Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by badackerhunter View Post
    Would a very light warmup with weights count as a stretch?
    If you focus on range of motion, I would say yes.

Also, stretching REAAAAAAAAALLY helped me on squats. I used to barely hit parallel just cause I'm not the most flexible guy. Stretching by bending my knees to the point where my butt was a** to the grass, feet flat on the ground, and bouncing up and down from that position to around parallel and back down to the grass (i hope that makes sense, in other words I sit at the bottom of a squat and bounce up and down from there) a few times really gets my hips loose and allows me to get really deep on squats.

andrewjohn1317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am really grateful for your guide,,,

i liked it and thanks for this advice.i will help me to work well during my office time i will we thankful to you.

Thanks for these info's....it's great..
    Get FREE Stuff , Products and Coupons http://www.munchkinsandwich.com/free-stuff-UK

JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JERWlN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    as the hodgetwins once said - you don't want to go into the gym creampie'ing everything - take it nice and slow with some foreplay action..

I always stretch for atleast 10-20 mins before starting to get into my usual routine, why?
    - better pump.
    - injury prevention

esp on shoulder day, you don't want to phuck up your rotator cuffs..
    Last edited by JERWlN; 05-01-2015 at 06:33 AM. Reason: typo

jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jellyayer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JERWlN View Post
    as the hodgetwins once said - you don't want to go into the gym creampie'ing everything - take it nice and slow with some foreplay action..

I always stretch for atleast 10-20 mins before starting to get into my usual routine, why?
    - better pump.
    - injury prevention

esp on shoulder day, you don't want to phuck up your rotator cuffs..

I've never been too into the stretching, but then again I never go super heavy. I do always make sure to do a warmup set (or two, when it comes to squats).

lemonserpent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lemonserpent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lemonserpent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally don't stretch before my workouts but highly recommend stretching post workout when the blood volume is high in and around the muscles. This promotes stretching of the fascia which will promote muscle growth because the fascia will no longer be compressing the muscle.

ibbobaba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I want big arms....

Hello friends iam 17 years old and want to increase d size of my arms so can anyone suggest me workout and diet as i liive in India

Sniffogainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sniffogainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sniffogainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    brommers hindabuilding

MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great advice
    Visit my youtube channel for muscle building exercises and tips

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40NNUZfW4VM-dLPnW3wLug

mochimario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought stretching reduced gains
    Especially static stretching.
    I only stretch lightly after runs to maximise gains and recovery

doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100)
    could't agree more.

New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) New2thisSite has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Thx!

What are your favorite stretch from this website?

Start with your worst body part (ie : hamstring) and focus only on this. Add other muscles as you get used to your stretching routine. You have to start somewhere

30 sec stretch is really common. I study kinesiology and my teachers tell us there is no difference between 15 s stretch, 30s stretch or 60 s stretch. I guess they just never tried to srsly improve the flexibility of someone.
    i have been stretching for over a month, diffrent position (legs,arms) and each position i make lasts atleast 10-20 seconds, are you saying that i havnt really made gains? and i should focus on just one move for 3-5 minutes?

TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000) TBoneBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do a quad stretch where I kneel down, then lay back over my feet. From there I can't get up so basically have to endure it for a few minutes until I can roll out of it. Not reccommeding this stretch, its probably bad for your knees, but its just my tuppence worth.

~TBoneBrah

edwardjiang7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a very good thread. Thanks for the information.

Xempes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Goddamn, I haven't stretched in over a year lmao

Registered User MoeKhalil122201's Avatar
    MoeKhalil122201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Needed to know this haha, thank you.

PTJAY1900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome post!

Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This was very helpful.

anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stretching is definitely important. Yoga, Taichi and other stretching exercises improves muscle flexibility and moreover it is said bodybuilding makes your muscle stiff so it is extremely important to do srtretching to avoid unnecessary injury.

anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome post..thanks

Fancy190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was speaking with a gymnast and I learned many things.

If you are not stretching...you are doing it wrong :
    It is important to improve the flexibility of tight muscles for :
    -Injury prevention
    -More efficient position, especially for squat
    -Better posture

If you dont stretch regularly...you are doing it wrong :
    Stretching is like muscle building. Frequency is the key. Flexibility gains are temporary (like the pump after a training) and it takes time, practice and patience to see permanent gains.
    For optimal flexibility gains, stretch :
    -Once or twice a day
    -More than 3x a week
    -For at least 2-3 months

If you stretch for ~1 minute or less...you are doing it wrong :
    During the first 1-2 minutes of stretching, your muscles are resisting. In other words, it takes at least 1 minute to start stretching the muscles fibers.
    To get permanent results :
    -Stretch for 3-5 minutes NON-STOP
    -Increased the pressure on the stretched muscles over this time. Ask a partner to push on you or use your own bodyweight to apply more and more pressure.

Quick recipe to success :
    -Stretch
    -1 or 2x a day
    -3 to 7 day a week
    -Slowly increase the tension

If you have flexibility issue for certain exercises (especially for squat), stretching as a part of your warm up might improve your form. Tight hip external rotators, quads and adductors are common among lifters and it can cause excessive leaning and/or buttwink. Look out for hips opening stretching if you have this problem. Tight pectoral muscle and poor scapular mobility can hinder your presses (flat and over head).

Stretching a muscle for 3-5 minutes might seem time consuming for some of you. Here is a simple tips : pick 2-3 muscles that really need better flexibility. Example : quads, hip external rotators and adductor for a better squat position. Focus on them until you see permanent gains, then focus on another body parts.
    Great info, thanks bro!!!

apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apipony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It is great post, i learnt a lot...sometimes i hurt myself when doing gym.

gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100) gnidliubydob58 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't stretch expect my legs a bit.

Registered User FutureAesthetic's Avatar
    FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FutureAesthetic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    saved the link to this

thanks =)

johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Never stretched in my life, never will stretch, waste of time.

workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    really need to start this
    Sig line can't be a novel

skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnyphs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I stretch for hip flexibility also it's improve my box jump by 10 inches

akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I need to get on this.. I need find some good stretches that will work for me and that I could do great thread

karrling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was speaking with a gymnast and I learned many things.

If you are not stretching...you are doing it wrong :
    It is important to improve the flexibility of tight muscles for :
    -Injury prevention
    -More efficient position, especially for squat
    -Better posture

If you dont stretch regularly...you are doing it wrong :
    Stretching is like muscle building. Frequency is the key. Flexibility gains are temporary (like the pump after a training) and it takes time, practice and patience to see permanent gains.
    For optimal flexibility gains, stretch :
    -Once or twice a day
    -More than 3x a week
    -For at least 2-3 months

If you stretch for ~1 minute or less...you are doing it wrong :
    During the first 1-2 minutes of stretching, your muscles are resisting. In other words, it takes at least 1 minute to start stretching the muscles fibers.
    To get permanent results :
    -Increased the pressure on the stretched muscles over this time. Ask a partner to push on you or use your own bodyweight to apply more and more pressure.

Quick recipe to success :
    -Stretch
    -1 or 2x a day
    -3 to 7 day a week
    -Slowly increase the tension

If you have flexibility issue for certain exercises (especially for squat), stretching as a part of your warm up might improve your form. Tight hip external rotators, quads and adductors are common among lifters and it can cause excessive leaning and/or buttwink. Look out for hips opening stretching if you have this problem. Tight pectoral muscle and poor scapular mobility can hinder your presses (flat and over head).

Stretching a muscle for 3-5 minutes might seem time consuming for some of you. Here is a simple tips : pick 2-3 muscles that really need better flexibility. Example : quads, hip external rotators and adductor for a better squat position. Focus on them until you see permanent gains, then focus on another body parts.
    I will say, although stretching is extremely important, studies have been done proving that (in most cases) stretching before workouts and performances does not enhance your workout, but actually stunts your performance. Dynamic is better before workouts and activities, longer stretching should be done to relax and after activity.

FrostbiteFitnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree on the stretching

Frodoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks!