Closed Thread
Page 123 of 335 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 10048
    jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I run myself into the ground with no rest days, CNS ain't about that life

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with both Determined and MikeWines. I'm not saying it's foolish, but I think it's a bit extreme to start doing high volume training with low amounts of rest. At least give yourself a day off each week to recover or you may exhaust your CNS. Just my take on it.

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think he would be okay doing 1 rest day a week. Eventually tho when the weights to really start getting heavy, something is gonna have to change up.
    Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155910073

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Erik, no offense, but ^that's kind of foolish...

I know you're young and you feel invincible (especially with the caffeine you've got on board) but the truth is, you're neglecting one of the key pieces of the puzzle: stimulus (lifting) + building blocks (food) + recovery (rest) = growth (LBM).

I know that you think you can go 100% all the time and the rules of training don't apply to you but I just want to be realistic with you. B/c that^ will eventually lead to a plateau or an injury. Hopefully the former before the latter.
    One thing I'm trying to be better at, is accepting others opinions and criticisms for what they are. And realizing that "my way" isn't always the greatest way OR the most optimal way. Before I say what I say, I just want YOU to know.. that I think you're an EXTREMELY talented and gifted individual.. that knows so much and that others benefit greatly from. That being said, you really shouldn't make assumptions about the way another person could or couldn't feel. I may give off the impression that I "feel invincible" but that couldn't be further from the truth. Hitting the PR's that I have been lately, doing the things that I have been doing and being with the people that I have been have made me feel A LOT greater than I have been. But feeling "invincible" day in and day out is virtually impossible for a human being to feel. I WISH I could feel that way, but it's just not obtainable (unless you're on an absurd amount of drugs. (Also, I think it's both rude AND foolish to say that I think that "the rules of training don't apply to me". Please Mike, don't insult my intelligence. I may give off the impression that I have no idea what I'm talking about regarding training/lifting.. but I at least have some basic knowledge after lifting for the past 5 years of my life.)

Caffeine intake has nothing to do with any of this, I probably take in less than you do.

As I stated in my original post, I will take rest days when I FEEL like taking a rest day. (That's what "listening to your body" is all about..)
    I've made the greatest progress and have seen the greatest gains in my life in the past 2 months and I've taken MAYBE 2-3 "rest days". I do realize that being on a program that calls for ZERO rest days is foolish.. NOW looking back on my previous post.
    Not just for CNS purposes, but just for general sanity. I train because I like to train and I do this because I want to be stronger.
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    this
    no rest=just plain dumb sorry but being honest

^^^^ See adjustment.

Originally Posted by hostelmaniac View Post
    Yeah i would just stick with the traditional PPL. You're gonna be burnt out really fast from that, and thats coming from someone who only takes a few rest days a month.

This is really a GREAT quote i am actually trying to use now: "Sometimes less is more"

I would ATLEAST drop that last "full body" day. You could do the rest fine. The full body day will DEFINITELY hurt you more than anything just trust me on this one.
    You make a good point. I think after a while when I am putting up some higher numbers, I will need rest days.

Originally Posted by jgreenhaus View Post
    I run myself into the ground with no rest days, CNS ain't about that life
    Oh J dawg.. Oh

I think he would be okay doing 1 rest day a week. Eventually tho when the weights to really start getting heavy, something is gonna have to change up.
    ^^^

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    P.S If ANYONE has any ways of understanding "elasticity"/Micro economics" I would love you forever...

Have a test tomorrow.. well if it even matters. (I have my advising appointment on thursday and will pick whether or not to switch to kinesiology).

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just trying to make sense of your wants out of a routine, wouldn't PHAT or PHUL hit your needs and give you a rest day or two along with it? I mean you can even go so far as to add one more day to PHAT of stuff you wanna do and still have 1 rest day a week.
    Fates colliding. Love Undying.
    I rep all 5'5 and shorter on sight.

@ 150lbs BW
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 425
    OHP:165

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    If someone is inelastic, it means they cant respond to changes in price with their behavior (they can't stretch/bend-->"inelastic)
    So if the price for something jumps up, they still need to buy it so they have to pay the higher price.
    So demand stays the same.

