Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My gym instructor said eat any thing if your bulking :s pizza's and burgers etc

so I wanted to discuss my diet with the instructor and he basically told me to aim for 3k to 4k cals and it doesn't matter where you getting them from .. pizza or w.e. I don't want moobs man!

I'm aiming 3k cals anyway but there from rice, grilled chicken, brown bread and nuts..

So am i doing the right thing or what the instructor said is better?

KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not a problem, just make sure you're meeting your micronutrient needs as well
    Self-improvement blog for teenagers: http://www.teenagetriumph.com

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Calories in vs calories out

3000 calories from clean food will get you just as fat as 3000 calories from junk food.

Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so whats a dirty bulk then ? and why is everyone against it ?
    would consuming 4.5k to 5k cals be a dirty bulk?

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hassafza View Post
    A dirty bulk is just simply eating in a larger surplus then a clean bulk.

A dirty bulk is not determined by the type of foods you eat.

KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000) KS98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    'Dirty bulk' is a stupid term, but most people say that it means eating > 500 calories over your maintenance
    Self-improvement blog for teenagers: http://www.teenagetriumph.com

MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MultisaurusRex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hungry Jacks is the cheapest form of calories and protein lol
    *Was online when RudyRude was banned crew*

RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The difference between clean food and junk food (i.e. Pizza , McDonalds , even KFC , fast foods in general ) is that the amount of Fats you gain from the latter is exponentially higher.

For example's sake take this comparison:

From a Mc Burger that supposedly has 600 kcal ,because of it's components , you get about 50% as fats , 30%ish carbs and what's left as protein.

So thats:
    300 kcals from 33g of fat.
    180 kcals from 45g of carbs.
    120(or less) kcals from about 30g of protein.

Now compare that to say a normal chicken breast meal + some potatoes (take about 200g of chicken + 300 g of potatoes to get about 600 kcals):

That's:
    ~80 kcals from 8-9 g of fat
    ~300 kcals from 75-ish g of carbs
    200+ kcals from 51 g of protein

So while the calories are pretty much the same , the macros differ a lot.

The main point is, yes, you could eat all the junk you want if you bulk , but you will probably get about 2 or even 3 times the amount of fats than you normally should. And possibly less protein.

You can pretty much eat Lays potato chips all day that are virtually just carbs and fats for 3000 cals. You will gain weight. You will also probably gain 0 muscle.

Regarding the dirty bulk:

A 'clean' bulk is when you eat somewhere around a 300 caloric surplus. A dirty bulk is when you go over 500. It's called dirty because supposedly you make faster muscle gains , but you also gain more fat in the process.
    Last edited by RCinTraining; 04-19-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    In the end , the warrior that survived is the one that was always willing to die.

putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) putnamehere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    clean bulk is eating a surplus of 500(maximum) and a clean bulk is eating like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000 calories surplus(not srs) ( semi srs) no but srs dirty bulk is eating like 700+ surplus

Originally Posted by RCinTraining View Post
    The difference between clean food and junk food (i.e. Pizza , McDonalds , even KFC , fast foods in general ) is that the amount of Fats you gain from the latter is exponentially higher.

So from say a Mc burger you get 40% fats , 40-ish % carbs and what's barely left is protein. That's why junk food is junk.The fat-to-protein ration is simply to high.

So yes, you could eat all the junk you want if you bulk , but you will probably get about 2 or even 3 times the amount of fats than you normally should. And possibly less protein.
    Damn the amount of stupid post today is too damn high

How are you possibly going to get more fats if you dont eat more then what your macros require?

and you need fats, they are essential for healthy hormone production.

So from say a Mc burger you get 40% fats , 40-ish % carbs and what's barely left is protein. That's why junk food is junk.The fat-to-protein ration is simply to high.

So yes, you could eat all the junk you want if you bulk , but you will probably get about 2 or even 3 times the amount of fats than you normally should. And possibly less protein.

Regarding the dirty bulk:

A 'clean' bulk is when you eat somewhere around a 300 caloric surplus. A dirty bulk is when you go over 500. It's called dirty because supposedly you make faster muscle gains , but you also gain more fat in the process.
    so what your saying is if I eat more junk ill get more fat as compared to clean food ?
    correct me if I'm wrong in the example below.
    for eg:
    bulked weight from clean food = 180lbs but 40%fat
    Bulked weight from junk food =180lb but 20%fat

so what your saying is if I eat more junk ill get more fat as compared to clean food ?
    correct me if I'm wrong in the example below.
    for eg:
    bulked weight from clean food = 180lbs but 40%fat
    Bulked weight from junk food =180lb but 20%fat
    No

fat doesnt make you fat, an excess of calories does.

thegoodthebadtherustled cantwait2lift's Avatar
    cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cantwait2lift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    No

fat doesnt make you fat, an excess of calories does.
    listen to this man

and read the stickies
    -engineering brah-
    ***Canadian Crew***

Bench 330
    Squat 460
    Deadlift 625

Ahh that makes sense
    I'm ordering some pizzaaa tonight! haven't had one in like months!

Ahh that makes sense
    I'm ordering some pizzaaa tonight! haven't had one in like months!
    I imagine that you count your macros?

Just fit it into your macros.

Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Williams1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your trying to bulk go right ahead and fill your face, personally though i would not eat whatever i want though.

Calories in Vs calories out its that simple.

But really you want food with good nutritional value, if your trying to minimize fat gains then their is no excuse to be eating junk.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do"

Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calories in vs calories out

3000 calories from clean food will get you just as fat as 3000 calories from junk food.
    This

RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I edited & explained my post so even a 3rd grader would understand. If that doesn't make sense to you then go ahead and eat all the sh!t you want.

I never said fats make you fat. You need all 3 of the main macros that should have SOME balance to them.

You won't get MORE fat from eating junk. You'll get just as fat.3000 kcals are 3000 kcals regardless from where they come from.You get equally as fat.(fat meaning weight here.) The only difference is in what form will that weight be.

You can eat phucking chocolate all day and get 3000 kcals from simply carbs and fats WITH NO PROTEIN AT ALL.Therefore ,your body will have nothing to build muscle with. How is this difficult to understand ?

I also never said you can not bulk while eating junk. You CAN. You can always do just about anything.But there's either the right way or the easy way. The results will reflect the choice you make.
    Last edited by RCinTraining; 04-19-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    In the end , the warrior that survived is the one that was always willing to die.

I imagine that you count your macros?

Just fit it into your macros.
    I just keep track of my protein really which 150 to 180g other then that I just keep count of my calories.
    but yh I will calculate how much carbs and fats I need.
    and for my micros I'm taking Seven Sea mulitivitamins.

I edited & explained my post so even a 3rd grader would understand. If that doesn't make sense to you then go ahead and eat all the sh!t you want.

I never said fats make you fat. You need all 3 of the main macros that should have SOME balance to them.

You won't get MORE fat from eating junk. You'll get just as fat. (fat meaning weight here.) The only difference is in what form will that weight be.

You can eat phucking chocolate all day and get 3000 kcals from simply carbs and fats WITH NO PROTEIN AT ALL.Therefore ,your body will have nothing to build muscle with. How is this difficult to understand ?

I also never said you can not bulk while eating junk. You CAN. You can always do just about anything either the right way or the easy way. The results will reflect the choice you make.
    Jheezz bro calm the fck down... didn't mean to offend you..

VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its okay for as long as you're eating more healthy food. I've been eating McDonalds and other kinds of food and I'm still at 7%. Do it bro!
    • • • DIRTY SOUTH CREW • • •

Jheezz bro calm the fck down... didn't mean to offend you..
    You didn't. That was meant for Jericoe.

kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100) kevinyca is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by VICgotgame View Post
    Its okay for as long as you're eating more healthy food. I've been eating McDonalds and other kinds of food and I'm still at 7%. Do it bro!
    strong 133lbs bro.

VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kevinyca View Post
    strong 133lbs bro.
    Started 3 months ago bro. 115, I'm on my way up just so you know

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Judging by your picture, it doesn't look like you're 7%BF.

Unless that's not recent, I don't know...
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    Judging by your picture, it doesn't look like you're 7%BF.

Unless that's not recent, I don't know...
    7% as of now. Lost weight Feels bad man

SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteadyMirin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    7% as of now. Lost weight Feels bad man
    Lmfao. 7%
    Pls go

VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VEINZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its all dependent on your body type. there is no this way or that way. yes if your family has a history of being overweight then dirty bulking with 4k calories will make u a fatass , rather if your parents are real skinny you can eat pizza burgers ice cream all dayum day and it will most likely be the only way u can intake the amount of calories to put on weight.

I don't believe in calls IN/OUT i believe in genetics. But even for myself being a relatively lean person i notice myself getting kind of poogey sometimes when i go crazy with the amount of junk food i intake.
    Bench - 345x2 TnG, in gym 376 shirted in comp
    Squat - 315 x 10
    Dead - 611
    Clean & Press - 295

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Healthy on the outside doesnt mean healthy on the inside. All that saturated fat and salt is going to cause you serious health problems if you make it a habbit. Everything is ok in moderation, but eating alot of saturated fat will result in an early death. All that cholestrol will slowly clog your arteries/heart and cause a high blood pressure, in combination with the salt (Im no biologist but salt increases volume of liquid/blood in your system = higher blood pressure). This double dose of high blood pressure = heart attack, stroke, brain hemoerage etc. etc.

Like I said, all things are fine in moderation, but if you make a habbit of having really bad food everyday you may find yourself in a bad way. Plus people who say sugar is just as good as any other carbs, again because its all about cals in vs. cals out. One word for you ****ers....diabetes. A very terrible and destructive disease!!

Just be careful, pizza is amazing for getting in the cals, I love it Just don't go overboard and you can't go wrong!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

Crixus88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basically eat whatever you like but dont go too excessive on the sats and sugars or you will put on fat instead of muscle