MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile program to follow?

Hi all!

I am new to the forum but have been lifting weights for a few years. I have been following p90x for the last year or so...and circuit training at the gym on other days. I used to focus more on lifting and less on cardio. Since i have switched to the p90 x i have actually put on fat . I try to eat clean but now i am ready to get serious. I need to drop about 15 lbs of body fat. I have been using lee labrada's lean body trainer for the last few days, but i want to get advice from ladies with more knowledge to see if i chose a program that will deliver results. If not...what do you suggest?

Thanks!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eating clean doesn't mean anything. If your focus is fat loss you need to get yourself in a calorie deficit.

Here's a few programs you can check into:

Starting Strength Routine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Bill Star’s 5 x 5 Programs

http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

All Pro’s Beginner Routine

http://simplebeginnerroutine.wikia.c...r_Routine_Wiki

Lyle McDonald’s Routine

http://www.jcdfitness.com/2009/01/ly...lking-routine/

Good luck and welcome!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What does your diet look like?

Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Eating clean doesn't mean anything. If your focus is fat loss you need to get yourself in a calorie deficit.

Here's a few programs you can check into:
    Thanks for the useful links! I'm definitely bookmarking this thread.

MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrsCJ1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the useful links. I am going to take a look at these programs and see what would be a good fit!!

As for my diet, I always start my day with 3 egg whites, and egg and a half cup of oats. For lunch I typically have a spinach salad with chicken and veggies and rice cakes. For snacks I tend to have a fruit with peanut butter of pb2 or cottage cheese with fruit. Sometimes I will have rice cakes with peanut butter or pb2. Dinner usually consists of some sort of carb (Rice, bread, etc.) , protein (typically chicken or fish) and veggie. I us My Fitness Pal and have my macros set to 40/30/30. I usually consume anywhere between 1400-1900 calories, depending on the day and whether or not I have a protein shake.

Any suggestions? I only seem to lose weight on a major calorie deficit, but I know that is not the way to do it so I'm trying my best to stay away from that approach.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrsCJ1 View Post
    Thanks for the useful links. I am going to take a look at these programs and see what would be a good fit!!

As for my diet, I always start my day with 3 egg whites, and egg and a half cup of oats. For lunch I typically have a spinach salad with chicken and veggies and rice cakes. For snacks I tend to have a fruit with peanut butter of pb2 or cottage cheese with fruit. Sometimes I will have rice cakes with peanut butter or pb2. Dinner usually consists of some sort of carb (Rice, bread, etc.) , protein (typically chicken or fish) and veggie. I us My Fitness Pal and have my macros set to 40/30/30. I usually consume anywhere between 1400-1900 calories, depending on the day and whether or not I have a protein shake.

Any suggestions? I only seem to lose weight on a major calorie deficit, but I know that is not the way to do it so I'm trying my best to stay away from that approach.

I would set daily calories around 1800. This is good place to start and as long as you track accordingly, you should see normal steady loss.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I would set daily calories around 1800. This is good place to start and as long as you track accordingly, you should see normal steady loss.
    Thanks! I will. Do macros matter much?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrsCJ1 View Post
    Thanks! I will. Do macros matter much?
    LOL. Yes. Read the links. Protein is critical for muscle maintenance/growth, and fat is also very important. Carbs have their role as well but less critical.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."