SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Figuring out body fat?

When I was doing my profile, it comes out that I have 35% body fat. I really don't have any clue how much that is though so I'm just wondering how you figure up your actual body fat. I'm new to this, but that just seems like an awful lot lol Can someone explain this to me?

01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    given ur stats... its prob close. posting pics is the easiest/ fastest way to get an assessment of bf

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SummerBee View Post
    When I was doing my profile, it comes out that I have 35% body fat. I really don't have any clue how much that is though so I'm just wondering how you figure up your actual body fat. I'm new to this, but that just seems like an awful lot lol Can someone explain this to me?
    Of all the numbers that are important in fitness, body fat is the MOST OVERRATED! The only accurate ways to get it checked are extremely expensive. The number itself doesn't offer much in how you shape your training anyways. Regardless of what the number says you are either fatter than you'd like to be or you're not. The number won't change that.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10) SummerBee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 01lowbird View Post
    given ur stats... its prob close. posting pics is the easiest/ fastest way to get an assessment of bf
    it wont let me post links or pics on the thread because i just joined and i only have like 5 posts.

Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    Of all the numbers that are important in fitness, body fat is the MOST OVERRATED! The only accurate ways to get it checked are extremely expensive. The number itself doesn't offer much in how you shape your training anyways. Regardless of what the number says you are either fatter than you'd like to be or you're not. The number won't change that.
    Well I am obviously fatter than I want to be lmao two kids and not caring what I ate seriously ****ed my body up. I'm working on it though. I just see this everywhere and I have no clue what it means. Most people don't believe that I weigh as much as I do, could that be due to muscle? Or are they just being nice lmao

jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was in the same boat and like other members posted body fat % is seriously just a number. Eat at a deficit and train, dont be affraid of free weights either. Use the mirror as your scale, I wouldnt even step on a scale for a couple months.

Originally Posted by jswaze88 View Post
    I was in the same boat and like other members posted body fat % is seriously just a number. Eat at a deficit and train, dont be affraid of free weights either. Use the mirror as your scale, I wouldnt even step on a scale for a couple months.
    I have no way to get to a gym due to having two kids under 3, so what kind of equipment should I get? I have an elliptical, but I'm talking about strength wise.

Also the mirror always makes me look way better than pictures taken by other people lmao

jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jswaze88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also the best piece of advice someone gave me is PATIENCE! you cant expect to eat bad and not workout for several years and lose it all in 3-4 months. It takes time to build the body you want, but with the correct knowledge and deication you'll get it.

also the best piece of advice someone gave me is PATIENCE! you cant expect to eat bad and not workout for several years and lose it all in 3-4 months. It takes time to build the body you want, but with the correct knowledge and deication you'll get it.
    Oh, I definitely know this! At my biggest I was 196, I am now 165. I want to get down to about 125. I def know its gonna take time though lol

Check out the "workout equipment" forum stickies there is tons of info on there regarding home equipment!

Check out the "workout equipment" forum stickies there is tons of info on there regarding home equipment!
    Okay, thanks so much!

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to get a good estimate, compare yourself honestly to these pics. Like others have said though, it is just a number.

01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 01lowbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i dont like its just a number thing... u are right is a number and personally i wanna know what mine is all the time. one more thing for me to judge progress and measure lbm mass. it is important!

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 01lowbird View Post
    i dont like its just a number thing... u are right is a number and personally i wanna know what mine is all the time. one more thing for me to judge progress and measure lbm mass. it is important!
    I agree to a point, but when someone is quite far from their goals, it's much easier just to simplify things, and not get caught up in BF numbers, especially when most people do not have a reliable and frequent way to track their actual BF.