If someone has an elastic demand it means they can alter their behavior (stretch/bend to the situation--> "elastic")
    So the demand for the product goes down.

Ex. Inelastic- The price of gas goes up (no public transportation options) but you still have to drive to work every day so you have to pay the higher price no matter what. Your demand for gas has not changed.

Elastic- The price of Cocoa puffs doubles. YOu really like them, but you are willing to accept alternative proudcts to fill their void. You stop buying cocoa puffs and start buying another cereal (CTC, cocoa krispies, reese's puffs, etc). Since your demand for the product was elastic, you could respond. Demand for cocoa puffs goes down in the market. Demand for the other three cereals goes up. As a result, the market will most likely respond by increasing supply of the other three cereals to feed the growing demand.
    as more people shift to the other cereals, eventually cocoa puffs will respond and drop their price.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    P.S If ANYONE has any ways of understanding "elasticity"/Micro economics" I would love you forever...

Have a test tomorrow.. well if it even matters. (I have my advising appointment on thursday and will pick whether or not to switch to kinesiology).
    Just set the curve on micro exam. Give me a call tomorrow or shoot me a text I would love to help
    Been playing with shafts and balls since '75.

Originally Posted by AlacrityH View Post
    Just trying to make sense of your wants out of a routine, wouldn't PHAT or PHUL hit your needs and give you a rest day or two along with it? I mean you can even go so far as to add one more day to PHAT of stuff you wanna do and still have 1 rest day a week.
    Thanks brother, I've looked at PHAT in the past. Meh. Just gonna probably do my proposed routine and incorporate a rest day.

If someone is inelastic, it means they cant respond to changes in price with their behavior (they can't stretch/bend-->"inelastic)
    So if the price for something jumps up, they still need to buy it so they have to pay the higher price.
    So demand stays the same.

If someone has an elastic demand it means they can alter their behavior (stretch/bend to the situation--> "elastic")
    So the demand for the product goes down.

Ex. Inelastic- The price of gas goes up (no public transportation options) but you still have to drive to work every day so you have to pay the higher price no matter what. Your demand for gas has not changed.

Elastic- The price of Cocoa puffs doubles. YOu really like them, but you are willing to accept alternative proudcts to fill their void. You stop buying cocoa puffs and start buying another cereal (CTC, cocoa krispies, reese's puffs, etc). Since your demand for the product was elastic, you could respond. Demand for cocoa puffs goes down in the market. Demand for the other three cereals goes up. As a result, the market will most likely respond by increasing supply of the other three cereals to feed the growing demand.
    as more people shift to the other cereals, eventually cocoa puffs will respond and drop their price.
    On spread. Just gotta figure out income elasticity.

95% chance I won't even be in this class in a week, but just incase.. going to own the test tomorrow.

Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    Just set the curve on micro exam. Give me a call tomorrow or shoot me a text I would love to help
    Thanks.

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Income elasticity is where a product is either a normal good or inferior good.

An increase in income = an increase in the consumption of normal goods.
    A decrease in income = an increase in consumption of inferior goods.

When income rises, you buy more normal goods because more money means more money to spend on nice things.
    -Normal goods are goods that are more "expensive" or high quality like buying a nice car for transportation.

When income falls, you buy more substitute products that are "inferior" to the higher quality "normal" goods.
    -Instead of buying a nice car ^^^^, when income drops you use more inferior goods, where in our transportation model, it would be bus travel.

In bb.com terms..
    You have an increase in income, thus you buy more Cellucor Whey which is a "normal good"
    But, if your income decreases (leaving you with less money to spend), you buy BodTech Whey, an "inferior good"

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BP + squats seem to have turned out well. Will now let econ 214 continue.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intentiion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Brb reading economics book between sets.

Income elasticity is where a product is either a normal good or inferior good.

An increase in income = an increase in the consumption of normal goods.
    A decrease in income = an increase in consumption of inferior goods.

