Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

White rice VS Brown Rice

I ask this because I love eating rice, but people everywhere say switch to brown rice instead of white. I found some infor on the nutritional content of the two---->http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...omparison.html

Other than the fiber benefit, couldn't you just eat less white rice? or is there something else I'm missing?

Isn't the main thing just to watch your macros?
    Army.
    Penn State.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    White rice might be slightly better than brown rice in terms of nutrient bioavailability, but what (if any) rice you consume is just a function of personal preference.

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    Re: brown rice vs white, technically, brown rice would be a slightly inferior choice to white rice from the standpoint of nutrient bioavailability & nitrogen retention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison of the nutritional value between brown rice and white rice

Callegaro Mda D, Tirapegui J. Arq Gastroenterol. 1996 Oct-Dec;33(4):225-31.

Cereals are considered an important source of nutrients both in human and animal nourishment. In this paper nutritional value of brown rice is compared to that of white rice in relation to nutrients. Results show that despite higher nutrients contents of brown rice compared to white rice, experimental data does not provide evidence that the brown rice diet is better than the diet based on white rice. Possible antinutritional factors present in brown rice have adverse effects on bioavailability of this cereal nutrients.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9...ubmed_RVDocSum

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effects of brown rice on apparent digestibility and balance of nutrients in young men on low protein diets

J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 1987 Jun;33(3):207-18. .Miyoshi H, Okuda T, Okuda K, Koishi H.

The effect of brown rice with low protein intake was studied in five healthy young men. Feces were weighed, the digestibility of nutrients was determined, and blood tests were made. Each subject followed a diet consisting mainly of polished rice for 14 days and one consisting mainly of brown rice for 8 days. Both diets contained 0.5 g protein per kg of body weight. The brown rice diet had 3 times as much dietary fiber as the polished rice diet. On the brown rice diet, fecal weight increased, and apparent digestibility of energy, protein, and fat decreased, as did the absorption rates of Na, K, and P. The nitrogen balance was negative on both diets, but more negative on the brown rice diet. The phosphorus balance on the brown rice diet was significantly negative, but other minerals were not affected by the diet. The levels of cholesterol and minerals in the plasma were not significantly different on the polished rice diet and the brown rice diet. Comparing these results with data on standard protein intake (Miyoshi, H. et al (1986) J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol., 32, 581-589.), we concluded that brown rice reduced protein digestibility and nitrogen balance.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...ubmed_RVDocSum

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In terms of body composition, 500 cals from white rice or brown rice is no different. I opt for brown rice due to more fibre.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    White rice might be slightly better than brown rice in terms of nutrient bioavailability, but what (if any) rice you consume is just a function of personal preference.
    ^

And I like white rice way more than brown. White rice is smoother and easier to chew/eat.

I tried making fried rice with brown rice, didn't work, so yeah, white is my personal preference.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) leinenn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat whichever one you like better. Mix the two.. Delicious.

Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks, I appreciate the info man. Could you explain what you mean by bioavailability?

Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    In terms of body composition, 500 cals from white rice or brown rice is no different. I opt for brown rice due to more fibre.
    Well I was thinking that the macros are what matter. if white rice has mroe calories than brown, then 500 cals in white rice would be different:
    1. It would take more brown rice to equal 500 calories(filling me up more, possibly)
    2. More fiber would come in those 500 calories of brown, than white

but yeah I may make that brown rice plunge. I buy my rice in bulk from asian markets, so I have about half of my 20lb bag left. thanks for the help
    Army.
    Penn State.

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    ^

And I like white rice way more than brown. White rice is smoother and easier to chew/eat.

I tried making fried rice with brown rice, didn't work, so yeah, white is my personal preference.
    I've never even had brown rice, does it have more flavor than white? probably a different consistency too huh?
    Army.
    Penn State.

VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Quake215 View Post
    I've never even had brown rice, does it have more flavor than white? probably a different consistency too huh?
    There are different types with different flavors. For instance, Japanese sweet brown rice and standard American long grain brown rice don't taste the same at all. They all share a chewiness that you don't get from white rice, which some people like, while others don't. I like both white and brown rice and make the decision between them based on what I'm cooking at the moment.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bergivation View Post
    The glycemic index of brown rice compared to white is quite different. With 100 being glucose - white rice falls at 89, and brown rice falls at only 50.
    I guess you don't know that GI is largely irrelevant if the OP isn't diabetic and, if he is, than GL would be more relevant.

P.S. Uncle Ben's white rice scores a 38 compared to brown rice at 50. Again, it's not particularly relevant to the OP, even if diabetic, but I just wanted to point this out.

freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100)
    regardless of which rice you use (and I actually prefer brown rice) you should definitely season it with a garlic salt or something of the like. I mix in a little salsa to spice things up, adds flavor. Or veggies of the day. But like they're saying... it's not a big deal. Personal preference.

