Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

please like my friends start up company on ******** (Olivier Watch Company)

Review:http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011...nze-diver.html

A watch enthusiast friend of mine has found a little niche in the bronze diver watch sect. He started out making bronze buckles (I guess nobody makes those?) at 40 bucks a pop and garnered enough attention/money in the forums to pull in a couple grand in sales, and still going. With that he began to design his own watch and had them manufactured. Very good hard working guy. Now I know 850 and 650 sounds like alot for a watch, but most the other companies are selling them for upwards of 1500. Again, I'm not all too savvy on this stuff, but seems like a good idea. Not many of us would have the balls to go into a venture like this given the opportunity/money.

I'll try my best to hit you all back in reps, I can only do 5 a day.

http://www.********.com/olivierwatches?ref=nf&sk=wall

ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mybody001 View Post
    A watch enthusiast friend of mine has found a little niche in the bronze driver watch sect. He started out making bronze buckles (I guess nobody makes those?) at 40 bucks a pop and garnered enough attention/money in the forums to pull in a couple grand in sales, and still going. With that he began to design his own watch and had them manufactured. Very good hard working guy. Now I know 850 and 650 sounds like alot for a watch, but most the other companies are selling them for upwards of 1500. Again, I'm not all too savvy on this stuff, but seems like a good idea. Not many of us would have the balls to go into a venture like this given the opportunity/money.

I'll try my best to hit you all back in reps, I can only do 5 a day.

http://www.********.com/olivierwatches?ref=nf&sk=wall
    Liked. Best of luck to your friend.

HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000)
    on it.

Edit : Done.
    "Who?"

Registered User HotDamnItsDavid's Avatar
    HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Done

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks, repped

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, nice. I'm a big fan of this guys stuff, and have one on the way.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I met up with roland, and here's my review:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/oli...er-639521.html

I saw the official Olivier thread when it first jumped off, and opened it out of boredom, expecting to be underwhelmed. Instead, I was amazed, hooked, and otherwise smitten by the new offering. So I finally had a chance to meet up with Mr. Olivier himself today, Roland, and here's the result:

First off, Roland is a great guy, and took way more time to meet with a single person like myself (who can't even buy it right now) than I ever expected. His passion for watches is highly evident; he clearly enjoys what he's doing, and I think it shows in the results. I have my own extremely small business, and it's interesting to see someone else in a similar (if somewhat more established) position. If you live locally, hit him up, and I'm sure he'll meet up.

On to the watch (es)! We got in line at Starbucks to orders drinks, and he immediately handed me one of them. First thing I noticed was heft; it has a very substantial feel to it. Weighty in a quality fashion, it feels like a solid piece of bronze. Second, the lume. In a not-so-dimly-lit Starbucks, standing under a light, the lume just popped. The already legible face became even more legible, kind of like day-time running lights on a car. I didn't get a sense for longevity of the lume, of course, but suffice it to say lume will NOT be a complaint with these. TORCH! Unfortunately, I didn't get a lume shot (but then I'm no photog, and it would've sucked).

We sat down, and the first order of the day was a comparison between my Momentum Deep 6 and Olivier.

So, you can clearly see the lug-to-lug difference there. The interesting thing to me is that though the Momentum is significantly bigger all around, the Olivier looks very substantial, particularly with the black bezel. Here are side views:

On to wrist shots:

I think it wears REALLY nicely. Here are side by side wrist shots:

I think it's interesting how the Olivier wears visually more substantially than the Momentum. The black bezel, which I prefer, definitely creates an effect where it extends the width of the black face, and makes the watch look larger; conversely, the bronze bezel makes it look smaller overall. This could be useful for creating the visual effect you desire, and the fact that both are included is pretty sweet.

Bezel action is tight with zero play, nada, and though I don't see accidental bezel movement EVER being an issue, it's not difficult to rotate. Outstanding bezel action, IMO. I asked about durability of the bezel insert, and Roland said it's a solid metal insert which is proving to be very durable. He's wearing it 24/7, and it had no marks. The minute markers on the insert are recessed, so they will never scratch or wear off. Awesome. The bronze bezel minute markers will probably patina considerable more than the exposed surfaces of the bezel, and create more of a contrast with the rest of the bezel, more visual pop, as it ages.

