arthurjohng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back to where I was...

Wow... I just looked at myself in the mirror and realized how far I'd fallen. Six months ago I took a sales manager job with a very large corporate gym. I figured that I'd make good money and be around people with the same mindset as me, worst decision I ever made. In addition to the 70+ hour, 6 day a week work schedule they had me working, I lost my desire to work out. The last thing I wanted to do was spend more time in that prison. I've gone from 250 and about 18% body fat to 262 and 27% in 6 months. It's amazing how quickly your body will deteriorate if you don't take care of it. I stopped eating right, stopped lifting, stopped cardio, even stopped reading. All I wanted to do was go home and watch tv, eat something terrible and go to sleep and do it all over again. I quit that job not to long ago, top 5 happiest days of my life, I realized that what's the point of anything if you aren't happy? So I'm starting this thread as a way to remind myself to stay happy and stay strong (and to shame myself in the eyes of the BodySpace hahaha). My game plan is simple. 2 a days and revamped diet. I'm doing steady state cardio in the mornings, my apartment has no gym so if I don't feel like driving to the gym I'm jumping rope. and lifting at nite with another 20-30 min of cardio. Lifting schedule is M-Back T-Tris W-Legs Th-Bis F-chest S-shoulders Sunday-cardio only. My diet is a mix of Paleo and the Dolce Diet, I'm focused on whole foods but I am supplementing until I can get a new juicer and go full Dolce. I'm taking Ceullucor C4 pre workout, BSN Amino X for BCAA, and MHP Dark Matter post workout. I'm also using an Omega 369 and Flexacil for my joints. I'm only drinking water and brewed green tea. I'm going to try to post every day and put what I eat and what I did in the gym. I'm NASM certified, a former Golden Gloves Boxer and played AAU summer basketball, I always thought I had awesome genetics and and insane metabolism. College changed all that and inspired to me to get my CPT. I was looking at myself and wondering where the guy I used to be went, I'm starting my road back and documenting my way. Please leave any questions, encouragements, or tips here. I'm in Dallas so if anyone wants to have a "earned meal" give me a shout haha.

This picture was taken this morning pre cardio.
    Attached Images

This morning I did 1 hour on the elliptical, resistance at 5 incline at 5, 4.5 miles.

Breakfast, Dolce Diet Breakfast bow, buckwheat with blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, bananna, cinnamon, and flax seed. 1 liter water, 20 oz green tea. Snack- apple. Lunch- turkey burger, 97% lean turkey, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup wheat germ, salt, pepper, hot sauce, makes 5 burgers. Snack, Oberto Jerky. Dinner, 6oz Tilapia on the Foreman grill and 3/4 cup brown rice with hot sauce. Downloaded several Onnit Labs and Dolce Diet podcasts for cardio. Also downloaded the last few Jason Ellis Shows off Sirius onto my phone. I forgot how quickly the cardio goes when you're listening to something in formative.

Back days are always my favorite. Last nite I did 5x8 assisted pullups (110 lbs). 5x5 deadlifts with 275lbs. Bent over BB rows 4x8 135lbs. Lat Tower 3x15 110lbs. And I finished off with TRX rows 4x8. Ace Hood Bugatti just get me going, if I don't feel ike the gym, I have to put that on.

Cardio this morning 45 min at 5/5. 3.4 miles. Onnit Podcast.

I won't lie, lunch was a cheat meal. Tuesdays at Which Wich are double points so I have to hit that up haha. Breakfast was 4 egg whites/2 eggs and green tea. Lunch was a 10in buffalo chicken sandwhich with swiss cheese and avacado on wheat bread. Dinner was fish and rice. Triceps tonite, did 5x8 dips, 5x5 close grip bench with 155, incline skull crushers 4x8 at 70, rope pushdowns 3x15 at 70 and finished up with TRX tri exts 4x8. 20 min of cardio at 5/5 on the elliptical and some Black Keys and I was done.