red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)

Epsom Salt Bath = VEINS!!!!

Curious if anyone else has noticed this when they take hot epsom salt baths. I get out of the tub and have veins popping out everywhere. Tonight I had veins in my arms, delts, quads, chest...even my abs (a major WTF!?! moment).

Is there a way I could potentially use this to my advantage for my shows? Obviously I can't just take an epsom salt bath after I get my Dream Tan slapped on.

Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Curious if anyone else has noticed this when they take hot epsom salt baths. I get out of the tub and have veins popping out everywhere. Tonight I had veins in my arms, delts, quads, chest...even my abs (a major WTF!?! moment).

Is there a way I could potentially use this to my advantage for my shows? Obviously I can't just take an epsom salt bath after I get my Dream Tan slapped on.
    Funny I just took one tonight also, and im veiny. It usually happens for me, and I hear many peeps do it for contest prep to relax em.
    Obese until 19, anorexic/bad lifting 19 1/2-21 1/2, proper nutrition/lifting 21 1/2-now
    April 2013 competed in NPC Natural Indiana placing 4th in Bantam Weight Class Mens Open Bodybuilding.
    Logging Glyco-Energy- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153436441&p=1058955631#post1058955631
    Competition Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153643291

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post

I get insane vascularity if I jump in the tanning bed and when I come out BAM!!! Once my feet hit the cold floor though it pretty much all goes into hiding, which is pretty annoying. Here is a good post I saw from Joe Franco who is an IFPA Pro, Promoter, and recently judged at the DFAC show in NJ.

"Lots of questions on vascularity.
    Yes, its a sign of getting leaner.
    Yes, its partly genetic and the more muscle you have the greater vascularity will occur.
    Some have more surface veins, but that doesnt mean they are necessarily leaner or a better bodybuilder.
    When lean, you need to be hydrated and filled with carbs to make them come out, but the actual room temp can reflect this along with getting a pump.
    No, don't panic if you can't keep it on the day of a show while on stage.
    And coming from a judges view, a lot of it can't be seen from the table.."

Souljourn116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this post is a couple months old, but I have a show this Saturday and I just wanna know: 1. How much salt should you use and 2. How long does the vascularity effect last? Thanks

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Couldn't just the fact that the Hot water do it. Relaxing blood vessels

Who knows the salt may have an effect, but after a hot shower or a few mins in the hot tub, vascularity increases big time for me
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Souljourn116 View Post
    I know this post is a couple months old, but I have a show this Saturday and I just wanna know: 1. How much salt should you use and 2. How long does the vascularity effect last? Thanks
    I never said I actually did anything with epsom salt before a show. I was asking the question of whether it could be useful prior to a show. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're lean enough then your veins will show. The effect of an epsom salt bath only last for a couple of hours for me. Then it's right back to normal.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    Couldn't just the fact that the Hot water do it. Relaxing blood vessels

Who knows the salt may have an effect, but after a hot shower or a few mins in the hot tub, vascularity increases big time for me
    This^^^^ It's the heat....I regularly use epson salts and see no different effect than just a plain hot water soak. The tanning bed or sun exposure also creates insane vascularity. Pre stage just make sure you stay warm or use the old hairdryer trick!!! I did a contest many years ago where the backstage area and the actual stage were in two different buildings and they staged use in line outside in the sun. Most vascular I have ever been onstage....!!!!
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador