sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How does anyone count macros and has time to maintain variety?

I've noticed for me to hit my exact macros to perfection I only really have the time in the day to do it if I am eating only the typical bro foods. Why? because it's about 10000 times faster to count macros from

>whey protein (protein)
    >chicken breast (protein)
    >broccoli (micros/fiber)
    >brown rice (carbs/fiber)
    >unprocessed bran (fiber)
    >olive oil (fats)

vs working out 50-100 different foods I'll eat during the week.

It seems I can only effectively count protein and my total calories while maintaining variety in the diet. How on earth do people actually have vairety in their diet while hitting their macros to the T? If I use variety in the diet my carbs & fats end up being completely random all over the place every day.

I am considering going to brofoods just so I can see the effect of eating the same exact carbs/fat everyday has on my body...and so I can easily make changes like increasing carbs by 10-20g per week while reverse dieting. Theres no way I could properly reverse diet while eating variety...unless I spent 1-2 hours a day working out my macros.

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    • You don't have to hit macros "perfectly". Ballpark is good enough, as long as you're averaging out over days.
    • Phone apps and tracking sites make variety a pretty simple task -- it's already in their database. Look it up, plug it in.
    • Reverse Dieting should be even simpler, not harder -- you've got add'l cals to play with, to meet a P/F minimum that likely hasn't changed, or only a minor change.
    • With more variety, you have a much better chance of hitting required micro minimums, as well.
    • Eleventy-odd servings of Brown Rice gets pretty old, pretty quick -- even in my hippie commune, bro'

sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sadkent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    • You don't have to hit macros "perfectly".
    • Phone apps and tracking sites make variety a pretty simple task -- it's already in their database.
    • Reverse Dieting should be even simpler, not harder -- you've got add'l cals to play with, to meet a P/F minimum that likely hasn't changed, or only a minor change.
    • With more variety, you have a much better chance of hitting required micro minimums, as well.
    • Eleventy-odd servings of Brown Rice gets pretty old, pretty quick -- even in my hippie commune, bro'
    Well the thing is right now all I am count is

1) Protein
    3) Fiber
    2) Total calories

So that means my carbs & fats are all over the place and completely random...I just pick variety of foods that fit into my macros, but today for example all Ive had is 190g of carbs because I had more fats/protein than usual.

I want to hit 300g carbs exactly, everyday. Know what im saying?

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sadkent View Post
    I want to hit 300g carbs exactly, everyday. Know what im saying?
    What is essential about hitting that ^ exact number of a non-essential nutrient?

redAnt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're making it harder than it needs to be. Plug in your foods into an app (myfitnesspal for example) and see what you need more of towards the end of the day or less of the next day. If you have a few foods that you tend to always have it's easy to track the random foods around that.

Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    What is essential about hitting that ^ exact number of a non-essential nutrient?
    Because I want to have the same exact type of nutrients going into my body on a daily basis.

I want to keep my protein/fat the same everyday, while increasing/decreasing my carbs at will.

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Because I want to have the same exact type of nutrients going into my body on a daily basis.

I want to keep my protein/fat the same everyday, while increasing/decreasing my carbs at will.
    then you are just way too anal retentive.

You realize you aren't putting in the same nutrients no matter what you do. most nutrition is rounded. Even servings may not be exactly the same (e.g. some chicken will have more fat).

Why would you want to hit 300g of carbs if you clearly enjoy the 190g carbs with more protein/fat.
    (unless you notice a decrease in performance)

I want to hit 300g carbs exactly, everyday.
    These ^^^ don't say the same thing.

Anyway, just track P, F, and total cals. Those are the only essentials that are truly essential. C will be "whatever" just by virtue of the fact that it's not P or F. That will make variety much much much easier.

Originally Posted by tden99 View Post
    then you are just way too anal retentive.

You realize you aren't putting in the same nutrients no matter what you do. most nutrition is rounded. Even servings may not be exactly the same (e.g. some chicken will have more fat).

Why would you want to hit 300g of carbs if you clearly enjoy the 190g carbs with more protein/fat.
    (unless you notice a decrease in performance)

I know its never going to be 1000% accurate to the last decimal.

Right now as im cutting on 2360 calories (200g protein/30gfiber) My carbs/fats are completely random everyday. The thing is I want to be hitting 99% close as I can to getting 300g carbs / 200g protein / 50 fats, every single day. So then I can decrease or increase my carbs alone without having to worry about what im gona replace to eat when I can just simply add or subtract some brownrice....

I want to go

300/200/50
    300/200/50
    300/200/50
    300/200/50
    300/200/50
    300/200/50
    400/200/50refeed

not

random/200/random
    random/200/random
    random/200/random
    random/200/random
    random/200/random
    random/200/random
    random/200/random
    I actually want to see how my bodycomp changes when I am actually consuming roughly identical macros everyday...instead of going up and down on carbs by 100-200g a day.

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    >whey protein (protein)
    >chicken breast (protein)
    >broccoli (micros/fiber)
    >brown rice (carbs/fiber)
    >unprocessed bran (fiber)
    >olive oil (fats)

I LoL'ed
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

OP, trying to get to that level of granularity, you'll need to stick with a limited menu ... 6 foods.

That work.

6 Foods That Work.

Foods.

That.

Work.

In which case, there's no need to wonder about variety. You won't have any. Simple. EZ button.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I recommend you don't attempt this, you're being far, FAR too OCD OP.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I actually want to see how my bodycomp changes when I am actually consuming roughly identical macros everyday...instead of going up and down on carbs by 100-200g a day.
    You are conducting experiments for things that are already established facts (in other words, wasting your time) - calories in vs. calories out is everything once you have reached sufficiency for protein/fat.

Then there is the difficulty of actually measuring body composition. Do you get regular DEXA scans? Certain foods can change your fluid balance by several lbs on a day to day basis. This can completely fool the less precise tests (calipers, electical impedence).

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Every day I read something like this and laugh about when I (and y'all) thought I was being too obsessive. LOL!