Peterguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down eating well, training and still feeling like crap!

Till about a few weeks ago I was underweight and I never took nutrition seriously as I used to skip meals at school and even at home. Then I started feeling weak and calculated how much I was eating, and sometimes I diddn't even reach 1000calories per day! Then I came here and read the stickies and calculated my TDE and it was 1,700cal. Now I have a TDE of 1,900cal and I've been eating that amount for a few weeks. I GAINED about 1 pound per week for a month (4 pounds in 1 month after started eating well). HOWEVER, I still feel very weak and tired after 6pm. I work out 3 times per week ( 60 minutes weightlifting each time and NO cardio). I often feel tired after my workouts, and also very weak at night. I don't know how this happens because I'm eating well and GAINING weight each week help please!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should schedule a visit with a physician to evaluate your health and the root cause of your extreme dieting.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You should schedule a visit with a physician to evaluate your health and the root cause of your extreme dieting.
    I never extreme dieted! I just had a lot of things to do at university and never cared to eat anything except breakfast, dinner and some snack in the afternoon. Now I'm eating around 1,900 calories and have been gaining weight (some muscle definition too)!! how can it be that i gain weight and still feel weak i dont know

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Peterguy View Post
    I never extreme dieted! I just had a lot of things to do at university and never cared to eat anything except breakfast, dinner and some snack in the afternoon. Now I'm eating around 1,900 calories and have been gaining weight (some muscle definition too)!! how can it be that i gain weight and still feel weak i dont know
    because your 5'9 at 133. keep eating i suggest you eat in a 10-20% surplus and ensure hitting your fats/proteins/micros. strength will come and feeling tired should go away once you bump up your calories.

N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump your intake up another 500 calories and see how you feel in the subsequent days ahead. Based on your height and weight it seems that you're in need of a serious bulk.
    I rep those who make real progress.
    500+

Originally Posted by N54 View Post
    Bump your intake up another 500 calories and see how you feel in the subsequent days ahead. Based on your height and weight it seems that you're in need of a serious bulk.
    It wouldnt be a problem on my part to increase caloric intake, but I'm already gaining some weight week after week! with another 500calories I could probably be at a big surplus resulting into bodyfat :s

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    amen!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WonderPug again
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    It wouldnt be a problem on my part to increase caloric intake, but I'm already gaining some weight week after week! with another 500calories I could probably be at a big surplus resulting into bodyfat :s
    you need to evaluate whether you want to follow a path of good health, or in time end up in a hospital bed. your choice
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000)

-

Till about a few weeks ago I was underweight and I never took nutrition seriously as I used to skip meals at school and even at home. Then I started feeling weak and calculated how much I was eating, and sometimes I diddn't even reach 1000calories per day! Then I came here and read the stickies and calculated my TDE and it was 1,700cal. Now I have a TDE of 1,900cal and I've been eating that amount for a few weeks. I GAINED about 1 pound per week for a month (4 pounds in 1 month after started eating well). HOWEVER, I still feel very weak and tired after 6pm. I work out 3 times per week ( 60 minutes weightlifting each time and NO cardio). I often feel tired after my workouts, and also very weak at night. I don't know how this happens because I'm eating well and GAINING weight each week help please!
    Hey! I think you have anaemia. I had the same problem, i went to the doctor and he prescribed me iron tablets, after a while i feel like I'm full of energy

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your maintenance seems really low. It seems you could have messed up your metabolism, so what seems like enough (on the scale) isn't enough for your body?

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You've been eating so little, intentionally or otherwise, that you'll have given yourself some serious issues including metabolic damage. These won't be fixed immediately. My opinion is that, at your stats, you should immediately bump your calories further and just not bother too much about fat gain as at 5'9 133 you must be emaciated. Alternatively you could add the calories more slowly as your metabolism recovers (ie add calories when you see the weight gain stop, which it will), but be prepared to keep feeling weak and drained for a while longer if you do so.

I can't begin to fathom how you ate less than 1,000 kcal a day by mistake just as a result of being busy.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152860011 - My log. It has a ****gy name, but don't hold that against it.

I don't rep back.

Originally Posted by Ronaldp2 View Post
    of course I want good health! so my maintenance is around 1,900 according to the stickies, but gained weight for 3 whole weeks with that amount. should I increase caloric intake just the same? if yes, slowly about 10-20% would be good ?
    correct
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    You've been eating so little, intentionally or otherwise, that you'll have given yourself some serious issues including metabolic damage. These won't be fixed immediately. My opinion is that, at your stats, you should immediately bump your calories further and just not bother too much about fat gain as at 5'9 133 you must be emaciated. Alternatively you could add the calories more slowly as your metabolism recovers (ie add calories when you see the weight gain stop, which it will), but be prepared to keep feeling weak and drained for a while longer if you do so.

I can't begin to fathom how you ate less than 1,000 kcal a day by mistake just as a result of being busy.
    I'm pretty much busy all the time. I do like food, especially meats...but being away from home all the time just made me forget about eating.

Originally Posted by MAGnitude View Post
    correct

Thanks! I will do that what I dont understand is how one can be eating that much food, gain some weight while training and still feeling weak!

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm pretty much busy all the time. I do like food, especially meats...but being away from home all the time just made me forget about eating.
    .....no one "forgets" about eating. When you are hungry you eat, its hard to forget when your stomach is grumbling from hunger. get your ED treated and stop trying to hide it. Facing it is the first step.
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ <--- Copy and paste. Lets get this scooby part rollin!!!

Thanks! I will do that what I dont understand is how one can be eating that much food, gain some weight while training and still feeling weak!
    have your recently had some blood tests done?
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

Originally Posted by MAGnitude View Post
    have your recently had some blood tests done?
    yes dude, i have a low hemoglobin and ive been instructed to eat more red meat (and i am eating red meat now)