I don't think there's much of a different in consistency if any. I prefer brown rice because simple/complex... makes it easier for my body to digest.

The glycemic index of brown rice compared to white is quite different. With 100 being glucose - white rice falls at 89, and brown rice falls at only 50. Brown rice, being the middle ground on the glycemic index is also full of nutrients such as dietary fiber and magnesium (magnesium is not one of the nutrients added back into enriched rice). Vitamins B1 & 3, and Iron are added to enriched rice, so if you ask me I would take the overall nutrition of brown rice over white rice.
    I have a lot to learn, idk what the glycemic index is for real.....lol. But if the nutritional benefit is truly worth it, I can put up with sub-par taste.
    Army.
    Penn State.

Originally Posted by VerdantSF View Post
    There are different types with different flavors. For instance, Japanese sweet brown rice and standard American long grain brown rice don't taste the same at all. They all share a chewiness that you don't get from white rice, which some people like, while others don't. I like both white and brown rice and make the decision between them based on what I'm cooking at the moment.
    thanks for that help.
    Army.
    Penn State.

I guess you don't know that GI is largely irrelevant if the OP isn't diabetic and, if he is, than GL would be more relevant.

P.S. Uncle Ben's white rice scores a 38 compared to brown rice at 50. Again, it's not particularly relevant to the OP, even if diabetic, but I just wanted to point this out.
    nah, I'm not diabetic. thanks for the info, I still need to look up this index ya'll are talking about.
    Army.
    Penn State.

Originally Posted by freakgeek View Post
    regardless of which rice you use (and I actually prefer brown rice) you should definitely season it with a garlic salt or something of the like. I mix in a little salsa to spice things up, adds flavor. Or veggies of the day. But like they're saying... it's not a big deal. Personal preference.

I don't think there's much of a different in consistency if any. I prefer brown rice because simple/complex... makes it easier for my body to digest.
    I season my jasmine rice bit with garlic powder, adobo, and cayenne pepper (or actually peppers, depending on if I feel like cutting them). I will try salsa, do you cook it with it or put it on afterwards? If it's easier to digest I'll definitely give it a shot
    Army.
    Penn State.

djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I pretty much stopped eating rice, for the amount of calories it doesn't fill me up at all. Baked potato is now my go to side.

You can get an idea of the glycemic index at the wikipedia entry for it, sorry I can't post links yet! The glycemic index is not only to be used for diabetics - it is a generalized grade of the speed at which glucose is released into the bloodstream. This is important because the slower that food digests and raises glucose levels, the more sustained energy one has when eating it. This is why you have a more constant stream of energy from eating, lets say, beans instead of enriched white breads. Understanding carbohydrate digestion is important to any nutrition program, because there is a proper time and place for all carbohydrates. This is why we see all these articles preaching WHOLE WHEAT, WHOLE WHEAT, WHOLE WHEAT. They don't work for the bread companies guys, there is a specific goal in mind.
    What utter nonsense.

freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100) freakgeek is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Quake215 View Post
    I season my jasmine rice bit with garlic powder, adobo, and cayenne pepper (or actually peppers, depending on if I feel like cutting them). I will try salsa, do you cook it with it or put it on afterwards? If it's easier to digest I'll definitely give it a shot
    Depends- Spanish rice (which I no longer eat) calls for a whole can of tomato paste so I substituted that for 1 cup of salsa.
    but my regular brown rice, I don't cook it in there, just mix after.

MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've replaced white rice with brown rice and mix quinoa in with my brown rice. From what I've read and heard, quinoa provides much more nutritional benefits. I am no professional/expert on quinoa so do not quote me on that being 100% true! lol
    “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Instagram: J_B00G13 (00=zerozero)
    Kik: MrJBoogie

James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) James199117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Now google black rice and pepper your angus... Better than any other rice or carb source.
    Used to be 247lbs 40% body fat.
    My transformation thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153284371&p=1055527371#post1055527371

Started a 22 week contest prep November 8, 2015. Striated glutes or bust.

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What utter nonsense.
    This x100000.

Carbs are carbs when speaking in terms of macronutrients. I prefer white rice to brown rice but usually find myself using both--satisfy taste preferences and micronutrient sufficiency...although when looking at a whole day of eating, choosing one cup of brown rice won't make up too much of your micronutrient intake so therefore, it is largely irrelevant.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can get an idea of the glycemic index at the wikipedia entry for it, sorry I can't post links yet! The glycemic index is not only to be used for diabetics - it is a generalized grade of the speed at which glucose is released into the bloodstream. This is important because the slower that food digests and raises glucose levels, the more sustained energy one has when eating it. This is why you have a more constant stream of energy from eating, lets say, beans instead of enriched white breads. Understanding carbohydrate digestion is important to any nutrition program, because there is a proper time and place for all carbohydrates. This is why we see all these articles preaching WHOLE WHEAT, WHOLE WHEAT, WHOLE WHEAT. They don't work for the bread companies guys, there is a specific goal in mind.
    thats a knee slapper right there! Do you work for some sort of whole grain bread company?

There is an excellent article from directly on the BB website called 'Carbohydrates Are Not The Devil' which supports, scientifically, everything that I stated above. Please look around for science based facts before negging my posts for no reason. I suggest you go ahead and read that before you thing that all carbohydrates are created equal.
    science based?!?!? Is that article you are referring to even have a reference list? Of any randomized control trials or other peer reviewed articles.

You guys seriously think that there is no nutritional difference between a low GI and a high GI food?
    FYI: There are nutritional differences between foods with the same GI.

And we all wonder why people avoid posting. You guys seriously think that there is no nutritional difference between a low GI and a high GI food? PLEASE pick up a book and read on nutrition before trying to tell people things that are so far from reality.
    if I wrote a book which stated that the sky is green, would you believe that?

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    if I wrote a book which stated that the sky is green, would you believe that?
    I could be part of the reference list;

- Dr. Softpounder

Originally Posted by MrJB00G13 View Post
    I've replaced white rice with brown rice and mix quinoa in with my brown rice. From what I've read and heard, quinoa provides much more nutritional benefits. I am no professional/expert on quinoa so do not quote me on that being 100% true! lol
    ? Quinoa has no additional nutritional benefits other than micro profile. Calories are calories, carbs are carbs. Personal preference, brahski.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lots of talk with the assumption that brown gives you more micronutrients than white.

Well, nobody seems to discuss the issue of parboiled rice, which many people eat. For example, Uncle Ben’s 10 minute rice is parboiled, which means “partially boiled.”

In general, the difference between brown rice and white rice is simply whether the bran layer is milled off. With the parboiling process, the white rice is made nearly as nutritious as the brown rice. The effects of parboiling on the rice grain is more complicated than it sounds. The rice grains enter the steamer with their inedible husks still on, and the rice is steamed at 230-240 degrees Fahrenheit. The steam forces B-vitamins and minerals from the outer layers into the starchy center. Later, the husk will be removed and the bran layer milled off. The parboiling results in a milled white rice grain with close to the same nutritional value as a whole grain brown rice. After the parboiling, the rice goes through a drying process for 6 hours. Then it is ready for the mill, where, first the husk, and then the bran layer are removed.
    Keep in mind that when you buy white rice that is enriched with vitamins and iron, that rice has them sprayed on the grain surface – that’s why they say to not wash white rice – the water will rinse off the added “enriched” nutrients.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And we all wonder why people avoid posting. You guys seriously think that there is no nutritional difference between a low GI and a high GI food? PLEASE pick up a book and read on nutrition before trying to tell people things that are so far from reality.
    I will point out that the glycemic index of a particular carbohydrate is essentially useless when other macros, particularly fat, are eaten with said carbohydrate as gastric emptying is slowed. So even for diabetics, if they are going to eat carbs, and they should eat some, it should be accompanied with fat and protein.

Originally Posted by James199117 View Post
    Now google black rice and pepper your angus... Better than any other rice or carb source.
    I googled it, I'm intrigued, but in terms of accesibility, I dont think any stores in my area carry it. I don't want to order it and be stuck with a big bag of it either. Quick question: is it like wild rice? if so, I can't eat it due to an allergy, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post
    This x100000.

Carbs are carbs when speaking in terms of macronutrients. I prefer white rice to brown rice but usually find myself using both--satisfy taste preferences and micronutrient sufficiency...although when looking at a whole day of eating, choosing one cup of brown rice won't make up too much of your micronutrient intake so therefore, it is largely irrelevant.
    so if carbs are carbs, then it doesn't truly matter which I eat, I guess it's preference? I always hear talk of simple carbs vs complex carbs.
    Sorry to keep this long thread goign but I figured it would be better than creating a new one.
    Army.
    Penn State.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eat the rice you enjoy!

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Eat the rice you enjoy!
    That's generally what I'm getting from this thread. While I appreciate the scientific research (thanks for providing that ya'll), I guess the main thing I should worry about is macro nutrients, since I'm cutting. I'll give brown rice a try, definitely though. I guess the difference isn't big enough to change my whole diet by substituting brown rice for white.
    Army.
    Penn State.