melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)

Shoulder pain doing dips

I've been doing them for quite some time, slowly adding weight. Yesterday, I had 50lbs on the dip belt (a weight I had done before just fine), I got set up, and upon lowering myself, I felt a pain in my left shoulder, and there was no way I could do even 1 dip. I took all the weight off, and just tried body weight, same result. It's not exactly a sharp pain, but it's fairly pronounced while mid-dip. Just standing around, I barely felt anything wrong. I was even able to do incline close grip bench press and DB flat bench press without so much as a minor amount of pain.

The pain itself seemed to radiate from the space in between the anterior and lateral deltoid. When I woke up this morning, I didn't notice any additional pain or soreness, and my ROM is the same as it always was. I tried 1 body weight dip and the same location felt like someone was pushing on a bruise, but I was able to do the dip.

I took the usual precautions, ibuprofen and ice. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what this might be, and what else should/could I be doing to prevent further injury?
    Last Meet:
    April 16, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZbWY-FVw0)
    1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift)

Next Meet:
    August 6, 2016
    GOALS: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift)

Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by melvin2345 View Post
    I've been doing them for quite some time, slowly adding weight. Yesterday, I had 50lbs on the dip belt (a weight I had done before just fine), I got set up, and upon lowering myself, I felt a pain in my left shoulder, and there was no way I could do even 1 dip. I took all the weight off, and just tried body weight, same result. It's not exactly a sharp pain, but it's fairly pronounced while mid-dip. Just standing around, I barely felt anything wrong. I was even able to do incline close grip bench press and DB flat bench press without so much as a minor amount of pain.

The pain itself seemed to radiate from the space in between the anterior and lateral deltoid. When I woke up this morning, I didn't notice any additional pain or soreness, and my ROM is the same as it always was. I tried 1 body weight dip and the same location felt like someone was pushing on a bruise, but I was able to do the dip.

I took the usual precautions, ibuprofen and ice. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what this might be, and what else should/could I be doing to prevent further injury?
    I've had shoulder pain doing weighted dips, but mine was definitely in the posterior deltoid. I aggravated it doing bench I believe, and lifted with it hurt for several months. The military sent me away where I couldn't lift for several months, and it was gone when I came back. I remember it also hurt slightly with heavy bench, but really hurt returning cable fly back to the machine. I could do decline bench with no pain at all, however. If it isn't sharp pain, I'd let it heal up and take things easy.
    *Will Do Pullups for Reps Crew*
    *I Bench with Bumpers to Look Strong Crew*

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?