toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100)

Help with everything

I had posted earlier about being new to the whole website so let me give you a little summary:

Im 20, in college, around 5'9, and about 160. I worked out for about a year with no plan whatsoever in the gym. I didn't get any of the results I wanted. Not even like 2% of the results I wanted. I'm going to start working out now so I can be bigger by spring break. I said in my other post that I wanted to be shredded, but my idea of shredded is not shredded at all. I just want it to look like I'm bigger and I work out thats my ultimate goal. I want muscle showing but not to the extreme or anything.

Anyone have any tips or a good workout plan I could follow for six and half months so that I can lose maybe a few pounds of fat and get muscle to show? I want to be able to make some good visible progress not necessarily too extreme.
    Last edited by toddythehotty; 08-30-2014 at 11:22 AM.

taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by toddythehotty View Post
    I had posted earlier about being new to the whole website so let me give you a little summary:

Im 20, in college, around 5'9, and about 160. I worked out for about a year with no plan whatsoever in the gym. I didn't get any of the results I wanted. Not even like 2% of the results I wanted. I'm going to start working out now so I can be bigger by spring break. I said in my other post that I wanted to be shredded, but my idea of shredded is not shredded at all. I just want it to look like I'm bigger and I work out thats my ultimate goal. I want muscle showing but not to the extreme or anything.

Anyone have any tips or a good workout plan I could follow for six and half months so that I can lose maybe a few pounds of fat and get muscle to show?
    Monday: Squat, straight leg deadlifts, pullups, rows
    Wednesday: Bench Press, overhead press, dips
    Friday: Deadlifts, Squats
    Saturday (optional): Bench Press, Pullups, Overhead Press, Rows

Eat about 3000-3500 calories a day, try to get at least 20% of your calories from protein, avoid saturated fats if you can. A little bit of cardio won't kill you, if you're looking for something to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays 20 minutes of moderate cardio with some ab work may help.
    Last edited by taxgeek; 08-30-2014 at 11:41 AM.

36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 36912 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toddythehotty View Post

Anyone have any tips or a good workout plan I could follow for six and half months so that I can lose maybe a few pounds of fat and get muscle to show? I want to be able to make some good visible progress not necessarily too extreme.
    you could try PPL, upper/lower or full body workouts to start with.

charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do a push/pull/leg routine and work on progressing my lifts, I've seen some good size gains (for me) from it.

Monday (legs)
    Squat 4x5
    Stiff-leg Deadlifts 2x8
    Leg Extensions 2x12
    Leg Curls 2x12
    Calf Raises 3x15-20

Wednesday (push)
    Bench 3x5
    Incline DB Bench 2x8
    Flyes 1x12
    Dips 2x8
    Overhead Extensions 2x12
    DB Press 2x8
    Lateral raises 2x12

Friday (pull)
    Deadlift 3x5
    Chin-ups 2x8
    Barbell Rows 2x8
    One-arm DB row 2x8
    Barbell Curls 3x12 or 2x12 and hammer curls 1x12
    Gym PR's

Squat - 325lbs

Bench - 225lbs paused

Deadlift - 405lbs x 3

toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100) toddythehotty is not very well liked. (-100)
    What kind of stuff do you eat that doesn't give you too much fat? I've had a problem with that for a long time.
    Originally Posted by taxgeek View Post
    Monday: Squat, straight leg deadlifts, pullups, rows
    Wednesday: Bench Press, overhead press, dips
    Friday: Deadlifts, Squats
    Saturday (optional): Bench Press, Pullups, Overhead Press, Rows

Eat about 3000-3500 calories a day, try to get at least 20% of your calories from protein, avoid saturated fats if you can. A little bit of cardio won't kill you, if you're looking for something to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays 20 minutes of moderate cardio with some ab work may help.

klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Your question and goals are very vague…

Go on body space and look up a program that sounds good for you.
    Eat 3000+ calories a day. Stay away from saturated fats and sugars.
    For quick "gains" , look up Monohydrate Creatine . Great product, and when taken correctly you can get good gains
    Look up posts for beginners..there's tons of them that'll help you out with getting started
    You probably have bad form. Go here to check proper forms for each exercise
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have lots of advice to give but I've chosen to withhold all of it because your goal is to "look bigger by spring break."

taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some fat is fine. Unless you're a cosmetic athlete preparing for a competition (bodybuilders) I don't think fat is anything to be afraid of. Just try to minimize the saturated fat and try not to let fat make up more than 25% of your diet.

I try to avoid loin cuts of steak (rib eye, new York, t bone, chuck eye...although technically that's a chuck cut but it's pretty similar to rib eye) which kinda sucks because those are my favorites. I started eating more flat iron (aka top blade) and sirloin. Chicken and tuna are good too.

For starches I eat a lot of whole grain pasta, and potatoes. A lot of guys eat a lot of oatmeal, but I don't because I can't stand the stuff. Rice (brown or white) is good too.

Those are the staples of my diet, but you gotta find out what you like to eat while eating towards your goal. I recommend browsing through the nutrition forum.