Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

update

Well managed a couple runs and some stairs to keep active but thats about it. Travel days wound up being 12+ hour days in the lab and frankly I couldnt be bothered to try to travel across town to a gym, then back, only to get a couple hours sleep, never mind that finding a laundromat is a PITA in Leipzig.

Since returning home on saturday I've hit the gym 3 days in a row, so FINALLY getting back into the swing. Did meal prep on sunday with turkey chili so Im set for the week.

Sunday was a back workout, plus a bit of random shoulder stuff
    Monday was leg extensions and curls plus presses and facepulls and 5+5's, woodchoppers etc
    Today I finally found a spot at a squat rack and did romanian DL's, stiff leg DL's, front squats, and good mornings. then on to hammer curls and 1 hand shoulder presses. feeling fabulous and going tomorrow for some circuits and who knows what

I have 30 days until my next work trip. Must make every day count!

Following that I am FINALLY going on vacation!!! Finally. 5 days in Florida and then a cruise!! Hell yes.

So much travel. At least the hotel and ship have gyms!!

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, yesterday was a home workout because British Gas and all kinds of other time stealing hoohah. I did 4 different circuits and some TRX. Holy crap I can't manage more than 2 atomic pushups in the TRX. This is unacceptable.

Today was good! I downloaded the Shortcut to Size bb.com app and am going to run that program, mostly because its so simple to use the app. Did back, biceps and abs. see app for deets. I dont like that I cant put in what weight I am using for the exercises but wtf ever, I know it will progress quick coming in after such a long break.

Food on track! Havent felt this good in months. Sore all over and finally relaxed, centred, and motivated. Bring it!

Leg day! So many ppl in the gym, so had to sub some of the things in the app workout or else have workout take many hours of waiting. Managed a decent hour plus some rowing and elliptical.

leg extension and hamstring curls
    dumbell dl's 10kg each hand 4x10
    1 leg dl's no weight 2x10
    front squal 4x8 barbell only (ahmagd what happened?)
    DL 1x10 bar plus 10, 3x5 bar plus 20kg. taking it slow because I KNOW my back and core are weak, even if the legs can manage. its tough tho!

3x5 good mornings barbell only.
    kb sumo squats 10kg 3x10 to toes
    back lunges raising 3 kg weight in front, 3x9 each side

My right shoulder is seizing up when I hang on to the barbell on my traps. Advice? its fine for a bit and then after about 5 reps it gets REALLY sore in the muscle. I am stretching etc but wonder if other have the same issue or have encountered it before? Advice welcome!

tomorrow is chest and abs. I think. must check the app. Food is on point

Needed to mail a parcel, do some grocery shopping (out of zucchini and brown rice! whats a girl to do! though I think buying a massive bag of zucchini and only one other item was what made the checkout dude chuckle. I got raised eyebrows and a inquisitive glance. heh)

So 7km walk to the post office, which was already closed (wtf England? Its in another store, what gives????) so me and my giant box of catalog returns walked to the grocery store and then up to my office, stowed said parcel for another attempt monday, and then went to teh gym. Shoulders and calves today!

bit of rowing to warm up
    db shoulder press 5kg 4x12
    wide flys 5 kg 3x15
    front raises 2.5 kg 3x15 (agony. hate these)
    rubber band rear delt fly 3x15
    db shrugs 12.5kg 4x12 - the once exercise where I can't NOT pull the Elvis lip face. why. why WHY? so weird.
    leg press machine calf raises 4x25 15kg

then home with my backpack of gym stuff and food. ran most of the flat way. made me feel massive admiration for those horrible biggest loser challenges where ppl have to like, run up a mountain with weight equivalent to what they've lost. F. That. Those ppl are insanely fit. I think Id die.

Nearly one week in to proper foodz and daily workouts, and Im seeing the small signs of progress. Nothing anyone else would notice but I am seeing the payoff. Rewarded myself with fabulous pancakes this morning (macro tailored!) so nom!

tomorrow... chest? will not have to lug a parcel around anyways

Absurdly short update because hell yes. One week in and pants that were too small last week fit now. WOOHOO!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's so awesomely magical when the bloat melts away like BOOM! Great feeling.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Hey Drea!
    Yeah it was a very happy start, keeps the motivation going am keeping within my cals easily and counting like scrooge. Ive already scoped out gyms for my next travel and will arrange 2 guest passes! gotta keep the momentum.

Did chest and triceps today, according to the shortcut to size app. ditched lying tri extensions because they do awful things to my elbows and did assisted dips instead. likewise changed out bench press to db bench press, shoulder gets angry with bbell, trainer has never been able to figure out why and Im not going to go back in after a long layoff and mess with it. numbers not impressive but could be worse! got through it and tomorrow is back and abs I think.

my bff made a comment a couple weeks back when she was invited out for drinks at TGI Fridays that really smacked me up side the head. She did not want to go because it was all you can eat appitizers and was worried she would mess up her healthy eating plan. I told her to go anyways and just order something else, and that her choice did not reflect on anyone else who was doing the buffet thing, its about HER, not judging other ppl. She pointed out that she had just been telling her husband how I used to just do that and it was no big deal, and I made my own food and that was that. No big. Well hell. Back to that, I think. No excuses, just prepare to make good choices, brain!

yesterdays snack was quest vanilla protein fluffed with eggwhites and salted caramel flavor. Hellloooooo royal icing. Much like.

and another day complete! Back and biceps, and went just fine. Sore but good

Did bent over rows, straight arm pushdowns, lat pulldowns, assisted pullups, biceps curls with EZ bar, hammer curls, and cable curls. then some ab stuff and a few hangman raises to start getting my grip strength back. Long way to go, but its going.

Food on point, under my goal by a bit for kcal but hitting protein grams so calling it a day.

Am in the lab tomorrow so a long day with lack of flexiblility and breaks, will see what I manage but hoping for legs (will depend how many ppl in gym), but will accept a cardio circuit day if needed

Home super late last night so no gym, but calories in range AND got my package from a site Im trying out here in the UK for food. Muscle Food. I ordered the protein bread from Dr. Zak and it makes awesome toast. Also, zero fat cheddar cheese and some new maple style syrup. Not as liquidy as the Walden Farms stuff but will see how it goes. They also do a butterscotch flavor which was out of stock when I ordered, but I have high hopes. Today should be less tiring mentally gym is ON!!

So, lab days went from before gym opened until after it closed all week. Gym is open today, so am off there shortly, but closed tomorrow and Monday. Might get up the effort to go check out a local strongman gym but its about 45 min bus plus unknown amount of walking one way :S Im still not used to the LACK of decent public transit in my area here in England. Stockholm really is amazing that way

Will do legs today. Have been biking the short distance too and from work daily. Its really not far, but having not biked in about 15 years its waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than I was expecting. Nowhere to go but up, I suppose!

Food has been completely within range and with kcals to spare all days, which is good as Ive not been making the gym. Breaks on lab days are about 15-20 minutes tops (once per day) and just bathroom breaks otherwise, so no getting away. Cant even put a long break in the middle of the day as once I start the machines the gases run all day long and its a huge waste to just leave them running while I go work out. Wont be often though! Managed to get home last night just before 9pm (13 hour day in lab) and made some awesome turkey meatballs and asparagus. Will do the same for dinner with sweet potatoes added in.

Managed 2 workouts on Saturday while the gym was open! Went great and feeling stronger each week

Everything closed sunday/monday, and DH had finally arrived back so spent 2 days catching up and planning. Workout yesterday was back/biceps and some abs. Today going in for legs and shoulders!

Last night we went to dinner with friends and they had cooked an amazing pork roast with all the veggie trimmings. First non-plan meal in 2.5 weeks, but good food! High kcals but nothing horrifying, so all good!

Looking forward to the energy today from that!

Excellent gym day yesterday! Got through legs and shoulders, with some careful deadlifting. My back is starting to loosen up, with all kinds of cracks and pops going on, which tells me I need to be extra careful until its all up to scratch again with the core strength. Not going any higher than 50kg for the next two weeks. Will resist temptation to add more :S

Today will be chest and tri's. Saturdays Strongman attempt has been moved to sunday due to the gym moving the class. Attendance pends on us keeping our rental car another day, as the gym is not easily reached thru public transit.

Yesterday's workout summary:
    1km rowing (4m30s)
    Romanian dl 4x8 @ 40kg
    DL 4x8@ 35, 40, 45kg(2)
    KB squat 4x10@16, 18, 20, 24kg
    Superset leg extentions and leg curls, 4x8@ 15-37.5kg, 20-25kg.
    Leg press calf raises @20kg (something wrong with the pully mechanism of the machine. its insane. so I dropped leg presses from the day)
    Shoulder overhead db press 4x7.5kg
    wide flys 3x8@7.5kg
    front raises 2x8@5kg, 2x4@5kg, 4@2.5kg
    rotator cuff thingy 4x8@2.5kg
    facepulls 4x8@40kg
    situps w 1kg med ball overhead
    weighted crunches w ball overhead

So far so good!

Strongman class was moved again with such short notice that I didn't find out about it until it was over no class next week, and I'm gone when the next one is on. Boo.

That said, legs yesterday was really good. Getting the form back on dl's and numbers going up on all exercises. Very happy!

Been very hungry the last few days so all the veggies.

Yesterdays workout:
    row 1km (down to 4m20s for this! will need to up my distance!)
    rom dl 8@ 35, 40 40 40kg
    dl 8 @ 40, 45, 45, 45kg
    front squats 8@ 25, 25, 30, 30kg
    superset: leg extension 8@35, 40 40 40, leg curl 30, 35, 30, 30
    kb squat 24kg
    calf raises smith machine 12@ +10, 15, 15, 15kg
    abs
    weighed v crunches, russian twists, med ball pushes

Had a great shoulder workout yesterday!

OHP 4x8 @ 7.5, 10, 10, 10kg
    wide flys 3x8@ 7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7@10kg
    front raises 4x6@5kg
    rotator cuffs open palms 4x10@2.5kg
    shrugs 10@12.5, 3x8@15kg

and then the gym filled with ppl so I had to wait ages for the cable machine. Went and did an abs circuit with weighted v situps, russian twists and ball overhead crunches 10x3 of each.
    fiddled around doing 1 leg side squats on the bosu, then hop across the bosu for 3x 20+20 until I was out of breath.

facepulls 8@ 30, 35, 40, 40kg

today is chest and biceps, so hopefully will go well. really happy to be up at 10kg for ohp w the dumbells.

And the happy just keeps on delivering!

back and biceps yesterday!

BO rows - 3x8@ 17.5kg, 1x7@20kg
    Lat PDs - 2x8@45, 2x8@42.5
    straight arm pd's 3x8@20kg
    ez bar biceps curls 1x8@ bar+10kg, 3x6@bar+15kg (last two reps ugly)
    hammer curls 2x8@8kg, 2x7@9kg
    1 arm cable biceps curl 4x8@7.5kg
    wide grip asst. pullups 5@60kg asst, 3x5@50kg asst (woo!)

getting better numbers each time. Biking to and from work is still murder though.
    Chest and tris today!

Chest and Tris

Incl db bench 4x8@10kg
    inc db flies 4x8@7.5kg
    high cable cross 2x6@10kg, 2x6@7.5kg
    bench press 2x12@ bar+5kg, 1x10, 1x7@bar+10kg (left shoulder still not loving this)
    triceps pushdown 4x10@20kg (I think?)
    cable OH tri pulls 4x8@10kg
    calf raises in smith 12@ 10, 30, 30, 30kg

Today legs!

aaand then work day drags on until the gym closed. so legs yesterday instead.

went really well, back feeling good!

Rom dl 4x8@40, 45, 50, 50kg
    DL x6 @ 40, 45, 50, 50, 50, 50kg (doing these slow with reset between each rep to make sure I am getting pressure and breathing where it needs to be. grip strength still limiting factor tho.)
    superset of:
    leg extension x8 (30, 35, 40, 45, 50) x6 (55, 55kg)
    leg curls x8 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 35, 35 ,35

kb sumo 24kg 4x10
    ab circuit 3kg med ball w 10x v situps, russian twists, straight arm ball raise
    bosu circuit 10x3 toes on ball, double step overs, single step overs, burpee w ohp of bosu.

biking home after this was murder. its uphill most of the way. slightly uphill, but i was moving so slow i nearly fell over by the end lol

long way to go but feeling really good about progress thus far.
    awesome pancakes this morning:
    50g flour of your choice
    0.5 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice
    10g coconut flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    5 g cornmeal

vanilla flavoring
    butter flavoring

50 g egg whites
    120 g almond milk
    25 g cottage cheese

Mix. The batter is really thick, but don't thin it down as they will not stay fluffy if you do! Drop gently into warm non-stick pan and spread into circles with spoon. Top with sf syrup and strawberries and whatever else you like! Macros were 360kcal for the lot. 56gcarb, 3g fat, 27g protein for just the pancakes. They stayed super fluffy and had a great texture for holding the strawberry juice and syrup!

So to summarize:
    Monday - back+biceps+circuits This week the program has me back up at 12-15 reps.
    BO rows - 3x12@17.5kg, 1x5@20kg+1x6@17.5kg
    Lat PD 4x12@35kg
    Seated row 4x15@35kg (or 40?)
    Palms in lat pd narrow grip 4x10@25kg
    EZ bar curls 4x10@ bar+10kg
    hammer curls 4x10@7.5kg
    cable biceps curls 4x10@12.5kg
    1 hand cable curl 4x10@7.5kg
    Asst. chins 4x6@55kg

2 circuits of rollups, russian twists, t-stretch, superman lifts = toes on bosu, double bosu stepovers, singles, 10kg med ball squats w press, and pushups. 3x5 bosu burpees.

Tuesday - Triceps+circuits
    In a huge rush to make an appt. so only did half the set program
    rope pushdowns 4x12@12.5kg
    OH cable extension 4x12@7.5kg
    Asst dips 60kg 4x12
    same circuits as day before

Today should be chest and more circuits. No roll ups today tho. putting in 3 burpees instead

wens thurs were a wash due to work!

Today I did chest and legs and abs. reps up between 10-15 so weights lower. had to rush to hair appointment so no circuits. Will do tomorrow!

Rom dl 12@ 30, 35, 40, 40kg
    DL 4x12@40kg
    superset:
    leg extensions 4x10@35, 37.5, 40, 45kg
    leg curls 4x12@ 25, 30, 32.5, 35kg
    sumo kb squat 4x10@24kg
    bench press 4x12@25kg
    inc..db press 4x12@7.5kg (sloooowww)
    high cable x 4x12@ 7.5, , 10, 10, 10kg
    asst dips 4x8@60kg
    ab circut w 3kg ball 3x10 V situps, russian twists, straight arm ball press

and biking to and from work, and to the hairdresser (in the pouring rain..)

Tomorrow is shoulders, bi's and calves!

So I managed to keep up decent workouts while away! Got workouts in before my trip. Was not able to make gym on the conference days but spent 4 hours hiking the day before it started, and tons of walking during the event and around town. My time in Stockholm was likewise active and I managed to get in to a new gym that opened near my flat just after I moved. And of course, its an amazing gym, with all the cool stuff. Here's my story about the visit there:

Every new gym is a bit intimidating for me. Its a process to find things, figure out the settings for machines, and pick up the local gym culture. But even so, this was the most intimidating gym I've ever entered. Its huge, and beautiful, and I'd heard such good things about it! So I pack up myself and go buy a day pass. The locker rooms are really nice, but once out on the floor I am looking around thinking "holy crap. I don't remember the general population of Sweden being quite this in shape..." and start feeling increasingly conspicuous (read: overweight) and out of place. Rippling delts abound. Shirtless extras from 300 are everywhere. Women with crop tops and 6 packs are a dime a dozen. Everyone is tanned and gorgeous. And then I see one of my favorite Swedish BB athletes, with bevy of dudes around her... and then it hits me. Its a competition weekend in town, and I am at the gym they are all working out at. I can only imagine this is similar to what happens when there is an Arnold Classic on and you go to the local Golds gym or whatever. Anyways! I felt moderately better that this was not a sample of the local population but a concentration of the fittest ppl in Scandinavia lol

Am now more motivated than ever to get home to Stockholm, because the best gym in town is now less than 10min walk from my house. Only 2 years to go...

The rest of my trip was likewise successful with keeping up with workouts! While in Florida our hotel had a great gym (if ridiculously overpriced and overly showy but delivering little on all other fronts) so i got 3 workouts in there plus tons of walking. On our cruise we used the gym 6 out of 7 days. My husband sprained his ankle playing floor hockey 3 days before we left for Florida though, so there was no running, waltzing, or line dancing to be had. next time!

And because we were right near the outlet mall, I snagged 2 new pairs of Asics (runners and a pair of those super lightweight ones which are perfect for travel and straight hotel gym lifting workouts), a sweet pair of Reebok leggings, 2 pairs of gym gloves to replace my horrible ones, and some great tank tops! I nearly bought a pair of lifting shoes but couldn't justify the cost and we were tight on luggage space. Next on my list though!!

Jeans still comfy so I assume that indulgent guacamole and margaritas were at least partly offset by copious amounts of sweat and movement. Success!
    Today is shoulders. Back at it!