ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lost motivation today.

basically i went to the gym today, i was doing good for taking a month off. then i decided to go heavy again, i had 2 friends to help spot.
    i decided to try and bench a weight ive never benched before and failed, i went for 275lbs i came up half way and failed arms started going backdown,
    as soon as we rack the bar up, im now more aware of the of ppl around me and i just hear some guy laughing and telling his friends how i dropped the weight
    on my self. i didnt see who said it and my friends were to focused from pre-workout to even notice, but after that i lost all my motivation to even try and workout
    if you're wondering i do have self esteem/confidence issues. just wondering if this has happened to anyone and how do you get your confidence back?

GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000) GP20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't mind that guy he's just a dick. Just think about why people use spotters? Because they are lifting a heavy ass weight and they might fail and need support to re rack the bar. I think this scenario has happened to the majority of lifters at one stage or another, to push your boundaries you can't be afraid to fail, so what if you went a little too heavy, at least you are trying to progress!
    In regards to that guy, it is hard to ignore someone like that, however who's opinion do you care about, that dick or your friends? I don't think your friends or any of the serious lifters in the gym were laughing. I myself have had some self esteem issues in the past in different aspects of my life and I learned to overcome those issues by telling myself over and over again that I don't give a fuk about what other people think of me or if someone laughs at me, at the end of the day I don't care about them, I care about myself, my friends and my family. There is a very good video I discovered recently on one of these forums that might help you in that regard. I can't post the link yet but type in "Rashad Evans - I don't give a ****" into Youtube.
    Hope this helps brah!
    "I see you have a chip on your shoulder. Carry it for life and it will weigh you down. Be like me, a balanced man, with a chip on each shoulder."

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you had a month off and failed at a weight you've never tried before? Don't sweat about it! You'll get there!

And don't care about what other people think about your level. You are at your level and you aren't racing anybody (or are you?). Pick yourself up, get strong and try again.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

yungsolider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat sleep lift - do it for yourself, F*** anyone who tries to judge you who the F*** is he to judge you!!! only you can judge you becasue only you will know what you have gone through and will go through to make changes!!

ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not racing anyone just trying to get to that next level. i was always less athletic than everyone growing up but these past 3 months of going to the gym
    has finally gave me a bit of confidence in my body and strength. just thinking about someone watching me fail so they can laugh rubbed me the wrong way
    about working out now. the rest of the time i was at the gym i felt they might still be staring at me and laughing or what if ppl are just watching me so they
    can entertain themselves about everything i do wrong. i will watch that youtube video hopefully it restores something in me.

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't even worry about it!!! Whom even gives one chit???

But, a month off, why so long?

Also I Lol'd at your friends hectic focus from pre workout!!
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

Originally Posted by Danmacca View Post
    Don't even worry about it!!! Whom even gives one chit???

But, a month off, why so long?

Also I Lol'd at your friends hectic focus from pre workout!!
    had 2 weeks off cause of car troubles had a loaner truck from friend but not worth the gas money, then i tried to go back 1 week but only did 1 day of back workouts.
    and last week was my vacation so i just wanted to get some rest and fix car which i finally did. i dont get that focus thing ppl get from preworkouts so its funny to me
    when i see the look on their face and their face is stuck on the weights just staring at it like if its gonna go somewhere.

Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100) Bergivation is not very well liked. (-100)
    If someone was judging you, then you did something to get his attention. Very few people have that effect on others. 275 is nothing to joke about and is an impressive number - especially given your height and weight. This guy is most likely jealous because if he were to try and get 275 off the rack he would fail before even putting his hands on the bar.

Don't pay attention to the haters or give their opinions weight. They didn't have anything to do with your success, so don't give them the opportunity to bring you down. Focus on you and keep at it... I have no doubt you'll be able to get 275 within 2 weeks.

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Who cares what people think of you in the gym. Your there for you and you only. Those people laughing at you got nothing better to do but to chit-chat with their friends. They probably judged you in front of their friends so they could look smart.

Even if you did find out who said it, so what? What are you going to do? Go over there and beat the living crap out of them? Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Why did you lose motivation over something so small like that? True motivation is motivation that's a part of who you are and never fades. It's a fire that can't be put out. You lost motivation and confidence because you gave it away. You let them take it.
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com

Originally Posted by leroylavey View Post
    Who cares what people think of you in the gym. Your there for you and you only. Those people laughing at you got nothing better to do but to chit-chat with their friends. They probably judged you in front of their friends so they could look smart.

Even if you did find out who said it, so what? What are you going to do? Go over there and beat the living crap out of them? Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Why did you lose motivation over something so small like that? True motivation is motivation that's a part of who you are and never fades. It's a fire that can't be put out. You lost motivation and confidence because you gave it away. You let them take it.
    youre right, i slept on it and talked to a few ppl. they all told me the samething to just stick with it and i will get there, i just dont like the idea that im trying to get stronger being someones
    reason to make fun of me.i wouldnt have confronted anyone about it but would have liked to ask them why its so funny to them. so far everyone ive met has always giving me advice about
    working out and been really friendly so this is the first time i encounter something like this at the gym. believe me its not the first time i failed normally i fail and get back in for another set but this time
    idk i just lost my focus/motivation like if i hit a wall i also got mad but knew i couldnt do anything about it.