Registered User cassieonthespot's Avatar
    cassieonthespot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team Bombshell feedback

Hi there,

A few months back I was "accepted" into team bombsell. I didn't go for it at the time as I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to any particular program yet, but now I'm ready to get started.

I am looking for feedback on the group experience and training as A) they lock you in if you want to pay an affordable price and B) they seem to NPC or nothing and I'm not sure I'm that hell bent on only competing in that federation.

So, before I sign my life away, I'd love to know of anyone's experience with the group - good or bad, I just want honest.

Thanks so much!

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cassieonthespot View Post
    Hi there,

A few months back I was "accepted" into team bombsell. I didn't go for it at the time as I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to any particular program yet, but now I'm ready to get started.

I am looking for feedback on the group experience and training as A) they lock you in if you want to pay an affordable price and B) they seem to NPC or nothing and I'm not sure I'm that hell bent on only competing in that federation.

So, before I sign my life away, I'd love to know of anyone's experience with the group - good or bad, I just want honest.

Thanks so much!
    As far as I know, the first rule about team bombshell, is that you don't talk about team bombshell.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    As far as I know, the first rule about team bombshell, is that you don't talk about team bombshell.
    ^^^^^This....I have heard they do a cookie cutter diet and training program and you are bound to not disclose their "proprietary" protocols. The reason a couple of their top pros left the team earlier this year.....
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have heard only negative things about Team Bombshell.......hours and hours of cardio, cookie cutter extremely low cal diets......basically setting their clients up for some severe metabolic damage....I would run far away, OP..

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    This!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Learningtoeat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The whole low calorie diet thing is FALSE! We eat a ton of real foods and yes *gasp* even carbs! They have the best diet plans I have ever seen! I hate hate hate hate cardio with a passion and our cardio plans are fun and do NOT take hours! Yes, you do sign a contract saying you won't disclose the plans or diets. But who cares? All the plans are custom to your size and goals. Plus, all the girls are so nice and helpful!

I'd give it another look if I was you!
    Originally Posted by cassieonthespot View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks so much!
    Two years of recovery in April. Need support for eating disorders? I'm not an expert but I've been there and love giving support and encouragement!

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Learningtoeat View Post
    The whole low calorie diet thing is FALSE! We eat a ton of real foods and yes *gasp* even carbs! They have the best diet plans I have ever seen! I hate hate hate hate cardio with a passion and our cardio plans are fun and do NOT take hours! Yes, you do sign a contract saying you won't disclose the plans or diets. But who cares? All the plans are custom to your size and goals. Plus, all the girls are so nice and helpful!

I'd give it another look if I was you!
    If you had said anything else I'm sure you would be reprimanded, so people will have that in mind.

If you cant disclose the plans then there's no basis on claims it's fun and the best.

In the end the only way of knowing is to pay for the service I guess.

sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10) sadiedurocher is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do not waste your money!!!!!!!

Let me start off by saying DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Now if that warning wasn’t enough, let me explain. Bombshells prides them selves on producing the largest number of pros a year. Do not let this fool you! Based on the number of members they have (members who are competitors, not just members looking to loose weight) compared to the number of pros they produce a year, you’d see that this is far from impressive. Next thing to know is that their diets are COOKIE CUTTER! It is beyond evident that the nutrition plans they send you are chosen from a data base of precomposed plans. They do not sit down and take into account every individual person and then make you a specific plan. Also, it is illegal to write nutrition plans for people unless you are a registered dietitian (an actual degree and then took a test to become registered) or if you are working under a registered dietician who checks over your plans. There is not a single coach with Bombshells that holds the title of registered dietitian. Next up is their workout plans. These workout plans are the biggest joke. Now majority of their coaches are certified person trainers which confuses me as to why their workout plans are such crap. It is clear though that the workout plans come from a precomposed data base just like the nutrition plans. I guess the coaches personal training certifications are just for show because it definitely isn’t used. Every workout they give you is cardio! And for some reason they have a fascination with making you sweat. To clarify those statements, the workouts are all cardio because everything is “Supersets” as they call it. Apparently they need a dictionary because a superset is when two different exercises are done together with no rest in between. When you put more than two exercises together in a set, it is not referred to as a superset. A giant set is the term used for three to four exercises being done in one set. There actually is no term that I know of for more than four exercises in one set (which they do have on their plans). Also, anyone who competes should know that consistency is key. Therefor, changing the exercises every week is not consistent. It is true that your body can get use to receptiveness but that takes a lot of repeating. Now everybody is different, but for my body, I know that if I do the same exercises for shoulder day every Tuesday for 1 month, I will get much better results than if I do different shoulder exercises for 1 month every Tuesday. Lifting heavy weights for me is very empowering. But because they have so many “Supersets” with so many reps (which is why it is basically cardio), you can’t go very heavy. So no empowerment here. You can’t even feel a burn in your muscles because all you can focus on is catching your breath. Again I repeat, CARDIO! Now to clarify the statement “for some reason they have a fascination with making you sweat.” I say this because they want you in a neoprene waist wrap during all activity and neoprene shorts. What this does is makes you sweat a lot in these areas. It’s like having plastic wrap around you. This pulls water from those areas. Now the only time I need to pull water is when I am about to walk on stage for a competition. There is no reason on Earth to do this any other time. First of all, you’re drinking gallon of water a day so this pulling water thing will only last a couple of hours. Secondly, aren’t you basically defeating the purpose of the gallon of water you are drinking? And lastly for the actual cardio they give you, it is a non stop circuit of exercises. Not HIIT (high intensity interval training). Just non stop from one exercise to the next.

Now if you still are considering working with Bombshells despite everything listed above I must give you a tip. DO NOT pay them in bulk. It is cheaper to pay for a whole year rather than month to month, but I promise you it isn’t wise. Once they send you "any proprietary products” as they call it, (which again is absolutely nothing special but is very laughable) you will never see your money again. I highly suggest that you pay month to month for the first couple of months to make sure that Bombshell’s is for you. Because if you pay that cheaper lump sum for a whole year and you end up feeling that Bombshells isn’t for you, or if you have any life changing circumstances arise, they will not issue you any sort of refund. This review is being written in January of 2016. The oilfield is at all time low and is doing terrible. I will not be able to compete this year because my husband lost his job (which happened after I signed with Bombshell’s and paid them in full for a year). I also had the special circumstance of having a difficult recovery form a breast augmentation that was done before joining Bombshell’s and long before my husband was laid off. Even with these circumstances, Bombshell’s gave no consideration to even a partial refund. I never asked for a full refund or even mentioned a number. Only asked that they do a partial refund and it would be their decision on how much. They absolutely refused even with this being stated in their policy, "At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or any other form of credit. The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at sole discretion of Bombshell Fitness.” On my last note, they push to try and get more of your money by saying you need their products to succeed with them (their portion, their body shapers, their camps).

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sadiedurocher View Post
    Let me start off by saying DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Now if that warning wasn’t enough, let me explain. Bombshells prides them selves on producing the largest number of pros a year. Do not let this fool you! Based on the number of members they have (members who are competitors, not just members looking to loose weight) compared to the number of pros they produce a year, you’d see that this is far from impressive. Next thing to know is that their diets are COOKIE CUTTER! It is beyond evident that the nutrition plans they send you are chosen from a data base of precomposed plans. They do not sit down and take into account every individual person and then make you a specific plan. Also, it is illegal to write nutrition plans for people unless you are a registered dietitian (an actual degree and then took a test to become registered) or if you are working under a registered dietician who checks over your plans. There is not a single coach with Bombshells that holds the title of registered dietitian. Next up is their workout plans. These workout plans are the biggest joke. Now majority of their coaches are certified person trainers which confuses me as to why their workout plans are such crap. It is clear though that the workout plans come from a precomposed data base just like the nutrition plans. I guess the coaches personal training certifications are just for show because it definitely isn’t used. Every workout they give you is cardio! And for some reason they have a fascination with making you sweat. To clarify those statements, the workouts are all cardio because everything is “Supersets” as they call it. Apparently they need a dictionary because a superset is when two different exercises are done together with no rest in between. When you put more than two exercises together in a set, it is not referred to as a superset. A giant set is the term used for three to four exercises being done in one set. There actually is no term that I know of for more than four exercises in one set (which they do have on their plans). Also, anyone who competes should know that consistency is key. Therefor, changing the exercises every week is not consistent. It is true that your body can get use to receptiveness but that takes a lot of repeating. Now everybody is different, but for my body, I know that if I do the same exercises for shoulder day every Tuesday for 1 month, I will get much better results than if I do different shoulder exercises for 1 month every Tuesday. Lifting heavy weights for me is very empowering. But because they have so many “Supersets” with so many reps (which is why it is basically cardio), you can’t go very heavy. So no empowerment here. You can’t even feel a burn in your muscles because all you can focus on is catching your breath. Again I repeat, CARDIO! Now to clarify the statement “for some reason they have a fascination with making you sweat.” I say this because they want you in a neoprene waist wrap during all activity and neoprene shorts. What this does is makes you sweat a lot in these areas. It’s like having plastic wrap around you. This pulls water from those areas. Now the only time I need to pull water is when I am about to walk on stage for a competition. There is no reason on Earth to do this any other time. First of all, you’re drinking gallon of water a day so this pulling water thing will only last a couple of hours. Secondly, aren’t you basically defeating the purpose of the gallon of water you are drinking? And lastly for the actual cardio they give you, it is a non stop circuit of exercises. Not HIIT (high intensity interval training). Just non stop from one exercise to the next.

Now if you still are considering working with Bombshells despite everything listed above I must give you a tip. DO NOT pay them in bulk. It is cheaper to pay for a whole year rather than month to month, but I promise you it isn’t wise. Once they send you "any proprietary products” as they call it, (which again is absolutely nothing special but is very laughable) you will never see your money again. I highly suggest that you pay month to month for the first couple of months to make sure that Bombshell’s is for you. Because if you pay that cheaper lump sum for a whole year and you end up feeling that Bombshells isn’t for you, or if you have any life changing circumstances arise, they will not issue you any sort of refund. This review is being written in January of 2016. The oilfield is at all time low and is doing terrible. I will not be able to compete this year because my husband lost his job (which happened after I signed with Bombshell’s and paid them in full for a year). I also had the special circumstance of having a difficult recovery form a breast augmentation that was done before joining Bombshell’s and long before my husband was laid off. Even with these circumstances, Bombshell’s gave no consideration to even a partial refund. I never asked for a full refund or even mentioned a number. Only asked that they do a partial refund and it would be their decision on how much. They absolutely refused even with this being stated in their policy, "At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or any other form of credit. The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at sole discretion of Bombshell Fitness.” On my last note, they push to try and get more of your money by saying you need their products to succeed with them (their portion, their body shapers, their camps).
    I have heard this before!
    Last edited by fltallpaul; 02-05-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

lucie0519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry never again!

I will be doing my first competition in June. I decided to give bombshell a try because of the reputation they had. Plus I could not really find any bad reviews online about them. But this was obviously because no one is allowed to talk about anything that goes on, it's like a secret cult of girl power women that just want you to come to camp, as if you have no job or kids to take care of. Anyway I signed up for 12 months in December and paid 99 monthly. They do not tell you about how much money you will be spending on top of that in order to "get that bombshell look". Their contracts are so one sided giving the customer the **** end of the deal. My "coach" was a joke and the plans are just something they pull out of their database that the coaches are not allowed to alter in anyway, so what are they for!? They only have 3 main nutrition plans to go off of and their workouts are a joke. Just like Sadie previously said, nothing but cardio. I'm surprised anyone can build any muscle on these plans. They are just setting you up for major metabolic damage. I realized after them not following through with their part of their contract that I wanted to cancel. They quickly emailed me saying I was responsible for the 990 dollar cancellation fee, which there was no way I would pay because they did not hold their part of the deal. I emailed them back with specific dates on which they messed up and never got a response. This has been going on for 2 weeks now, they tried to send an invoice on paypal to pay within 30 days and yet again, I cancelled that invoice and wrote down again that I was not responsible for the fees. I then emailed again today for them to give me some kind of a response and if not I will contact my lawyer. These people are so unprofessional and only interested in taking your money. If you have any education in fitness and nutrition you can obviously see they have no idea how to do things the right way. I'm surprised they are getting away with it. I think more people should speak up about how bad they can be if you decide to question why they do things. I really hope they don't somehow mess up my credit, but I refuse to pay them for a contract that they did not provide to me. Has anyone else been in a similar situation where they were able to get out of the contract??

lucie0519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sadiedurocher View Post

I have had a similar experience that I am still trying to get out of, they are so unprofessional!