dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

how often you change YOUR macros?

How often, on a cut (i guess it may even apply for a bulk), do you guys change your macros?

i've lost 15lbs so far with the macros i have and to me, it seems like a good time to readjust.

i'm sure it would be too meticulous and tedious to do every 5lbs but just curious as to the general bb.com world what you guys do

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whenever you feel like you need to up/lower calories depending on goals
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50) senoner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only adjust when you stop seeing results on your current macros. You've lost 15 lbs and if you are still losing then no need to adjust. Once you stop losing, say you havent lost weight in 3 or so weeks then that is when you should adjust.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Related question (if OP doesn't mind): Reading through the macro sticky again using Katch-McArdle, it seems that the more LBM you have (ie. reducing BF%), the more calories you need. However, if I'm dropping weight, it would make sense that I'd need less. Do you mind helping me work through this?

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Er, I change my macros on a day-to-day basis.

What I mean is that my total calories stays the same, but my protein, fat, and carbs fluctuate.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    it seems that the more LBM you have (ie. reducing BF%), the more calories you need. However, if I'm dropping weight, it would make sense that I'd need less. Do you mind helping me work through this?
    When you are reducing body fat %, you try to maintain your lean body mass by eating at a small surplus. So although your lean body mass % might increase (due to reduced fat), the actual amount of lean body mass you have should stay the same (or as similar as possible). Therefore you need less calories due to reduced body fat %.

BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonRamsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you are losing weight (or gaining weight) at the rate that you want, I see no reason to change your macros. If you are still cutting and you go a week without losing any weight, maybe you can cut another 50 or 100 calories, but if your current diet is working I would just stick with it.

racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    As the others mentioned, I've found it easiest to just follow the weight trend. It's often much harder to lose at the slower ~ 1 pound/week recommended rate then to just drop it quick for those of us OCD folks (like myself), but it can be done with consistant monitoring of your weight over time. If it slows up, just throttle back a bit on your calories and follow the response. Good luck!

dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Every day. Stopped mixing foods together proteins/carbs and started eat for my digestive system and overall health and everything worked it self out. Mix veggies and proteins, Veggies and starches, fruit by itself and give everything the proper amount of time to digest. Has lead me to learn about new foods and actually listening to my body verses just thinking everything as a numbers game. Everyone doesn't digest the same and pull nutrients from food the same. See what works for you and experiment. I suggest looking into food combining charts verses obsessing over macros. Trying to fit a certain amount of carbs/prot into a day can often cause more harm then good.

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Er, I change my macros on a day-to-day basis.

What I mean is that my total calories stays the same, but my protein, fat, and carbs fluctuate.
    Same.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I change them (overall) based on my current goal and how I'm feeling.

I don't hit my macro goals precisely each day, however. I try to get calories and protein close, then carbs and fats fluctuate based on what I'm in the mood to eat that day.

MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with everyone else as far as basing your decision to change it up on what your goals are and if you start plateauing on your weight. I usually try to maintain my caloric intake and focus on meeting my protein macro, then getting at least close to my carb and fat macros. I have recently changed my caloric intake/macros in the last 2 weeks because of some new goals, and so far I've still been seeing results. Good luck OP!
    “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Instagram: J_B00G13 (00=zerozero)
    Kik: MrJBoogie

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Related question (if OP doesn't mind): Reading through the macro sticky again using Katch-McArdle, it seems that the more LBM you have (ie. reducing BF%), the more calories you need. However, if I'm dropping weight, it would make sense that I'd need less. Do you mind helping me work through this?
    sorry, since i'm not well versed, i'd rather not answer your question - i'm sure there may be answers throughout the forum tho!

reps all around on rc!

GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GLGR2903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just change them when you hit a stuck patch - same weight for 2-3 weeks lower your cals by 100-200 or keep the same Macros and increase your cardio slightly if you feel tire on less food
    75% Diet 35% Training - Always Give 110%

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll take this.

You are not gaining LBM while in a deficit, especially as a female. Your muscles may fill with glycogen, and as you lose fat you may look more muscular, but you won't gain any measurable amount of LBM until you bulk. I would not adjust macros until then (or unless you stop losing for at least 3 weeks).

If you want I can pm you photos of how I looked when I lost 125lbs and started lifting, and then the HUGE difference in how I looked when I finally bulked.

eta: But don't get discouraged on your cut - you're doing it right and will retain most of the LBM you have now by keeping protein up and lifting.

aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    When you are reducing body fat %, you try to maintain your lean body mass by eating at a small surplus. So although your lean body mass % might increase (due to reduced fat), the actual amount of lean body mass you have should stay the same (or as similar as possible). Therefore you need less calories due to reduced body fat %.
    The bold portion doesn't make sense. Did you mean to say that one can maintain lean body mass while reducing body fat by eating extra protein in the context of an overall caloric deficit?

I second what lovingit said.

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    I'll take this.

You are not gaining LBM while in a deficit, especially as a female. Your muscles may fill with glycogen, and as you lose fat you may look more muscular, but you won't gain any measurable amount of LBM until you bulk. I would not adjust macros until then (or unless you stop losing for at least 3 weeks).

If you want I can pm you photos of how I looked when I lost 125lbs and started lifting, and then the HUGE difference in how I looked when I finally bulked.

eta: But don't get discouraged on your cut - you're doing it right and will retain most of the LBM you have now by keeping protein up and lifting.
    "The battle is won in the kitchen. The war is won on the toilet." -Alan Aragon

"I never fcked a 10, but one night I fcked five 2's and I think that should count." -George Carlin

"Fat is the vector by which flavor travels." -my girlfriend

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll take this.

So if my BF% is going down, it's strictly because I'm losing weight? This makes so much sense that it's almost embarrassing, LOL! Thank you so much!

And thanks for the encouragement. <3

So if my BF% is going down, it's strictly because I'm losing weight?
    I would feel comfortable saying yes, at this point since you are in a deficit. And when you bulk, you can gain weight and decrease bf% at the same time (due to increased LBM). Only thing is that females gain LBM so slowly - about half the rate at which our male counterparts do and that is only if our nutrition and training are spot on, training being very important, IMO.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I change them (overall) based on my current goal and how I'm feeling.

I don't hit my macro goals precisely each day, however. I try to get calories and protein close, then carbs and fats fluctuate based on what I'm in the mood to eat that day.
    ^^^

I would feel comfortable saying yes, at this point since you are in a deficit. And when you bulk, you can gain weight and decrease bf% at the same time (due to increased LBM). Only thing is that females gain LBM so slowly - about half the rate at which our male counterparts do and that is only if our nutrition and training are spot on, training being very important, IMO.
    Any recommendations on a training plan? I'm currently following Jamie Eason's LFT (albeit, very loosely).