altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Compound Exercises...please modify my routine

I have modified this thread just couple minutes ago to the following...

I've been training for over a year now and I'm only 150 lbs now ( 5'10 ). I tried different program of isolation exercises until one of my friends recommended doing compound exercises. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO BUILD AND GAIN MASS. I'm eating as much as I can almost 3200 calories a day. Does this program looks good.. please modify it the way you think I should do it

Monday

Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Barbell Clean and Press ( 4X6 )
    Barbell Row ( 4X6 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Tuesday
    Easy abs workout for less than 30 min

Wednesday
    Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Deadlift ( 3X5 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Thuresday

Friday
    Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Barbell Row ( 4X6 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Saturday

Sunday
    Rest
    Last edited by altamimit; 04-23-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by altamimit View Post
    Folks,

I've been training for over a year now and I'm only 150 lbs now ( 5'10 ). I tried different program of isolation exercises until one of my friends recommended doing compound exercises. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO BUILD AND GAIN MASS. I'm eating as much as I can almost 3200 calories a day. I want your advice on a good compound exercises routine for 6-7 days a week.. please don't tell me you're over training. I just need your experiences on the exercises types and routines.. Thank you so much guys...
    well.....hate to dissapoint you, but heavy compounds 6-7 days a week WILL overtrain your ass. and you clearly are not at the level at which overtraining would be considered beneficial compared to progressive overload.

im not going to tell you not to do it because personally i believe everyone needs to experience as many different types of training approaches as they can so they can see how their body adapts and move on from there to design their own program that will provide maximum and consistent results

altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altamimit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Labado21 View Post
    well.....hate to dissapoint you, but heavy compounds 6-7 days a week WILL overtrain your ass. and you clearly are not at the level at which overtraining would be considered beneficial compared to progressive overload.

im not going to tell you not to do it because personally i believe everyone needs to experience as many different types of training approaches as they can so they can see how their body adapts and move on from there to design their own program that will provide maximum and consistent results
    ok what do you think I should do? How about "A" being compound and "B" being isolation of some sort of muscle and do the following:

A, B, A, B, A, B and so on

or maybe

A, B, B, A, B, B, A

Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labado21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok what do you think I should do? How about "A" being compound and "B" being isolation of some sort of muscle and do the following:

A, B, A, B, A, B and so on

or maybe

A, B, B, A, B, B, A
    dude...idk cause im not you. that was what my whole post was about. put your own **** together to find out what works for YOU. took 4 years of serious training before i figured it all out for myself

Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gargz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We'll seeing as you have made up your mind, look into the jim wendler frequency project, it's 6 days a week with a compound every workout followed by relevant assistance, but serious you prolly don't have the training knowledge and understand of your own body and how it reacts to implement the frequency project successfully

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^

This.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Train 3 days a week.
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Folks,

I've been training for over a year now and I'm only 150 lbs now ( 5'10 ). I tried different program of isolation exercises until one of my friends recommended doing compound exercises. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO BUILD AND GAIN MASS and change my body to a bigger form. I'm eating as much as I can almost 3200 calories a day. I want your advice on a good compound exercises routine for 6-7 days a week.. please don't tell me you're over training. I just need your experiences on the exercises types and routines..Also is it good to add some isolation exercises to the routine? Thank you so much guys...
    I wouldn't advise anyone who only weighs 150 pounds to weight train 7 days a week unless that person's goal was to remain at 150 pounds.

Find a good beginner bodybuilding program in the stickies, and follow it as-written.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starting Strength or Stronglifts 3x a week and eat
    OG

Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Starting Strength or Stronglifts 3x a week and eat
    Last 3 posts gave you the right answer.

You are mistakenly associating the amount of hours at the gym with the amount of muscle gained. Not so simple my friend. You are in a beginner category (even though you have been lifting for a year). Your muscles will grow their maximum amount per workout with a relatively little amount of stimulation AND PROPER NUTRITION. Little stimulation needed, means less recovery time needed. Less recovery time needed, means more frequency of stimulation possible. More stimulation frequency, more growth. This means that you can work each MUSCLE 2-3 times a week in about 3 workouts per week. If you were doing a bodypart split or a more advanced routine, you might only be working the MUSCLE 1-2 times a week in more workouts per week. For your goals, a full body program is the best fit and will give you the best opportunities to grow.

Starting Strength, StrongLifts, JasonDB's novice 5x5 are the best fits. Its all for nothing though if you don't eat to grow.
    Muscles For Marriage: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166041651

Ten Lifting Commandments: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153518741

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do Stronglifts and eat to gain 3lbs per month for a few months then drop it to 2 lbs per month.
    The floundering has ended.

superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry but training 6-7 times a day won't do anything for you. If you have spent a year doing isolation exercises I think you should stick to a three or four day compound workout. I understand why you say "don't tell me I'm overtraining" because at some point everyone has thought they were right and didnt want to know anything else. But the fact is that if you are training properly, you don't need to train 6-7 days per week.

thank you guys all so much for your great advices. it seems that you all agree that 6-7 days isn't good for me. so I guess now is I have to look for a good workout routine that is 3-4 times a week that has compound movements ONLY.. I just have little comment here,,, is it ok if I do abs workout on the rest days though?? thanks

So, how about that guys:

Monday

Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Barbell Row ( 4X6 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Tuesday

Wednesday
    Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Deadlift ( 3X5 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Thuresday

Friday
    Squat ( 4X6 )
    Bench Press ( 4X6 )
    Barbell Row ( 4X6 )
    Push-ups ( 3X10 )
    Dips ( 3X10 )

Saturday

Sunday
    Rest

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    to much pressing and not enough pulling

Run something like this

Squat
    ohp
    bent over row
    pull ups

Squat
    bench
    db row
    chins

Squat
    deadlift
    bench press
    lat pull down
    OG

Run something like this

Squat
    ohp
    bent over row
    pull ups

Squat
    bench
    db row
    chins

Squat
    deadlift
    bench press
    lat pull down

the question is is it ok to through some isolation exercises randomly, or should I stick to one program ?? and I like the clean power and press, or should i just do ohp as you stated?? thanks

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    We'll seeing as you have made up your mind, look into the jim wendler frequency project, it's 6 days a week with a compound every workout followed by relevant assistance, but serious you prolly don't have the training knowledge and understand of your own body and how it reacts to implement the frequency project successfully
    This is correct ^

Heavy compounds 6 to 7 days a week DO have a place in lifting but not for gaining mass. Oly lifters lift heavy and lift high frequency. The whole Bulgarian training method is based on it. But believe me it's not easy, is most definitely NOT a hypertrophy program and unless you have substantial experience in compound lifts and know how to listen to your body you should keep well clear.

The rest of the advice you have been given on this thread is what you need to be listening to.

For now, keep it simple. Keep it basic.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

Originally Posted by AlanApe View Post
    This is correct ^

Heavy compounds 6 to 7 days a week DO have a place in lifting but not for gaining mass. Oly lifters lift heavy and lift high frequency. The whole Bulgarian training method is based on it. But believe me it's not easy, is most definitely NOT a hypertrophy program and unless you have substantial experience in compound lifts and know how to listen to your body you should keep well clear.

The rest of the advice you have been given on this thread is what you need to be listening to.

For now, keep it simple. Keep it basic.
    thank you for the advice.. would you mind telling me your advice about the plan I just added!! is it good? how would you modify it??

superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Run something like this

Squat
    ohp
    bent over row
    pull ups

Squat
    bench
    db row
    chins

Squat
    deadlift
    bench press
    lat pull down
    Boom, there you go.

Originally Posted by superreise2 View Post
    Boom, there you go.
    as I mention before, is it ok to through some isolation exercises like curls and dips, or should I stick to this program ?? and I like the (clean and press),can I replace OHP with this?? thanks brother

Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as I mention before, is it ok to through some isolation exercises like curls and dips, or should I stick to this program ?? and I like the (clean and press),can I replace OHP with this?? thanks brother
    Try running the program for 2 months before adding in isolation stuff. If anything, its worth the lesson of how much stimulation your secondary muscles get when doing compounds. when you have a handle on the lifts in the program Jason posted, then you can supplement with curls and dips (although at that point you should just run JasonDB's novice 5x5 in the stickies).
    Muscles For Marriage: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166041651

Ten Lifting Commandments: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153518741

Originally Posted by Judge248 View Post
    Try running the program for 2 months before adding in isolation stuff. If anything, its worth the lesson of how much stimulation your secondary muscles get when doing compounds. when you have a handle on the lifts in the program Jason posted, then you can supplement with curls and dips (although at that point you should just run JasonDB's novice 5x5 in the stickies).
    ok thank you so much.. any other suggestion is welcome..