JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Leaving for Army in July, need a workout..

If you know of any workouts that promote hypertrophy and endurance lifting at the same time idk what that would be called.. I like pull ups/ pushups etc.. and I just don't know the optimum amount of time to run before becoming catabolic and eating my muscle alive so I don't trust my self to make a workout for what I have in mind.. Something that has a decent amount of cardio/ some calisthenics/ still lifting weights *I don't want to be boney tall* I would appreciate it alot! thanks guys

Intermediate/Advanced Routine
    D1 - Chest, front/side delts, triceps
    D2 - Upper back, rear delts, biceps
    D3 - Legs, lower back
    D4 - Repeat D1
    D5 - Repeat D2
    D6 - Repeat D3
    D7 - Rest

D1 - Bench press, incline bench press, rope pressdowns, overhead dumbbell extensions (single arm), dumbbell side laterals
    D2 - Chin-ups, pull-ups, chest-supported rows (or seated rows), rear delt flyes, preacher curls
    D3 - Romanian deadlifts, front squats, leg curls, leg extensions, standing calf raises, seated calf raises

I bump down the intensity on the second workout alot though.. usually only do 2 so I don't kick my bodys ass too much, I've just now been able to get back in to squatting so D3 i'm only going in the 120lb range right now for reps trying to get back in to it .. would there be a way to tweak this workout for what I need, cause with the volume on all the workouts it seemed right for my goals just missing a little of what I need though.. I use to run cross country before I started lifting weights so I know how to work in to the running again but it was run run run with CC and I don't want to drop too much weight..
    Last edited by JarenMalnar; 04-18-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Added what i'm doing right now..

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JarenMalnar View Post
    If you know of any workouts that promote hypertrophy and endurance lifting at the same time idk what that would be called.. I like pull ups/ pushups etc.. and I just don't know the optimum amount of time to run before becoming catabolic and eating my muscle alive so I don't trust my self to make a workout for what I have in mind.. Something that has a decent amount of cardio/ some calisthenics/ still lifting weights *I don't want to be boney tall* I would appreciate it alot! thanks guys

Intermediate/Advanced Routine
    D1 - Chest, front/side delts, triceps
    D2 - Upper back, rear delts, biceps
    D3 - Legs, lower back
    D4 - Repeat D1
    D5 - Repeat D2
    D6 - Repeat D3
    D7 - Rest

D1 - Bench press, incline bench press, rope pressdowns, overhead dumbbell extensions (single arm), dumbbell side laterals
    D2 - Chin-ups, pull-ups, chest-supported rows (or seated rows), rear delt flyes, preacher curls
    D3 - Romanian deadlifts, front squats, leg curls, leg extensions, standing calf raises, seated calf raises

Don't waste your time and effort on ^^^^this; any muscle you might manage to gain is going to get burned right off of you in your first couple of days of Basic. The DIs won't give a **** how strong you are; they'll make you as strong as you need to be.

Instead, work to get stronger at the basic body weight exercises--Pullups, Pushups, and Situps.

But most of all, run. Like hellhounds are chasing you. When you get tired of running, run some more.

Here's a good starting point:

*Boot Camp Training: http://www.military.com/military-fit...-for-boot-camp

GL
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JarenMalnar View Post
    Leaving for Army in July, need a workout..
    Back in January 2003, I asked the same thing of my recruiter. His answer, "Start running, doing push ups and sit ups. Every day. The drill sergeants will take care of the rest".

Looking back, he was absolutely right. The strength you need you will gain quickly in basic training. However, the better your endurance going in, the easier* it will be for you.

* NOTE: It will make it easier, but by no means easy.
    Last Meet:
    April 16, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZbWY-FVw0)
    1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift)

Next Meet:
    August 6, 2016
    GOALS: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift)

JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JarenMalnar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Going in to this next week i'll set up some kinda of 3 day a week super calisthenics thing.. I use to run Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Would shoot for 500 pushups a day all through the day then pyramid at the end of the day, and pullups I would do them till I got to 40 I would end up doing like 1 rep at a time to 40 after a point. Running though is my main concern, I don't wanna blow out my self on too much running I dread being tall skinny it messes with my head, but would it be smart to throw in a 5x5 once a week for strength? I like olympic type lifts too, like power cleans are fun to me on top of it all I wanna still be strong and when I was doing tons of calisthenics I just didn't really feel it except being tired all the time then I was useless I still run but never over 2 miles a couple times a week usually a 2 mile run one day and then 400 sprints 4 times for 1 mile the next just to change it up. Would that be totally off what i'm going to be doing? I just love the feeling of getting stronger quitting weights feels weird, I get this nostalgic urge to get back to weights every time I try calisthenic routines now. Which is why I was looking for a hybrid workout. Thanks though for responses yall, I use to drag alot of my workouts from military.com i'll look around and see what I can get

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Look up Stew Smith. He is a former Navy Seal and has tons of articles and training guides for all branches of the military.
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

LarryWVUUSAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LarryWVUUSAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LarryWVUUSAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    run run run some more

work on calisthenics, when we would get smoked it didn't matter how much i could bench anymore lol