AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Problem with SL 5x5

Hey dudes, I just recently bought a gym membership and am going to start the 5x5 SL - That's all fine but I'm bothered that I am paying for the gym and am only going 3 times a week. I want to go on off days as well. Are there any isolation exercises or something that I can do in the gym on tuesdays and thursdays that won't hinder my SL program efficiency?

mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The rest days are there because your body needs to rest. More isn't always better

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are lifting Mon, Wed, Fri, use the Sat to do your biceps, triceps, calves and abs. 2-3 exercises per body part should be fine.

If you are really keen, add a day of HIIT on Tue or Thu. If you are cutting you could do both.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

"Nothing will slow your progress like a negative mindset."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't jerk around with the program. Run it as it is designed.
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There will be plenty of time for isolations once you come to a standstill on SL. For now, trust the program, and kill it when you are in the gym.
    "Strength is the product of struggle. You must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t" – Henry Rollins

The stronger you are, the lighter the world feels.

Recovering from surgery on my femur.
    Going for 300/400/500 by 9/11/2014.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160872501

AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AGdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rjohndrew13 View Post
    There will be plenty of time for isolations once you come to a standstill on SL. For now, trust the program, and kill it when you are in the gym.
    I know, and I trust a program so established, I just don't wanna waste half of the days that I'm paying for - So just wondering if at least I can go to the gym to do anything there (I'm bulking so cardio is out of the question, thinking of maybe doing isolation exercises for some body parts that might be lagging.)

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AGDude, something tells me you just want to hear that it's ok to do isolations. But really, leave the isolations out of it for now. I'd either rest or do light cardio if you're really that addicted to the gym.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    AGDude, something tells me you just want to hear that it's ok to do isolations. But really, leave the isolations out of it for now. I'd either rest or do light cardio if you're really that addicted to the gym.
    I assure you it's not the case, I love squats, bench, DL and have no problem with those exercises, I just feel that paying the gym 7 days a week and only going 3 times gives me the feeling I'm paying for things I'm not using (Being a student, overpaying something is a pretty big issue).

One more additional question: I am considering between a full body WO or a split - I'd love to try both - how long do I have to stick with a program to compare results? Would like 4 weeks on one and 4 on the other be enough? Or are 6 or more weeks required?

mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10) mariusdeac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fullbody would work better if you are a beginner.

mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try to complete the program cycle for the best results then move on. I think 5x5 is 6 weeks? I'm not sure though

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AGdude View Post
    One more additional question: I am considering between a full body WO or a split - I'd love to try both - how long do I have to stick with a program to compare results? Would like 4 weeks on one and 4 on the other be enough? Or are 6 or more weeks required?
    If you are going to change the program that much, you're not doing the program. Which is fine, but maybe you would be happier doing something like WSFSB III. You could do the 4 day template, it's a very solid program.

MONDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
    TUESDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
    WEDNESDAY – Off
    THURSDAY – Repetition Upper Body
    FRIDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
    SATURDAY – Off
    SUNDAY – Off

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50) adgattoni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Think of it this way: if you mess up a routine and it gives you less than expected results, you have wasted more of your money on the gym membership than by only going 3/7 days per week. If you use a known, well-established routine, go by it and don't deviate from it. Your investment in the gym membership will yield more return that way.

coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolwavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's fine to do SL5x5 on offdays, just change the intensity/volume and you could do variations of the compound movements.

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    JasonDB's novice 5x5 for bodybuilders in the stickies is simply SL5x5 plus a HUGE amount of accessory work. Lots of people have had great results. So it just goes to show that it is possible to make changes. If you did that routine, you'd definitely get your money's worth in 3 days. But in my opinion you should do what I suggested earlier and possibly move on to Jason's program 6 months down the track.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

"Nothing will slow your progress like a negative mindset."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AGdude View Post
    At six weeks you would just be beginning to see results on any program. In this case though it is a real simple answer you will do better on a full body.

If you must go to the gym seven days a week start showering there. Just do the damn program.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17