BballerfromLT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile basketball offseason plan criticize!

so im a point guard and this offseason will be crucial for me so i need help from you guys.please criticize my offseason plan.

first off all i will aim for 6 skills sessions per week for 3-4 hours a day and ofcourse my athletism 3 times per week.

as i realised that i need more speed training than strength(did a few tests that Kelly Baggett from higher-faster-sports recomended) i will do 2 days full body weight lifting sessions to maintain my strength and 3 speed sessions to increase my RFD (explosiveness).

So my weekly routine should look like this

1--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    2--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    3--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    4--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    5--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    6--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    7--OFF

basically i will repeat day 1 and 2 three times per week

on day 1,3,5 im going to do my first 2 workouts in the morning and the lifting in the evening.

Now i dont know should i place conditiong(HIIT).im thinking about 2 times per week maybe on day 2 and 4.or i can do them on day 1 and 5 with my shooting.

My lifting will be only compound movements .i suppose it should not take more than 1 hour 30 mins to complete it am i right?

bench press 5*5
    military press 4*5
    pull ups/Barbell Bent-over Row 4*5
    squat 5*5
    deadlift 3*8
    calfes 4*6

im going to alternate volume of squats and deadlift every workout

And the last thing.i have a little bit of extra body fat.when should i cut it?before the start of the season or in the beginning of offseason

thanks for your time as ai said before its very important for me.

VanyaHW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a pretty solid plan to me.. my only advice is if your going to put HIIT in there then definitely do it on your off days.. otherwise i dont see how your total body workout will be done with maximum effort seeing as youll probably be pretty beat by that point.

My only question is.. will you really have enough time for this??? sounds like its a full day, everyday commitment!

veiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    even if you where focusing on strength and/or size, there is no way you would need to be lifting for over an hour. 45 minutes after warmup maximum.
    keep that testosterone up so you have the energy to consistently keep up with your already very demanding program.
    keep those hoops swishin bro!!! good luck/Veiz

Originally Posted by VanyaHW View Post
    Looks like a pretty solid plan to me.. my only advice is if your going to put HIIT in there then definitely do it on your off days.. otherwise i dont see how your total body workout will be done with maximum effort seeing as youll probably be pretty beat by that point.

My only question is.. will you really have enough time for this??? sounds like its a full day, everyday commitment!
    i agree with you.but this means that i will be working on my legs intensivly for 6 days per week...

Originally Posted by veiz View Post
    even if you where focusing on strength and/or size, there is no way you would need to be lifting for over an hour. 45 minutes after warmup maximum.
    keep that testosterone up so you have the energy to consistently keep up with your already very demanding program.
    keep those hoops swishin bro!!! good luck/Veiz
    well its full body workout.i tried to do it in 45mins but it seems impossible for me.i can do only ~12sets.

bump.i would like to hear more opinions

NikkoSifu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BballerfromLT View Post
    bump.i would like to hear more opinions
    dude, that's a lot of time to take out.... haha!! but over all it's a great plan. i would love ot have that much time to play myself. nice job sir!!

Originally Posted by NikkoSifu View Post
    dude, that's a lot of time to take out.... haha!! but over all it's a great plan. i would love ot have that much time to play myself. nice job sir!!

BUMP any other opiniona?even im quite new to speed and strength(started to do strength and speed sessions this seson about 7 months ago).i think there is chances that ill overtrain using my plan...

Maybe i should take out days 3 speed workout?
    Last edited by BballerfromLT; 05-17-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Zach2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so im a point guard and this offseason will be crucial for me so i need help from you guys.please criticize my offseason plan.

first off all i will aim for 6 skills sessions per week for 3-4 hours a day and ofcourse my athletism 3 times per week.

as i realised that i need more speed training than strength(did a few tests that Kelly Baggett from higher-faster-sports recomended) i will do 2 days full body weight lifting sessions to maintain my strength and 3 speed sessions to increase my RFD (explosiveness).

So my weekly routine should look like this

1--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    2--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    3--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    4--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    5--1 hour of speed training(quickness, plyos, agility,hill sprints etc)./3hours of shooting/full body workout in the gym
    6--3 hours of shooting/1 hour of ball handling
    7--OFF

basically i will repeat day 1 and 2 three times per week

on day 1,3,5 im going to do my first 2 workouts in the morning and the lifting in the evening.

Now i dont know should i place conditiong(HIIT).im thinking about 2 times per week maybe on day 2 and 4.or i can do them on day 1 and 5 with my shooting.

My lifting will be only compound movements .i suppose it should not take more than 1 hour 30 mins to complete it am i right?

bench press 5*5
    military press 4*5
    pull ups/Barbell Bent-over Row 4*5
    squat 5*5
    deadlift 3*8
    calfes 4*6

im going to alternate volume of squats and deadlift every workout

And the last thing.i have a little bit of extra body fat.when should i cut it?before the start of the season or in the beginning of offseason

thanks for your time as ai said before its very important for me.

get the jump manual from jacob hiller.

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO, that is TOO MUCH to do CONSISTENTLY and with intensity over the entire summer.
    Plus, 1 hour of ball handling 3 times a week? Seriously dude? Its not the # of hours that will improve your handles. How about you just go hard, do some very challenging dribbling drills. All you need is like, 10-20minutes MAX.
    I think you should priortize the weight lifting over the skills training for the first half of the summer. You want to get strnger and more explosive in the weight room.
    Keep doing skills training of course, but 3-4 days a week would be sufficent. If you REALLY want to do more, then do like, 2 days of just set shots/free throws/dribbling. I think 6 days of Intense, bust you balls skills training is over doing it. Atleast early in the summer.

but that is just MY opinion.
    If you want a workout "program" for 2Xweek full body, check out my trainig log. I hyave an excel spreadsheet there with all the info of what i am doing (abiet it slightly dated. i can pm you a newer version if you want).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=152987371

hope that helps!
    Estimated 1Rep Max at ~204lbs

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

i will keep my skills sesions the same since i dont believe that 20minutes will affect ur game enough.

my main concern is strength and speed sesions...my speed portion is underdeveloped compared with strength so i believe 3 plyo,speed sessions is needed.maybe i should do just 2 full body workouts per week?
    Last edited by BballerfromLT; 05-17-2013 at 01:06 PM.

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i will keep my skills sesions the same since i dont believe that 20minutes will affect ur game enough.

my main concern is strength and speed sesions...my speed portion is underdeveloped compared with strenth so i believe 3 plyo,speed sessions is needed.maybe i should do just 2 full body workouts per week?
    You should do 2 full body workouts a week, and do plyos at the beginning of the workout. 2 or 3 exercises and then start your reg workout. take a look at what i am doing for some examples. you should include periodicity into your program; work on speed of lifts for a few weeks, strength for a few weeks etc. and i would do speed and agility work before your skills sessions 2 or 3 times a week, since it is relatively non-fatiguing

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

Originally Posted by ByronKelly View Post
    You should do 2 full body workouts a week, and do plyos at the beginning of the workout. 2 or 3 exercises and then start your reg workout. take a look at what i am doing for some examples. you should include periodicity into your program; work on speed of lifts for a few weeks, strength for a few weeks etc. and i would do speed and agility work before your skills sessions 2 or 3 times a week, since it is relatively non-fatiguing
    well now as my season ended 1 week ago i took one week completely off.

ill do 2 weeks of easy aerobic work 2-3 times a week and 2 functional strength sessions

after that ill focus mainly on maximal strength for 3 months.((upper/lower body split 4 gym sessions per week) and 2 speed sessions per week)

and finally ill focus on plyo and speed portion.(2 full body strength maintenance workouts and 3 speed)

plus skills ofcourse.and i need to put anearobic conditioning somewhere any suggestions?

well now as my season ended 1 week ago i took one week completely off.

ill do 2 weeks of easy aerobic work 2-3 times a week and 2 functional strength sessions

after that ill focus mainly on maximal strength for 3 months.((upper/lower body split 4 gym sessions per week) and 2 speed sessions per week)

and finally ill focus on plyo and speed portion.(2 full body strength maintenance workouts and 3 speed)

plus skills ofcourse.and i need to put anearobic conditioning somewhere any suggestions?
    3 options here in my opinion, although only the first 2 make sense IMO

1) incoperate it into your skills training. You should do some drills that incoperate not only shooting, but anaerobic conditioning. example would be sprinting full court to the opposite free throw line, pull up for a jumper, rebound and repeat on the other end. works on handles, anaerobics and shot technique. add in some cones and do dribble moves at each cone.

2) do anaerobic conditioning on the court before, after or on a separate day from your skills work. there are tons of drills online you can look up for this. an example would be "17's"
    http://www.online-basketball-drills....ond-drill-0814

3) do anaerobic work on the track. short distane sprints (40 yards, 30 yards, 20 yards etc) with short rest periods

or you could just play a ton of ball. which is less effective. you get in shape to ball, you dont ball to get in shape. know what im sayin

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk