littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face First Bikini Competition (Hercules Olympia) 2 weeks out - Help! :)

Hello!!

I am competing in my first bikini comp in 2 weeks time (EEEEEEEKKKK) and just wondering on any tips or advice for the next 2 weeks?! I have cut all protein powders now and sticking to real foods! Will keep chicken/turkey in this week and then next week (the final week) I'm thinking about just white fish and spinach to eat. Does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge on this??

I am wondering about things like green beans/courgettes/pak choi/brocolli/mushrooms...are these allowed this week or next?

Anybody have any ideas about cinnamon with my egg whites? Or almond butter? Avocado? (not with the egg whites but as a fat source ).

It's so confusing!!! I am 5ft and I weigh 114lbs at the moment - would like to lean out a little more!! But I know I don't have too much time! I am currently on about 1150 cals a day - Have slowly cut this down week by week for the prep! I am currently doing fasted low intensity morning cardio (45-60mins) 6 days a week and then my weight training and 15 mins intervals in the afternoon 4 days a week. 3 days a week I squeeze in another 30 min low intensity cardio session in the evening. (If anybody has any suggestions for the last 2 weeks of training I would be so grateful!! At the moment it is very high rep and low weight - no more heavy weights now!). My diet is about 55% protein, 35% fats and 10% carbs now.

I just I have coached myself the whole time.....as I'm studying personal training at uni. Also doing my own research into bikini training/diets. Just really doing my first comp as a learning experience and a test of self motivation/determination and strength so not expecting miracles obviously!

I've attached a photo! I know that I am not perfect or in PERFECT bikini competition but have worked my ass off! I have lost a total of 3stone and 7lbs (49lbs) and have come a long way and I don't mind if I place DEAD last....I will just be happy if the judges don't send me home haha

ANYTHING - any input will be much appreciated!!!
    Attached Images
    Ain't nothin' to it but to do it! ;)

And though she be but little, she is FIERCE - Shakespeare.

Sometimes you don't know how strong you are until strong is all you have left.

sidogg91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by littlefitness View Post
    Hello!!

I am competing in my first bikini comp in 2 weeks time (EEEEEEEKKKK) and just wondering on any tips or advice for the next 2 weeks?! I have cut all protein powders now and sticking to real foods! Will keep chicken/turkey in this week and then next week (the final week) I'm thinking about just white fish and spinach to eat. Does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge on this??

I am wondering about things like green beans/courgettes/pak choi/brocolli/mushrooms...are these allowed this week or next?

Anybody have any ideas about cinnamon with my egg whites? Or almond butter? Avocado? (not with the egg whites but as a fat source ).

It's so confusing!!! I am 5ft and I weigh 114lbs at the moment - would like to lean out a little more!! But I know I don't have too much time! I am currently on about 1150 cals a day - Have slowly cut this down week by week for the prep! I am currently doing fasted low intensity morning cardio (45-60mins) 6 days a week and then my weight training and 15 mins intervals in the afternoon 4 days a week. 3 days a week I squeeze in another 30 min low intensity cardio session in the evening. (If anybody has any suggestions for the last 2 weeks of training I would be so grateful!! At the moment it is very high rep and low weight - no more heavy weights now!). My diet is about 55% protein, 35% fats and 10% carbs now.

I just I have coached myself the whole time.....as I'm studying personal training at uni. Also doing my own research into bikini training/diets. Just really doing my first comp as a learning experience and a test of self motivation/determination and strength so not expecting miracles obviously!

I've attached a photo! I know that I am not perfect or in PERFECT bikini competition but have worked my ass off! I have lost a total of 3stone and 7lbs (49lbs) and have come a long way and I don't mind if I place DEAD last....I will just be happy if the judges don't send me home haha

ANYTHING - any input will be much appreciated!!!
    Good Luck! ill be there spectacting.
    THE PUMP!!!!

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    WAY too much cardio (also the wrong kind of cardio in my opinion) and not enough carbs in your diet. There isn't much you can do to adjust that now, but for next time, I'd start out with significantly less cardio, zero fasted cardio (rely on HIIT more), and much higher carbs.

Protein powder is fine leading into a show...so are all the veggies you listed. So is cinnamon, almond butter, and avocado. There are no magical foods that you should eat leading into a show, so switching from chicken to fish isn't going to matter. It's more important to hit your macros consistently.

You look great and I think you will do well at your show (you've got "the look" for bikini), but I wouldn't be surprised if you've run your metabolism into the ground. Layne Norton has made a couple of good videos on metabolic damage and metabolic capacity...you should check them out.

Last edited by red_cat; 04-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.

JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look great littelfitness and have really nice potential to do very well. Dont go crzy with diet changes....EASY on the added stuff like mushrooms
    Follow me on Instagram at ladsonj

littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    WAY too much cardio (also the wrong kind of cardio in my opinion) and not enough carbs in your diet. There isn't much you can do to adjust that now, but for next time, I'd start out with significantly less cardio, zero fasted cardio (rely on HIIT more), and much higher carbs.

Protein powder is fine leading into a show...so are all the veggies you listed. So is cinnamon, almond butter, and avocado. There are no magical foods that you should eat leading into a show, so switching from chicken to fish isn't going to matter. It's more important to hit your macros consistently.

You look great and I think you will do well at your show (you've got "the look" for bikini), but I wouldn't be surprised if you've run your metabolism into the ground. Layne Norton has made a couple of good videos on metabolic damage and metabolic capacity...you should check them out.

Thank you! Yeah, I am kind of gutted as I have read up about metabolic damage and was taking tips the whole time from my friend who competes and only now just kind of realised that this is going to damage my metabolism!!!!!! But she was really the only source of info I had and I will just have to learn for next time I have been keeping in a HIGH carb/calorie day as a bit of a refeed and hopefully a metabolic boost, but I wish I had had more info earlier and would of done a lot different......ah well, next time yes! I would LOVE to keep in protein powders....so I may keep them?! I just heard from a few girls I know who compete to cut them and eat real food, but who knows - there are so many different approaches...very confusing!!!

I hope that my metabolism can be fixed afterwards... I am going to slowly up calories and decrease cardio and bring in more intervals. I would like to compete again and really would like to stay in great shape

Thanks so much xxxxxxxxx

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you! Yeah, I am kind of gutted as I have read up about metabolic damage and was taking tips the whole time from my friend who competes and only now just kind of realised that this is going to damage my metabolism!!!!!! But she was really the only source of info I had and I will just have to learn for next time I have been keeping in a HIGH carb/calorie day as a bit of a refeed and hopefully a metabolic boost, but I wish I had had more info earlier and would of done a lot different......ah well, next time yes! I would LOVE to keep in protein powders....so I may keep them?! I just heard from a few girls I know who compete to cut them and eat real food, but who knows - there are so many different approaches...very confusing!!!

I hope that my metabolism can be fixed afterwards... I am going to slowly up calories and decrease cardio and bring in more intervals. I would like to compete again and really would like to stay in great shape

Thanks so much xxxxxxxxx
    I don't think there's anything wrong with protein powders leading into a show. The fear of protein powders for most competitors comes from two things: #1 - They cut out any and all dairy "because you retain water if you eat dairy." #2 - They worry that artificial sweeteners will make you retain water. Lots of people cut out diet soda for the same reason. While both of those may be true to an extent, they are grossly exaggerated for most people. The bottom line is this: if you've looked good while drinking protein shakes this far, why take them out now? I wouldn't go overboard with them, but a shake a day isn't going to hurt you.

Glad to hear you've been doing refeeds. How often do you do them and what are your macros compared to a normal day?

It's good that you've been doing research into the proper way to do things and rehabilitating your metabolism. I know you want to compete again, and you definitely should because you've got some real potential, but I'd caution against competing again too soon. Make sure you give your body the time it needs to recover. Personally, I took almost 2 years between shows this time around as my metabolism was shot after my last show and I wanted to take a little time to grow after it got back on track.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is no need to change your diet if what you are doing is working. Continue to use protein powder, supplements and anything you have been using as your body has adapted.

Work hard all the way through the show. If you have all these concerns considering working with a coach with a good reputation because they really take away alot of the stress from the mental side of the sport.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    There is no need to change your diet if what you are doing is working. Continue to use protein powder, supplements and anything you have been using as your body has adapted.

Work hard all the way through the show. If you have all these concerns considering working with a coach with a good reputation because they really take away alot of the stress from the mental side of the sport.
    I have to agree. Messing with your diet can be a little risky when you are getting close to a show. Maintain what you have been doing and if it has been working it should continue to work.

As far as a coach goes, I have been debating that one myself just because I have heard it helps, however, I am not sure what I would really need help with.

Yeah that is true. I haven't had any problems with my Whey or Casein and I have such a sweet tooth they are the only thing that keeps me going sometimes haha! I have a refeed friday night and saturday morning with 125-150g of carbs each meal. This is something given to me by a trainer who I worked out with for 3 weeks over easter. So I carb up - lots of sweet potato with chicken and veggies for the friday night and then oats or sweet potato pancakes and banana for the morning. My macros would be about 45-50% carbs, 30-35% protein and 20% fats. I always NEED this refeed by the end of the week as I can almost FEEL that my glycogen stores are depleted and I start to lose focus/intensity on my friday workout.

After this show is finished I am not going to lie - I am going to have a BIG cheat meal and a night out!!!! After not drinking/cheating for 9 weeks (I know that might not be that long for some haha). But then after all that is done, I will take a week off training bug back to good, normal food and slowly bring back in calories. Then go back to training but obviously not so crazy! 4-5 times a week and yep, definitely going to leave it a year before competing again. But I have struggled with my weight and shape my whole life and the thought of getting out of shape after all my hard work really would upset me! I KNOW I am going to gain weight post show - but I really don't want to put on massive amounts of fat It is a scary thought!

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with protein powders leading into a show. The fear of protein powders for most competitors comes from two things: #1 - They cut out any and all dairy "because you retain water if you eat dairy." #2 - They worry that artificial sweeteners will make you retain water. Lots of people cut out diet soda for the same reason. While both of those may be true to an extent, they are grossly exaggerated for most people. The bottom line is this: if you've looked good while drinking protein shakes this far, why take them out now? I wouldn't go overboard with them, but a shake a day isn't going to hurt you.

Glad to hear you've been doing refeeds. How often do you do them and what are your macros compared to a normal day?

It's good that you've been doing research into the proper way to do things and rehabilitating your metabolism. I know you want to compete again, and you definitely should because you've got some real potential, but I'd caution against competing again too soon. Make sure you give your body the time it needs to recover. Personally, I took almost 2 years between shows this time around as my metabolism was shot after my last show and I wanted to take a little time to grow after it got back on track.

But I have struggled with my weight and shape my whole life and the thought of getting out of shape after all my hard work really would upset me! I KNOW I am going to gain weight post show - but I really don't want to put on massive amounts of fat It is a scary thought!
    The best thing you can do to avoid this is to NOT go crazy after your show. Everybody goes out to dinner after the show and that's fine. Have a burger. Have some pizza or cheesecake (Mmmmmmmm.......cheesecake...). Eat something you've been craving the entire time you've been dieting...but let that be enough. The horror stories you hear about post-contest binging and people gaining lots of fat is because they lose their self-control and: a) eat so much the night after their show that they get sick, b) pig out for several days on end, or c) both a and b.

Keep sight of your long term physique goals once the show ends. Hit the gym two or three of times the week after your show to get the blood moving and break a good sweat and keep your diet respectable. If you do that, you probably won't put on much weight after your show (if any at all).