Fit and finish. I'm no expert, I don't even own a loupe, but the machining is top-notch. I have NOTHING against a well-made Chinese case (and hate the anti-Chinese case BS that goes around, they can do as good a work as anyone), but I think that having a German-made case definitely adds cachet, and quality workmanship is evident all around. No rough or sharp edges, no 'grain' from milling, everything lines up precisely (to my naked eye). The crown has the diver from the caseback on it, oh yeah; and the helium release valve ties in and balances the crown on the other side (as well as the caseback, if you get lost in the tableau back there) really well.

The dial. I f*cking love it. Bold, clearly legible, and beautiful in a utilitarian way, the small details add style without overwhelming the simplicity. I love the blue second hand, I love the triple date window w/ blue marker, I love the font used. The cross-hairs on the face even add legibility to the dial, making orientation of the watch a snap, and leaving no doubt as to where 12 o'clock is (plus, I was a sniper in the military, BOOM, hidden innuendo EVERYWHERE! haha). As someone remarked above, it's legible from far away. This will apply equally at night. It looks great. Chicks dig it. What more to say?

The strap. Soft, supple, and extremely comfortable, I actually might prefer the standard supplied strap to the Isofrane Roland had on the other watch. It's very nice, well-chosen on his part. Most folks have straps laying around, and will switch out anyway, but I'd probably leave it.

I apologize for my shoddy pictures, and lack of awesome up-close dial pics, but my main goal was seeing (and showing) the watch on my bigger wrist, and I think that's clear enough. Good dial pics have been posted here already.

BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BinchoBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Liked. Good luck to your friend!

edit: ^ The gold metal with black leather strap looks good!

It's actually military/industrial-grade bronze, so it's nearly as hard as 316 steel, but more corrosion resistant, and it'll actually develop a patina as it ages. So initially it'll be a bit blingy, but it'll turn brownish, like metal on a ship, if you don't touch it.

GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinoFelino is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Liked.

Respect for entrepreneurs.

KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    346 bro.

Hope all goes well for him.

Originally Posted by KillahJon View Post
    346 bro.

Hope all goes well for him.
    It's one thing to simply have a good product, but to be a genuinely nice guy, who's passionate about his stuff? Even better.

boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boogerface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i've always liked bronze. your buddy needs a website and more info like where does he gets the guts?
    I 1K back.

Lighten up kids.

The website is www.olivierwatches.com . He uses swiss eta and japanese miyota movements, buyers choice. all the info is on his site.

Originally Posted by GinoFelino View Post
    Liked.

Respect for entrepreneurs.
    I have a coffee roasting company. Respect?

Originally Posted by amridikon View Post
    LIKE'D, i love entrepreneurs
    I keep f5ing his big thread on wus, expecting to see they're shippping. Can't wait!

Here are the different dial options:

Lone Diver caseback:

More:

bump for more likes for this guy

https://www.********.com/olivierwatches

The box it's coming in.

keep the engine runnin eltwentyone's Avatar
    eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this got me hyped, will cop this soon
    Sig line can't be a novel

ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    but who was quality?

bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigpoppav has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Liked

Originally Posted by eltwentyone View Post
    this got me hyped, will cop this soon
    Do it!

Originally Posted by ymer View Post
    but who was quality?
    Quality was excellent. Excellent machining, bezel action was outstanding, everything lined up perfectly.

Originally Posted by bigpoppav View Post
    Liked
    Excellent!

Trainer of Peace. Floridatrainer's Avatar
    Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000) Floridatrainer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    horrible looking watches. But, best of wishes to anyone starting their own company and following a dream.

ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500) ralphlauren55 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Floridatrainer View Post
    horrible looking watches. But, best of wishes to anyone starting their own company and following a dream.
    totally disagree. this watches are awesome looking.