snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bent over rows and squats

For bent over rows and squats, how do i maintain a neutral spine?
    Do i have to sort of arch my back and stick my butt out so i can get a neutral spine? If that s correct, is it normal to feel pain at the area just above the butt (near the spine) ?
    thanks!

snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep, you basically stick your butt out like you're trying to sit in a chair.
    Feeling strain is one thing but pain isn't good.
    My suspicion is if you're having a hard time sitting back into position you likely have some mobility/flexibility issues that could be promoting the pain you're feeling.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

Originally Posted by 71Avido View Post
    Yep, you basically stick your butt out like you're trying to sit in a chair.
    Feeling strain is one thing but pain isn't good.
    My suspicion is if you're having a hard time sitting back into position you likely have some mobility/flexibility issues that could be promoting the pain you're feeling.
    yeah... i do experience some flexibility issues but it isnt a major problem right?
    Also, does a curved back means a neutral spine? coz when i stick my butt out my back is kinda curved

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pain is never good.
    get your form right.

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    pain is never good.
    get your form right.
    i wouldnt say its that pain, it just feels that the lower back portion is strained/ or i feel pressure at that area.

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your butt is sticking out and you're looking yourself in the eyes in the mirror, your back should straighten automatically. Are you trying to look at yourself from the side or something?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

Learn how to activate (flex) your glutes. Once you can do that, you'll never have problems keeping your back flat or arched.

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    Do i have to sort of arch my back and stick my butt out so i can get a neutral spine? If that s correct, is it normal to feel pain at the area just above the butt (near the spine) ?
    thanks!
    No, that is not correct. Arching your back without bracing your abs as well will cause you to overextend your back, which can definitely cause pain. "Neutral" = neither arched nor rounded. Actively using the abs and lower back to oppose one another will do the job, particularly for squats. For bent over rows, think about extending your junk back and up in order to keep the spine extended.

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    If your butt is sticking out and you're looking yourself in the eyes in the mirror, your back should straighten automatically. Are you trying to look at yourself from the side or something?
    It will not cause your back to straighten, rather it will cause it to arch into hyperextension.

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, you should not feel pressure in your back, at all. Lose the weight and work on form with just the bar and work your way up in weight. Considering you didn't say what weight you are working with, you may have started too heavy anyway. Don't risk injury by wanting to lift heavy.

Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    thanks!
    Go really light right now since your muscles/ posture are messed up. Strengthen your lower back ALOT. i like doing hyperextension(or ham-glute raises, watever you want to call them) and supermans. Do those atleast 3 days a week for maybe a month or two then start doing heavy weight rows and squats.