Registered User kendallcarnahan's Avatar
    kendallcarnahan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where are my abs? (serious)

I seem to be really low bodyfat now.. Got some notieceable chest striations..abs show some but are no where near "ripped? Do I lack ab development or is my bf% still too high?
    Attached Images

rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kendallcarnahan View Post
    I seem to be really low bodyfat now.. Got some notieceable chest striations..abs show some but are no where near "ripped? Do I lack ab development or is my bf% still too high?
    Both. You need to do sit ups twice a day, in the morning and in the gym. They can be more visible when you are dehydrated.

tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tohno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well i might not be an expert but all i can say is that you look pretty ripped

SPRPUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you doing abs at the gym? And doing sit ups or some sort of ab exercise before bed also can help.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rutkat View Post
    Both. You need to do sit ups twice a day, in the morning and in the gym. They can be more visible when you are dehydrated.

Lol. No.

OP, just need to get leaner. Do weighted ab work in the gym 2-3x a week

rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JeffyDOS View Post
    Lol. No.
    What doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people.

tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100) tacohen is not very well liked. (-100)
    He is pretty lean, could drop a few percents though. As far as ab development, crunches are not the way to go. Jeffy is correct (although rude), weighted ab workouts aka, more resistance than body weight, and a surplus of calories over maintenance will make them bigger. You want bigger abs? Work them out like you would a bicep...

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you may be lean but you are skinny too. put some mass on you.

shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat clean for a month. No alcohol. Weighted leg raises, weighted crunches, and heavy squats and problem will be solved before summer.

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wut? Not sure is srs.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you even lift?

Bro, you have no muscle on you. How much do you squat? Get a 315 lb squat and you will have abs.

jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people.
    You clearly know very little. Yet another person that thinks doing 1,000 situps is the best way to get abs. Would you do bench twice a day if you were trying to get a bigger chest? Thought not!!!!

RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RyanOMalley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Muscle > Abs

bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50) bvolkovinski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Faust24 View Post
    Do you even lift?

Bro, you have no muscle on you. How much do you squat? Get a 315 lb squat and you will have abs.
    ^ This.
    Aim for overall muscle development and the abs will come, especially since you are already very lean.
    My 1 year training progress. 155-180 pounds March 2012-March 2013.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152805933

First cut. 193- 184lbs May 2014-June 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162604171

Instagram @BP_VOLK for updates on diet/workouts!

johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyj411 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Planks.
    ~Roll F'n Tide! crew~
    ~Atlanta Braves crew~
    ~Tennesse Titans crew~
    ~Forever cutting crew~
    ~Only drink water crew~
    ~Running crew~
    ~Listen to at least one Deftones song a day crew~
    ~Never dreamer bulking again crew~
    ~Prius crew~
    ~Wear shorts all year around crew~

Registered User kendallcarnahan's Avatar
    kendallcarnahan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the helpful comments. Yes I actually lift..Although I haven only been lifting for 8 months. Also, I want a little more muscle than i got, but I am not trying to be a bodybuilder or anything. Im an actor/model so I need some what of a normal look leaking look.

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kendallcarnahan View Post
    Leg lifts/leg raises will hit the bottom abs.
    Additionally, most water weight is kept in the lower abs.
    You do ab work 2-3x a week? Probably not.
    505 / 315 / 545

Originally Posted by jedi-dude View Post
    You clearly know very little. Yet another person that thinks doing 1,000 situps is the best way to get abs. Would you do bench twice a day if you were trying to get a bigger chest? Thought not!!!!
    Who said 1,000 sit ups? My answer is in response to the OP kendallcarnahan, he clearly looks thin and lean and should put on some muscle. Other posters mention the same thing. (I was not providing general advice.)

When I wake up and do sit-ups first thing, my abs become better visible, than when I do no sit-ups at all. See photo for reference: my-abs-comparison.jpg

mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10) mixteam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ab straps helped me out a ton. Those workouts are tough. Also you look young still, don't worry keep working hard and they will show up.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who said 1,000 sit ups? My answer is in response to the OP kendallcarnahan, he clearly looks thin and lean and should put on some muscle. Other posters mention the same thing. (I was not providing general advice.)

When I wake up and do sit-ups first thing, my abs become better visible, than when I do no sit-ups at all. See photo for reference: Attachment 5663571
    Why suggest to do something 2x a day that can be done 2-3x a week and yield better results?

steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tacohen View Post
    He is pretty lean, could drop a few percents though. As far as ab development, crunches are not the way to go. Jeffy is correct (although rude), weighted ab workouts aka, more resistance than body weight, and a surplus of calories over maintenance will make them bigger. You want bigger abs? Work them out like you would a bicep...
    This is exactly right. Weighted abs. Crunch machine if you have one and pile on the weight. grab some dumbbells and hop on the decline bench. OP your bf is low so you are right about that.

Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyiero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Faust24 View Post
    Do you even lift?

^ this your abdominal region will start to grow in size as your heavy lifts grow that require your core to be strong in order to support the lift. Also you don't have alot of mass. also your prolly sitting at 12-13% body fat. Your lean but your not "that" lean