bryannarose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lose belly fat in 8 weeks...is it possible?

Hello Everyone,

I need some advice, I am going on vacation in 8 weeks and I would really like to lose weight before I go, which is in 8 weeks.
    I will give you a quick run down about myself, Im a 21 year old female and I have been struggling with stomach fat for about 6 years. I am 5'9 and 160 and about 27% body fat, My problem is I have no weight to lose in my arms, nor my legs, just toning in those areas, I carry most of my weight in my stomach, and "love handles". I am very unproportionate, It drives me nuts!

so here is what i have been doing the last week:
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday- 40 min of strength training and 30 min of cardio
    Tuesday and Thursday- 40 min of high intensity cardio

I eat pretty well, I could eat better of course, but I have noticed that food has never been the reason for weight gain/weight lose. I have been about the same weight for years no matter how good/bad I eat.
    Not saying that is my excuse to eat badly lol
    Im trying to drink more water, I drink about 6 glasses a day.
    and I have a protein shake after every workout.

So basically, any advice would be awesome, I would really like to know if what i am trying to achieve is possible and what I should be doing differently.
    More cardio? or 30 min of cardio twice a day? eating habits? really anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

EBentleyRN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not actually going to lose it unless you lose it all over. The simple answer is eat fewer calories than you expend. But you may also have some bloat. Reduce the water weight by drinking plenty of fluids and lowering your carbs and processed foods. It will come back on vacation if you start eating it again though.

I really got a better handle on it when I started weighing all of my food and tracking it.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EBentleyRN View Post
    You're not actually going to lose it unless you lose it all over. The simple answer is eat fewer calories than you expend. But you may also have some bloat. Reduce the water weight by drinking plenty of fluids and lowering your carbs and processed foods. It will come back on vacation if you start eating it again though.

I really got a better handle on it when I started weighing all of my food and tracking it.
    I second this. Begin tracking your calories - you have to eat at a deficit to lose fat. Measure everything.
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

bryannarose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.
    I am aware I can not target a certain area, but I honestly have nothing to lose anywhere but my stomach, so I know that is where I will see the majority of my results.

I will start tracking what I eat as of tomorrow and increasing my water intake.

I don't think my problem is over eating.
    I am a full time student and mother and I rarely get hungry during the day.
    I eat breakfast every morning, but then usually won't eat until supper, which I know is horrible and this past week I have been trying to eat small snacks every few hours.

surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you rarely get hungry your problem could also be under eating. If you don't consume enough calories, or enough of the right calories your body can basically shut down from losing weight because its trying to hold on to every calorie it can. It has happened to me a couple of times. I cut my calories below 1200 and didn't lose a thing. Something to be mindful of when tracking calories.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're eating too much and carry more fat around your midsection so it will be the last to go. It really is that simple, so it's time to start properly tracking your calories. Just stay on plan as best you can - don't worry about an 8 week crash fat loss - you're not going to reverse 6 years of a problem area in 8 weeks.

katdav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i lost a lot of belly bloat when i did a 100% clean/no cheating nutrition plan for 30 days. No alcohol, no sweets, no starchy/refined carbs, no cheese. I also ate within my budget. If you did it for 8 weeks your stomach would look a lot better. And it has to be 100%....no cheat days/meals or just this once... Of course it will come back if u go crazy while u r on vac!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    You're eating too much and carry more fat around your midsection so it will be the last to go. It really is that simple, so it's time to start properly tracking your calories. Just stay on plan as best you can - don't worry about an 8 week crash fat loss - you're not going to reverse 6 years of a problem area in 8 weeks.
    Agreed.^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by surfgirl87 View Post
    If you rarely get hungry your problem could also be under eating. If you don't consume enough calories, or enough of the right calories your body can basically shut down from losing weight because its trying to hold on to every calorie it can. It has happened to me a couple of times. I cut my calories below 1200 and didn't lose a thing. Something to be mindful of when tracking calories.
    That's a big myth. If a person isn't losing weight, they are not in a deficit. It's pretty easy to eat over maintenance in one or two meals, especially if you aren't counting calories.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bryannarose View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I need some advice, I am going on vacation in 8 weeks and I would really like to lose weight before I go, which is in 8 weeks.
    I will give you a quick run down about myself, Im a 21 year old female and I have been struggling with stomach fat for about 6 years. I am 5'9 and 160 and about 27% body fat, My problem is I have no weight to lose in my arms, nor my legs, just toning in those areas, I carry most of my weight in my stomach, and "love handles". I am very unproportionate, It drives me nuts!

so here is what i have been doing the last week:
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday- 40 min of strength training and 30 min of cardio
    Tuesday and Thursday- 40 min of high intensity cardio

I eat pretty well, I could eat better of course, but I have noticed that food has never been the reason for weight gain/weight lose. I have been about the same weight for years no matter how good/bad I eat.
    Not saying that is my excuse to eat badly lol
    Im trying to drink more water, I drink about 6 glasses a day.
    and I have a protein shake after every workout.

So basically, any advice would be awesome, I would really like to know if what i am trying to achieve is possible and what I should be doing differently.
    More cardio? or 30 min of cardio twice a day? eating habits? really anything would be appreciated.

Thanks
    so much is wrong with this.

1. It is possible to lose some belly fat in a day..........how much is your goal for 8 weeks? And regardless the answer is probably yes.......the qualifer is how much are your willing to suffer for it and how much muscle you want to have left over afterwards.
    2.your " I have noticed the food has never been the reason for weight gain/lose. " Is likely the least correct thing I have seen on this site.............ever.....by far.
    3. 6 glasses a day is not close........try a gallon.
    4. Cut calories until your body is in a deficit........count them. If you aren't giving your body a calorie deficit you do cardio til the cows come home.

also cut out things that cause bloat and you could see a big difference

bloaters (things that make you retain water) include
    salt
    carbs
    diary for some people
    Stress/lack of sleep

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by katdav View Post
    i lost a lot of belly bloat when i did a 100% clean/no cheating nutrition plan for 30 days. No alcohol, no sweets, no starchy/refined carbs, no cheese. I also ate within my budget. If you did it for 8 weeks your stomach would look a lot better. And it has to be 100%....no cheat days/meals or just this once... Of course it will come back if u go crazy while u r on vac!
    so cut out numerous foods that cause bloat and your stomach looked better. Seems right to me.

Cal deficit you likely had would alos have likely helped.