Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The "Eating Clean" Myth.

I would like to make a thread to clear this "clean eating" myth up once and for all.

A food isn't "bad" or "dirty" if it is processed. In fact, I'd argue that some foods are "better" (read: more efficient) for your body if they are processed. Your body does not know if you are consuming a freshly slaughtered cow, or one that has been ground up over and over, pressed into a patty, and sold to you by a tall redhead in a clown suit. In terms of weight control and fat loss, it absolutely does not matter what you put into your body, as long as you expend more calories than you consume.

Read about the Twinkie Diet here.

You will absolutely not see fat loss if you overeat "clean" foods. If your caloric maintenance is set to 2k kcal, and you consume 4k kcal in broccoli and chicken, you will get fat. So fat. You will have saggy man-boobs.

Stop it already.

Below-- feel free to do a Q&A regarding "clean" foods and fat loss.

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I thought food with the prefix 'Mc-' was instantly stored as fat, but protein bars and whey become muscle?

(Not srs, of course)

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds good, I'm going to compose my diet of only trans fat and high fructose corn syrup. Thanks OP.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks. This has never been posted before.

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    good one OP
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nullbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was a relief. McDonalds here I come...

Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe this does not apply for you but it does for me;

"Clean" foods are cheaper

"Clean" foods taste better

"Clean" foods make me feel better

it is easier to balance my macros by consuming "Clean" foods

"Clean" foods typically have better micro nutrient content

it is easier to get fat off of "dirty" or processed foods because typically the macros are all out of wack and people don't realize they just ate 56 grams of fats, 30 grams of protein and 174 grams of carbs. This is a typical mcdonalds meal (bigmac, fires and coke) which DOES NOT even come close to filling me up.

Processed foods often have additives that are not needed/wanted/natural

Just trying to clear up this whole "clean" foods myth for you.

Feel free to ask Q&A

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was posting this for the "I eat clean do I still have to count my calories?" people, as well as the "I'm not losing weight, but I'm eating clean most of the time" people.

If it doesn't apply to you and you already have your nutrition down, kindly skip over this thread.

Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kadri43fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by flyfreefit View Post
    Was posting this for the "I eat clean do I still have to count my calories?" people, as well as the "I'm not losing weight, but I'm eating clean most of the time" people.

If it doesn't apply to you and you already have your nutrition down, kindly skip over this thread.
    I responded because I think telling people eating clean doesn't matter is dangerous and ill advised. Everything needs to be done in moderation. Now for gaining weight it really doesn't matter, I agree but there is more to this nutrition thing than calories in calories out.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember Mike Mentzer saying in an article that you could cut on Snicker's bars to make the point that it really is simply calories in versus calories out. Nice idea, but I like to feel full. Plus, crappy food makes me feel crappy. How can I look down my nose at the unwashed masses who eat garbage fast food if I don't eat "clean?"

Originally Posted by Kadri43fan View Post
    I responded because I think telling people eating clean doesn't matter is dangerous and ill advised. Everything needs to be done in moderation. Now for gaining weight it really doesn't matter, I agree but there is more to this nutrition thing than calories in calories out.
    I didn't address nutrition-- didn't want to make the original post longer than it needed to be, which is why I offered a Q&A to clear up confusion.

I agree, telling people that eating clean doesn't matter is "dangerous and ill advised" but it is very easy for people to be misled with the idea that they can consume unlimited amounts of salmon, for example, because it's healthy. A small, mindless snack such as nuts gets you 200 kcal. I have eaten 600 kcal of just salmon in one sitting. Add a side of brown rice and sweet potato and you quickly use up your caloric budget for the day.

I'm sure you know all of this, but to some people it simply does not compute that you can get fat eating very healthy. The point isn't not to eat healthy, but to count your macros regardless of how and what you eat.

Originally Posted by KeithTheSnake View Post
    I remember Mike Mentzer saying in an article that you could cut on Snicker's bars to make the point that it really is simply calories in versus calories out. Nice idea, but I like to feel full. Plus, crappy food makes me feel crappy. How can I look down my nose at the unwashed masses who eat garbage fast food if I don't eat "clean?"
    Completely agree here, too.

Not advocating ****ty food, peeps. I'm advocating macro tracking regardless of food.

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try the twinkie diet for a year. I dare you.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This whole topic has been taken so far out of context. Knowledgable posters still understand the importance of healthy foods, without having to use the paradime of clean/dirty eating.

It looked like your point was in the first paragraph. I did read the whole post but only responded to the top part which I thought was your main point.
    '
    Your second point makes sense. I guess I can see how some people would think "hey I'm eating only good healthy foods why am I not losing weight" but they don't realize they are still consuming the same amount of calories then when they ate fast food and junk.

Where did I get negged? Said it wasn't this post ( I almost blasted you for negging me for not agreeing with your post but it wasn't this thread hm

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you suggesting I do the Twinkie diet OP?

bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the tall redhead in a clown suit a female or male? This would change the nutritional content of said patty immensely.
    "So you think you can win?....... I don't think I can lose."

Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    Try the twinkie diet for a year. I dare you.
    Starting July when they're back on the shelves, maybe? But only if you double-dog-dare me.

Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    This whole topic has been taken so far out of context. Knowledgable posters still understand the importance of healthy foods, without having to use the paradime of clean/dirty eating.
    Agreed.

It looked like your point was in the first paragraph. I did read the whole post but only responded to the top part which I thought was your main point.
    '
    Your second point makes sense. I guess I can see how some people would think "hey I'm eating only good healthy foods why am I not losing weight" but they don't realize they are still consuming the same amount of calories then when they ate fast food and junk.

Where did I get negged? Said it wasn't this post ( I almost blasted you for negging me for not agreeing with your post but it wasn't this thread hm
    Thanks for taking time to read the entire thing. I don't neg people for disagreeing with me, and no, it wasn't me. It should link you to the exact post that was negged.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Are you suggesting I do the Twinkie diet OP?
    I may just dare you to. Too bad Twinkies are off the shelves until July.

Originally Posted by bs-stunting View Post
    Is the tall redhead in a clown suit a female or male? This would change the nutritional content of said patty immensely.
    Is the female dressed in a clown suit as well, or are you just being a bully?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I would like to make a thread to clear this "clean eating" myth up once and for all.
    Finally. This whole "clean food" topic will never be seen in this forum again.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Finally. This whole "clean food" topic will never be seen in this forum again.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ^^^^lol
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wait, so there is no difference between fat loss and weight loss?
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Originally Posted by Wolf200 View Post
    I just remembered I want pizza. Am I disciplined?

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just remembered I want pizza. Am I disciplined?
    No legit answer to a legit question?

No legit answer to a legit question?
    I didn't realize you were being serious...

Wait, so there is no difference between fat loss and weight loss?
    Yes, the difference between fat loss and weight loss is that fat loss is the loss of fat, while weight loss is the loss of weight, regardless of whether it is fat/muscle/water/limb/etc.

I didn't realize you were being serious...

Yes, the difference between fat loss and weight loss is that fat loss is the loss of fat, while weight loss is the loss of weight, regardless of whether it is fat/muscle/water/limb/etc.
    So you agree there is a difference between fat loss and weight loss, then what determines the difference? And I'm sure there is more to it than just the calorie deficit / speed at which weight is lost.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're not the first to do this OP and you definitely won't be the last... sadly.

Maybe this does not apply for you but it does for me;

"Clean" foods are cheaper

"Clean" foods taste better

"Clean" foods make me feel better

it is easier to balance my macros by consuming "Clean" foods

"Clean" foods typically have better micro nutrient content

it is easier to get fat off of "dirty" or processed foods because typically the macros are all out of wack and people don't realize they just ate 56 grams of fats, 30 grams of protein and 174 grams of carbs. This is a typical mcdonalds meal (bigmac, fires and coke) which DOES NOT even come close to filling me up.

Processed foods often have additives that are not needed/wanted/natural

Just trying to clear up this whole "clean" foods myth for you.

Feel free to ask Q&A
    I am 100% serious. All those things apply to me. If you disagree then good for you.

Not trolling- just my opinion on personal experience.

Really it's stupid? What part about it is stupid?

I am 100% serious. All those things apply to me. If you disagree then good for you.

Not trolling- just my opinion on personal experience.

Really it's stupid? What part about it is stupid?
    Not sure who you're talking to, bud. You're kinda scaring me there...

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow OP........you come up with this all on your own? You is kind, you is smart, you is important. Thanks for saving the nutrition world.
    Who oversees the overseers?

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry guys, but the "clean eating" myth is real.

Unless you don't mind eating something that's been on the ground, or pooped on, I'd suggest washing your food thoroughly with soap and water.