Erik.
    My Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154479513

Quest to strength, one training session at a time

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Having surgery sucks but, at the end of the day, it will be nice to have it taken care of. I remember back before I had elbow surgery, my lifting was constantly affected (primarily pressing). Now that the surgery is all said and done with, it's so nice to not be restricted because of pain.

Long story short: Recovery time blows (as you know), but in the grand scheme of things it's a small price to pay to have a future of pain free physical activity.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
    I know it seems that the reason to fall into depression seems immense now, but you gotta fight it. Try thinking about it this way: 4 weeks in a cast and your road to complete mobilization begins; others who break their legs, tear their ligaments, or don't even have legs have it so much worse off

I've been injured before at very critical times in my life as well (torn MCL + ACL before field hockey season which I trained my ass off for a year), and the only thing that had got me through that tough time was my being optimistic.

And I'd suggest that whatever extra measures you need to take to stay in school...do them. School will take so much off your mind, there really isn't anything better for you at this moment.

Well wishes to you Erik.
    I've tried to take the "well, it could be worse" mindset ever since starting my recovery. But in the grand scheme of things, (without trying to sound too negative)... it HAS gotten worse. All I've ever wanted, strived for, hoped for, prayed for.. is stable and consistently normal health. Even being in recovery, being home, finally on my own.. I still have yet to achieve that. I've got a long road in front of me, and have a lot to think about. Technically, things COULD be worse (perhaps it's just the day, perhaps I'm just feeling sorry for myself) but I'm just having a hard time overall. Technically, I could be without arms, legs, be a paraplegic and or could have cancer. I'm sure things were pretty chitty when you had your ACL tear, so you can definitely relate.

Thanks for giving your 0.02$ and as always thank you for the support my dude, gotta hit you with some reps when I'm off spread.

Originally Posted by Scooter4 View Post
    Having surgery sucks but, at the end of the day, it will be nice to have it taken care of. I remember back before I had elbow surgery, my lifting was constantly affected (primarily pressing). Now that the surgery is all said and done with, it's so nice to not be restricted because of pain.

Long story short: Recovery time blows (as you know), but in the grand scheme of things it's a small price to pay to have a future of pain free physical activity.
    Not gonna have surgery, maybe you read the wrong update. But I got a second opinion today, instead.. I'm bound to a cast for an entire month. I know, deep down inside that the end product, my future.. will be so much brighter with the cast. But it still doesn't relieve the stress/extreme amount of anxiety I get from thinking of those 4, anguish filled weeks.

Hope you're doing well.

I lift like a girl ShelbyAlmaria's Avatar
    ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000)
    Person who's never broken a bone: Checking in!

Things seem real dark for now and you're going to need to get creative with new sedentary style hobbies, but remember this is ONLY for a month. Not even one term of school, its twice as long as it takes to send a package to Australia.
    You'll get there counting down the days.

The second opinion sounds promising though. The cast would be a lot more comfortable, I just hope it means just as much of a full recovery and strength that the surgery would give in the long run.

Check your FB messages. Your Aussie goodies are sitting in my car ready to post!

Originally Posted by ShelbyAlmaria View Post
    Person who's never broken a bone: Checking in!

Things seem real dark for now and you're going to need to get creative with new sedentary style hobbies, but remember this is ONLY for a month. Not even one term of school, its twice as long as it takes to send a package to Australia.
    You'll get there counting down the days.

The second opinion sounds promising though. The cast would be a lot more comfortable, I just hope it means just as much of a full recovery and strength that the surgery would give in the long run.

Check your FB messages. Your Aussie goodies are sitting in my car ready to post!
    Hey you, I saw your FB message and I'll respond when I get some time.

Pssh, already? You didn't have to send a package that soon. haha. You're damn lucky that you've never broken anything, I was the same... actually still am since this is a fracture and not a break. I have VERY strong bones.

Totally agree about getting some new hobbies, I'm trying not to think of them as "new sedentary style hobbies" because that just sets my mind up for negative thinking. I'm already into playing some GTA, trying (yes.. TRYING) to get back into school since I'm failing two classes, may just have to pull out the guitar.

Hope things are well with you girl.

tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FutureAestethic View Post
    seen your vids on youtube, you've been lifting for more than 3 years and you're still a skinny . lawl
    Erik weighs more than you

Did you forget to take your special helmet off before posting that or...
    April 26th, 2013 - You'll never be forgotten, brother.

Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Instead? I'm going to have to be in a cast for 4 weeks... which has put my depression at an all time high, that's for damn sure.. I just don't know what I'm going to do..
    Not only am I going to be able to do no activity, but no driving, no putting any weight on my foot at all, no work, no class (No one to drive me) I may have to end up taking the semester off...

Haven't been this down/depressed in a long time.. Just praying things will get better.. I hope to god they do..
    Not to make your thread about me, but I figure maybe some perspective might improve your disposition.

A couple of years back a drunk driver ran me off the road. TL;DR is that I broke my jaw. Was in the hospital for a week. Had surgery twice because they goofed the first time and left a drill bit in my mouth. Seven days of catheter. Do not want.

The jaw was wired shut for eight weeks. No speaking, trouble breathing and sleeping, no training because the incision on my neck would rupture, and next to no food. Had zero energy to do anything to the point where watching t.v. was almost taxing. I also kept breaking the wires on my jaw unintentionally when I yawned, because apparently my jaw muscles are Hulk-class despite me not even lifting. So I got to spend a bunch of time in the waiting room of the E.R. as well. Lost about 20-25 lbs. and all kinds of strength.

Moral of the story? Bounced back. So will you. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that you can eat solid foods and speak like a human being. Women will give you all the sympathy. I kid you not.
    "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

"The training is nothing. The will is everything."

"What you see in the mirror is not what you will see forever. That goes for what you like and what you don't. Everything is constantly changing" - Rodzilla

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158783463&p=1175110853#post1175110853

Originally Posted by Crucifist View Post
    Moral of the story? Bounced back. So will you. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that you can eat solid foods and speak like a human being. Women will give you all the sympathy. I kid you not.
    Thanks for the post, It seems like everytime someone posts about "tearing an ACL", or in your case having your jaw wired shut. I can't help but feel like my injury is miniscule compared to them, and I get really down on myself and feel like I really should "buck up" and stop feeling sorry for myself.

The real thing is though, I don't want sympathy. Even in day to day life, people try to hold doors open for me, people ask me "what happened!!?" (I feel like I've told the story at least 80 times now), etc.. I grab the door with my crutch and push myself through, get up the stairs with one hand, I don't accept help.. I just feel so much better doing things on my own. But I can't help but still feel bad about the fact that I've been without constant and consistent health/well being for the past 4-5 years. Something I've always strived for. There's ALWAYS seemed to be something wrong with a bone, some type of blood level out of whack, under weight/overweight, a deficiency in vitamin ___, etc.. and no matter how hard I pray, how hard I push, I just can't seem to get it.. All I've ever wanted is to be strong (physically and mentally), normal, and healthy.. it just seems like so far away..

Anyways, I won't rant anymore. It's not going to get me anywhere. I suppose I'm just going to use this time to try and pull myself out of the hole I'm in at school (failing 3 classes), finding some new activities to do (possibly reading), and trying to focus on me for once.

Thanks for the 0.02$ like always brother.

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wait wot .. haven't checked in here or been in the log section for a while. what happened m8 broke your leg or some sht?

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hope you have a speedy recovery man. Least it is only a month and not longer, could be worse.
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

Mini Update
    So I get the cast on tomorrow, should take around 20-30 minutes. They were very specific on the fact that I can't drive there and drive back, that someone has to drive me. Which I'm completely fine with...

But if that means NO driving for the entire 3-4 weeks, then we're going to have a problem. I'll either drive with my left foot, or with my cast on.. no matter how uncomfortable, or dangerous it is. If I'm without my car, I can't get around, I can't go to work, I can't go to school, etc. If I miss any of those things for the 3-4 week period, I'm going to lose my mind. I've never been one to be so reliant on a vehicle for transportation (lol), but when it comes down to it.. I'm going to need it.

As far as how I'm doing currently, I'm still a bit down in the dumps.. About to "try out" my first day back at work.. on one foot.. leaving in a few minutes.. things should be "interesting". Lol. I swear, every customer is probably going to be like "What happened to you!?".

Thanks for all of those still following, and sorry for the joke of a log this has all become.. now that I'm at where I'm at..

Peace

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    I hope you have a speedy recovery man. Least it is only a month and not longer, could be worse.
    Can't tell you how many times I've heard this, but I agree with you.

Hope things are well brother, and I'm glad you're still following ITT.

weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weewee543 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Crazy progress man, subbed. Btw, just saw a post saying you were in San Diego. Where do you workout usually?
    Goals / Current @ 195lbs
    Bench 350 / 315
    Squat 475 / 350 ATG
    Dead 600 / 450
    OHP 250 / 205

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 335 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast