ludemasta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

arm wrestling .....more strength than technique?

this is really wierd... I just arm wrestled a guy who never worked out in his life and looks just average and I couln't even take him down ....I didn get more pull but still was like wtf...I'm almost twice his size...also at certain angle I felt that I was handicap ..couldn't even get that leverage and apply any of my arm strength...I think this has very little to do with strength rather knowing how to use the right technique?

wisdom80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IMO armwrestling has very little to do with strength, i got my ass kicked by a 140lb asain kid at it, it's mainly technique.

Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i armwrestled a tiny guy and he beat me cos of his wrists
    It's not he who knows more that is the better lifter, it is he who puts into action what he knows.

lucubration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's also practicing it in as it's a rather unique exercise. My neighbor beat me the other day he's got 20 lbs on me but I'm stronger and yet I went down after a good fight. "I'll be bock". But I hadn't done if for 10 years maybe and he's a regular. The only lift I've seen him beat me in is the standing overhead press.

gettin there has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah,ive never bin that good at armwrestling, but i think its a fairly good exercize, it works a few diffrent muscles, the biceps, the chest,the shoulder rotatores and the forearms of course, so a really good forearm strength is important so you can bend their hand back ,but you need good bicep and chest strength too i think.

but yes it has alot to do with technique,and if his arms are longer thats an advantage to him,ive seen ****ny times a skinny guy beat a big guy,it is wierd id say,but keep at it and im sure youll beable to slam almost anyone one day.

there are lots of techniques that people do too, do you hang on to something with your other hand,try not too. and if you can quickly release the pressure your applying then push again really fast, you have to do this fast or youll get slammed, but it really wears your opponent out if you do it right

thedeadlySS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tech. and forarm strenght.
    ich bin ein berlineir-ich auch!!
    famous kennedy speach were he tells the people of berlin that he is a jelly donut, becuase of 1 dumb ass who cant translate.
    ich liebe bodybuilding!
    ich liebe kochen(i think it sounds cool)
    ichliebe mein wakeldakel.

Lonny thank you for you posts, now we dont have to stupid @ss posts by people who dont press search.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I`m really good in armwrestling even as a 135 lb idiot ...Prolly because of my long forearms
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by A-rod
    I`m really good in armwrestling even as a 135 lb idiot ...Prolly because of my long forearms
    ooh i thort shorter forearms would be better?

BTW i was the same even at abt 145 lbs i beat everyone in my school.