onelovedex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To cut or not to cut

I've been working out now for about 8 months. Started around 6ft 180lbs and guessing about 17% BF. Bulked up to 191lbs over the first few months and have just been hanging around 183-186lbs for the last few months. BF is down to 14.5%. I have some unwanted fat that i really think i should get rid of before i start to try to gain again. Does this seem like the best idea? Cut down to 10% BF maybe around 170lbs and then work on clean bulks so i am not carrying around the unwanted fat.

Posting pic. Mostly fat around bottom of abs and love handles i want to get rid of and not have to lose that plus more later.

P.S. Dont hate on the trucker tan. One day on the golf course and have not gotten around to evening it out.
    Attached Images

LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) LEFKAS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is that a Casio calculator watch OP? Anyone confirm? I'd say cut?

Originally Posted by LEFKAS View Post
    Is that a Casio calculator watch OP? Anyone confirm? I'd say cut?
    Suunto Core

DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd say cut.
    forever cutting.

Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I vote cut

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Big belly, cut!

sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cut to 12 holmes..... and you keep in truckin *Honks Horn

Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep, cut.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally would start a slow bulk. You're not fat.... and don't have a big belly. I'm a big advocate of "suck it up, gain a little fat for awhile, and lift hard". You have shape, and the more LBM you gain, the lower you BF% will get. Then after a year, you can cut for 4-5 months and show the muscle you packed on.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Murder Beats Not People recreateme's Avatar
    recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000)
    You dont need to do one more then the other... But think of it this way:

1) if you go to a bulk you will likely get bigger in size and lose a lot of the definition you do have, so you won't really look like you lift much, but you'll be stronger, but your next cut would probably take longer.

2) if you cut you will cut down and lose a lot of the size that you have, so you would start to look skinnier, but hopefully you can maintain you muscle and get ripped, but then your next bulk would give you the option of clean or dirty bulk.

If you look at these scenarios, its probably best if do a short cut to drop like 5-8 lbs, and it would make you look more defined but allow you keep muscle, then start eating really clean and you will shed fat slower but keep muscle better (if not gain)

thats my opinion, either way summer coming, you'd look better on the beach being on the skinny side but ripped then on the fat side but have strength.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to go with a small cut of 5-10lbs. I want to see some of these muscles I've been working hard to get. Then ill shoot for a clean bulk to start putting weight back on.

baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cut

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're very similar to me right now. I'm cutting down another 5-10 as well.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cut. You have enough muscle mass to have a good physique at 10% body fat.

Just wanted to post an update and to give thanks for the advice. First cut i have ever done in my life and its awesome to see results when you do it right. 4 weeks in and down to 177lbs from 185lbs and down from 15%BF to 12.2% BF. Can anyone confirm that BF%? That's what the guy at the YMCA measured me to be but it seems a little low to me.
    Attached Images