When income rises, you buy more normal goods because more money means more money to spend on nice things.
    -Normal goods are goods that are more "expensive" or high quality like buying a nice car for transportation.

When income falls, you buy more substitute products that are "inferior" to the higher quality "normal" goods.
    -Instead of buying a nice car ^^^^, when income drops you use more inferior goods, where in our transportation model, it would be bus travel.

In bb.com terms..
    You have an increase in income, thus you buy more Cellucor Whey which is a "normal good"
    But, if your income decreases (leaving you with less money to spend), you buy BodTech Whey, an "inferior good"
    Thanks daniel. I appreciate you taking the time to type that out

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Only taking after you my man! Thanks for the 0.02$ like always.

Originally Posted by Intentiion View Post
    Brb reading economics book between sets.
    If I do end up changing my major.. I'm NEVER going to look at an econ book ever again.

In bb.com terms..
    For the record: I understood simply because ******** is such a shiity whey.

Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nitrogenase will become famous soon enough. (+50)

ocw?

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/economics...nd/elasticity/

opencourseware...

the greatest thing since youtube except better and more reputable for academics (and also how we instructors learn about materials we are supposed to teach but rarely use!)
    Sub 5'2" checking in.

Keeping the 90's alive one Beastie Boys song at a time.

Tattoos and gaged ears are my thing.

Body by forest science.

<3 my dog, my husband, my family, my forest <3

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *shrug*...alright, whatever you want to do, just offering some help. That dynamic warm up is still available as well if you ever want it.

Didn't mean for my post to come off the way you perceived it, nothing personal. Like I said in my PM, the internet sucks at conveying emotion so take it with a grain of salt.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you wanna do LPP repeat without scheduled rests that's OK, just make sure that you actually do rest. Minimum once a week, preferably twice a week.

And lol at you asking for econ help on bb.com

If you gotta draw a model, elastic products are more horizontal. Inelastic are more vertical.

Everything in my intermediate micro course is about budget constraints and derivatives right now -.-
    Training with Osteolysis and a gigantic ganglion cyst... One day I will surgery, but not today...

AsianBBCGenetics

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thought I would chime in before class quick on a couple topics that have been discussed lately.

1) The progress you have made the last few months has been awesome. You've blown up in regards to both size and strength.
    2) I feel like you (and many others in this thread) are way too quick to dismiss psychodiver's advice. Sure, he could phrase his posts differently, but I do agree that you should not be using a belt. You need to work on strengthening your core, not avoiding the problem. If you must use it, save it for your heavy sets.
    3) Depending on the exact career path you want to take, I would remain a business major. As a business major, you have SO many more opportunities for jobs down the road. Unless you plan on going to grad school, Kinesiology is pretty damn worthless in my opinion. If you want to be a personal trainer, you just have to get certified. Unless you want to be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, you don't even have to have a college degree at all. The degree that is required to become a CSCS does not even have to be in a related field.
    4) Congrats on the girl. As for the roommate situation, it will blow over. I probably would have handled things a bit differently if I knew he was into her, but I don't know all the details so I won't go there. However, at the end of the day she was obviously not into him so he needs to get over it.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    High frequency training has its pros and cons. I've been training everyday since my last meet (6 months) and should be adding over 100 pounds to my total (418/241/481 @181 to 450/290/550 @181) at my meet in 10 days. The only issue I've really had while training in this style is the fluctuations in strength. Strength is much less consistent than that of a 3 or 4 days a week training program.
    The other issue with training everyday is the increase of injury; I shouldn't have to explain this one. Since theres more frequent exposure to the potential injury, injuries are more frequent. That being sad bad form will at some point result in injury, but with training every day there are much more chances to be injured. I haven't suffered a injury, but its always a possibility.

I've found that there is one obvious pro to this style of training though. My proficiency technique wise has improved significantly; as should be expected since your doubling the amount of times the exercise is trained. Also, I've become much better handling heavier weight (specifically on squat). I think it has to be noted though that my workouts contain accessory exercises only prevalent to the big 3. I don't do exercises like cable crossovers, lat pulldowns, dumbell flies, tri pushdowns etc. For example, my squat day its typically a ton of back squats, some front squats, some ab work, done.

I think that it is certainly possible to train with this style (as I have), but you have to weigh the pros and cons to figure out if you want to carry this out.
    BS: 505 (sleeves)
    BN: 315
    DL: 605

February 12th, 2014

(almost valentines day! *Fist pump*)

Tunes

Pretty solid leg day, not going to lie. (a little pressed for time in between studying and I'm about to go pick up the girl to go out tonight)
    After I hit 225 for a double a few days ago, I figured it was best that I back things off and do some working sets of 5 today at a lower weight. Most likely going to stay this way until I feel ready to move up to a higher weight where I can keep form solid. From a general standpoint, I'm loving how much better I'm getting at with squats. Tried front squatting today for the first time in probably 6 months and of course my wrists were hurting like a mo-fo afterwards, but other than that I like them. I might end up switching them out for my back squats if I can get better at them. Kept the weight pretty light since it was my first time doing them in ages. Had a really scary moment when warming up for squats.. was doing some decline pushups and my delt/rotator cuff started flaring in pain, usually I don't have any issues with them/it but for some reason on the 23-24th rep it started shooting out in pain. Other than that, nothing really felt off today..

Increased weight on pretty much every other exercise, other than squats. Hit a 4 plate leg press for 7 reps (going completely down... inb4 knee comments).
    Lunges were KILLER but I suck at them and need to get better at them so I'm going to be including them more often... on leg days and on other days as well.

Other than that, everything else went pretty well. Going to rest up for tomorrow.

Have a big test in business law.
    And also meeting with my advisor to go over whether I'm going to switch majors or minor in kines.

Peace all.

Legs Fasted

Warmup
    25 decline push-ups
    Dynamic stretching

Squat
    Bar x 12
    135 x 12
    155 x 9
    185 x 6
    205 x 6 - PR
    215 x 0
    215 x 2

Front squat
    Bar x 12
    65 x 12
    95 x 8
    115 x 5

Leg press (not counting machine weight)
    90 x 12
    180 x 12
    230 x 12
    270 x 12
    360 (4 plates) x 7

Smith calf raises
    3 sets

DB SLDL (absolutely killer)
    30 x 12
    50 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 10
    80 x 8

Prone hamstring curls
    50 x 12
    60 x 12
    90 x 12
    105 x 10 - PR

Tilted calf raises
    45 x 12
    80 x 12
    105 x 12
    130 x 12

Leg extensions
    60 x 12
    90 x 12
    110 x 12
    150 x 8 - PR

---
    GPP

DB lunges (I hate these)
    20s x 12
    30s x 12
    40s x 12

Farmers walks with 45 plates
    1 minute x 4 sets

---
    Just wearing the white tee today, squatting never hurt so good.

Wheels

---
    Cardio (ride there and back)

---
    Food/Macros
    505 C / 52 F / 220P

Finally picked up the new quest bar flavor today! 9/10

Had half of it PWO with some oats. Not ever buying another quest bar again, but this is hands down the best flavor for sure.

Yuuum

Props on girl and valentines day coming up.. Anything special planned?
    -for push-ups, I think mike was telling bronzi this in his log, it is imperative to have full body tightness and intra abdominal pressure whilst keeping your scaps retracted (correct me if I am wrong mike) other wise it years on the RC pretty good.
    -for front squats, try a two fingered grip and keep your hands wide and then rip your elbows inward and upward trying to touch them together. This has helped me keep my upper back and core tight and it does not require ridiculous wrist mobility.
    - + 1 on lunges... IMO the GOAT leg builder ISO. They hurt so good.
    *fist bump* for scabs from deads. Quest Cookies and Cream is awesome can confirm.
    -

I lift like a girl ShelbyAlmaria's Avatar
    ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the name Erik is derived from the latin word for 'growing like a beast'

Christmas Day Vs. Today

hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why'd you say you're never buying quest bars again? just curious.
    Log

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Innocent man turned bear ITT
    Always learning, Always growing, Never satisfied

5 Rep Maxes(Last improvement 1/15/14):

Deads:365
    Bench:215
    Squat:275

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShelbyAlmaria View Post

Christmas Day Vs. Today

I love this.

Any reason you failed your first 215 squat attempt Erik? Also the dangerous part for your knees on the leg extension is having your legs straight, but in the bottom position. Nothing to worry about.

I can confirm with sonny that the 2/3 finger grip on front squats are GOAT.

Diggin the wheels. Quads have some great size as what I would expect from someone who rides like 35miles on a single session.
    Last edited by AlacrityH; 02-12-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Fates colliding. Love Undying.
    I rep all 5'5 and shorter on sight.

@ 150lbs BW
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 425
    OHP:165

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    I can confirm with D that the 2/3 finger grip on front squats are GOAT
    for the sake of non-confusion
    can we refer to him as daniel, sonny, or sonnyD
    most threads will recognize D as me

@erik
    unless you love bio, I wouldn't go into kines

Given your family business you could do management
    or
    given your mentioning of helping others in the past you could do pyschology/counseling
    or
    ever thinkng of going into teaching?
    Last edited by determined4000; 02-12-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Late night chipotle run with the girl. Chicken and rice bowl ftw

And picked this up, no more getting distracted during my sets.

Props on girl and valentines day coming up.. Anything special planned?

*fist bump* for scabs from deads. Quest Cookies and Cream is awesome can confirm.
    -
    Just the usual, chocolate, roses, card. Maybe movie *shrug*. So glad I don't have a job right now, haha. Free friday nights ftw.

Originally Posted by ShelbyAlmaria View Post

Christmas Day Vs. Today
    This made me smile.

Why'd you say you're never buying quest bars again? just curious.
    3$ a bar? You fuggin kidding me? Way over hyped imo.

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    Innocent man turned bear ITT
    You're the one with the beastlyness sir.

I love this.

Any reason you failed your first 215 squat attempt Erik? Also the dangerous part for your knees on the leg extension is having your legs straight, but in the bottom position. Nothing to worry about.

I can confirm with D that the 2/3 finger grip on front squats are GOAT.

Diggin the wheels. Quads have some great size as what I would expect from someone who rides like 35miles on a single session.
    Haha I wish I could still ride 35. Will probably work back to it eventually, but I'm loving lifting atm.

Reason I failed as mainly because I went ATG (or close) and my angus wasn't peppered. Haha.

for the sake of non-confusion
    can we refer to him as daniel, sonny, or sonnyD
    most threads will recognize D as me
    ^ Agree

yeah, never bought them. i don't buy any supplements lol they're a rip off

3$ a bar how the fuk can they justify that???
    Log

Totally forgot to respond guys, my bad.

Originally Posted by Nitrogenase View Post
    http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/economics...nd/elasticity/

opencourseware...

the greatest thing since youtube except better and more reputable for academics (and also how we instructors learn about materials we are supposed to teach but rarely use!)
    Thanks for the post! Got a 9/12.. pretty mediocre, but I'm glad I passed.

Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    *shrug*...alright, whatever you want to do, just offering some help. That dynamic warm up is still available as well if you ever want it.

Didn't mean for my post to come off the way you perceived it, nothing personal. Like I said in my PM, the internet sucks at conveying emotion so take it with a grain of salt.
    Didn't mean for your post to come off the way I perceived it?

"I know you're young and you feel invincible"

"I know that you think you can go 100% all the time and the rules of training don't apply to you"

^ If you don't want to come off as a jerk, or anything close to that. Then don't say/assume things like that, I don't care if you're posting over the internet, texting, or talking to someone face to face. As far as I'm concerned, that's a pretty negative/condescending way to speak to someone.

Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    If you wanna do LPP repeat without scheduled rests that's OK, just make sure that you actually do rest. Minimum once a week, preferably twice a week.

And lol at you asking for econ help on bb.com

If you gotta draw a model, elastic products are more horizontal. Inelastic are more vertical.

Everything in my intermediate micro course is about budget constraints and derivatives right now -.-
    Probably going to take one rest day per week, thinking more about it.

Originally Posted by Scooter4 View Post
    Thought I would chime in before class quick on a couple topics that have been discussed lately.

1) The progress you have made the last few months has been awesome. You've blown up in regards to both size and strength.
    2) I feel like you (and many others in this thread) are way too quick to dismiss psychodiver's advice. Sure, he could phrase his posts differently, but I do agree that you should not be using a belt. You need to work on strengthening your core, not avoiding the problem. If you must use it, save it for your heavy sets.
    3) Depending on the exact career path you want to take, I would remain a business major. As a business major, you have SO many more opportunities for jobs down the road. Unless you plan on going to grad school, Kinesiology is pretty damn worthless in my opinion. If you want to be a personal trainer, you just have to get certified. Unless you want to be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, you don't even have to have a college degree at all. The degree that is required to become a CSCS does not even have to be in a related field.
    4) Congrats on the girl. As for the roommate situation, it will blow over. I probably would have handled things a bit differently if I knew he was into her, but I don't know all the details so I won't go there. However, at the end of the day she was obviously not into him so he needs to get over it.
    Good to see you still following along in my "journey" scott. Hope things are well for you, brother.
    1. Just doing as much as I can, applying what I've been taught and doing the "hard things" that I neglected/was too afraid to do for the past 5 years. Finally starting to see some minor progress.
    2. He's been negative and condescending to me and towards countless others for the entire time that he's been on these boards. I really have no respect for someone who taunts someone with an ED and tells someone that they will never recover.
    3. I don't really know why people automatically think I want to be a PT to be honest. I honestly don't think being a PT would be the way to go about it, PT's work long hours and aren't satisfied with the job. I want to do something that I enjoy, and business isn't it. It's not really about having a job with making tons of $$$ to me anymore.
    4. Thanks buddy.
    Originally Posted by cjowns76 View Post
    High frequency training has its pros and cons. I've been training everyday since my last meet (6 months) and should be adding over 100 pounds to my total (418/241/481 @181 to 450/290/550 @181) at my meet in 10 days. The only issue I've really had while training in this style is the fluctuations in strength. Strength is much less consistent than that of a 3 or 4 days a week training program.
    The other issue with training everyday is the increase of injury; I shouldn't have to explain this one. Since theres more frequent exposure to the potential injury, injuries are more frequent. That being sad bad form will at some point result in injury, but with training every day there are much more chances to be injured. I haven't suffered a injury, but its always a possibility.

I've found that there is one obvious pro to this style of training though. My proficiency technique wise has improved significantly; as should be expected since your doubling the amount of times the exercise is trained. Also, I've become much better handling heavier weight (specifically on squat). I think it has to be noted though that my workouts contain accessory exercises only prevalent to the big 3. I don't do exercises like cable crossovers, lat pulldowns, dumbell flies, tri pushdowns etc. For example, my squat day its typically a ton of back squats, some front squats, some ab work, done.

I think that it is certainly possible to train with this style (as I have), but you have to weigh the pros and cons to figure out if you want to carry this out.
    Glad to see you still following along here man, remember you from the first page of this thread when it all started.

Reps. (and thank you for the 0.02$)

@erik
    unless you love bio, I wouldn't go into kines

Given your family business you could do management
    or
    given your mentioning of helping others in the past you could do pyschology/counseling
    or
    ever thinkng of going into teaching?
    It's bio AND anatomy from my understanding? I have to make a decision tonight because I see my advisor tomorrow. Honestly, it's coming down to whatever course/major isn't going to require me completely switching my class schedule at this point.

Basically...
    If all of my past 2 semesters of taking econ, psych, arts classes/etc is going to mean NOTHING if I switch to kines.. compared to switching to PSYCH... (which these classes would actually mean something...) I'm going to do psych.

But at the end of the day, if I could minor in kines and major in business. I will do that. BUT I HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION

Closed Thread
Page 123 of 335 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast