Registered User ItsStillYourSet's Avatar
    ItsStillYourSet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't lose the belly fat

I'm 5'11 and 225lbs (down from 237 6 weeks ago) with 15% body fat. I've been hitting the weights pretty hard and even though I haven't loss as much weight as I wanted to I am seeing definition in my chest and arms. My goal is to get down to 200lbs in 2 months, by any means necessary.

The problem is I can't lose the belly fat. I eat clean 90% of the time, pound water and eat foods that are belly friendly (almonds, avocados, etc).

I sometimes try and mix in cardio but I have some ligament damage t one of my knees.

I know you can't spot train to get abs, so any advice will help.

Thanks guys.

imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) imon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At 5'11 225 chances are your not 15% bf. eating clean is good but is worthless for weight loss if you don't have a calorie deficit. I would read into some of the stickies and get your nutrition squared away. That's generally the hardest part. Hitting the weights is good but your gonna need some cardio to lose the weight. Try low impact stuff like the bike, swimming, Ect. Best of luck

bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by imon1 View Post
    At 5'11 225 chances are your not 15% bf. eating clean is good but is worthless for weight loss if you don't have a calorie deficit. I would read into some of the stickies and get your nutrition squared away. That's generally the hardest part. Hitting the weights is good but your gonna need some cardio to lose the weight. Try low impact stuff like the bike, swimming, Ect. Best of luck
    Solid advice up until the "needs cardio to lose weight". He does not need it. Cardio is just a tool or an aide for fat loss. Puts you in a bigger deficit, that is all. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of cardio and I think everyone on this planet should do it, but it isn't needed for fat loss.
    "So you think you can win?....... I don't think I can lose."

ddtymd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio isn't a must for fatloss
    you can replace cardio with superset training in gym.that will burn your bodyfat.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    agreed if you find the cardio to hard just make sure you are in a caloric deficit with weight training and the fat will come off
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

nightfoxflme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

belly fat

Hi all .. im new to the whole bodybuilding world .. i have a bit of a belly and wanted to how best to lose it ... im lifting heavy weight and taking anabolic mass gainer, about 90% of my diet now is good foods ... apart from the 10% of **** is there anything else i should know to help to the unwanted fat ... any advise is great .... thanks

MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) MercurialXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try to cut your almond and avocado intake in half maybe. I know you probably count correctly and keep track and all that. But avocados and nuts are very calorie dense and its easy to underestimate.

mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Help! Advise me please

HELPPPPPP!

Hey everyone so Ive lost 40 lbs over the last two and half months but my stomach hasnt changed much. Im On kris gethins dtp program/diet.

PLEASE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO LOSE ALL THIS XTRA BLOB IN MY STOMACH AREA, MY UPPER BODY LOOKS BETTER BUT IM NOT SATISFIED!!?

What should I incorporate in my diet (egg white, oats,chicken,fish,almonds, brwn rice, broc, etc) and what exercises should I really go hard on my ab days (2-3 days a week) i know you cant spot reduce, any help would be appreciated..

Also Ive recently started to do mtn climbers, leg raises, scissors and toe touches all from vids on youtube but what else should I be doing I'm patient but I'd love to see some progress in a month or so! THANK YOU

fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatboy79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mayaib View Post
    HELPPPPPP!

Hey everyone so Ive lost 40 lbs over the last two and half months but my stomach hasnt changed much. Im On kris gethins dtp program/diet.

PLEASE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO LOSE ALL THIS XTRA BLOB IN MY STOMACH AREA, MY UPPER BODY LOOKS BETTER BUT IM NOT SATISFIED!!?

What should I incorporate in my diet (egg white, oats,chicken,fish,almonds, brwn rice, broc, etc) and what exercises should I really go hard on my ab days (2-3 days a week) i know you cant spot reduce, any help would be appreciated..

Also Ive recently started to do mtn climbers, leg raises, scissors and toe touches all from vids on youtube but what else should I be doing I'm patient but I'd love to see some progress in a month or so! THANK YOU
    Good job on the 40lbs
    but you need to re-read the nutrition stickies because it is evident you are missing some important concepts.... All you're answers are in there. Eating "clean" is worthless and means nothing for specifically losing bf.

Cliffz..

Calories in vs. Calories out (Weigh/Measure/Calculate Everything you put in your mouth)-
    20% Deficit is a great place to start
    Macros-This is specific to YOU
    Lifting heavy (for YOU) weights
    Time and Consistency-
    Focus Like a Hawk - on Short Term Long & Term Goals- Write Everything Down in Logs. Empirical evidence that you can see over time , makes all the difference.

Bonner7994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you heard about yoga and sit-ups, must try it.

Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Relikz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For most people belly fat is the last to go so you have to lean out everywhere else before your stomach gets lean. Just be patient, stick to what you're doing and you will see results.
    Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

My 5 month transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153826261&p=1067501641#post1067501641