gshelvankar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face A good watch for strength training

Hi .. I was looking at my options on a good long-term gadget that would help me train in the gym. Basically i needed a watch that's easy and quick to use with minimal use of buttons and supports interval training/cardio.

So say i work on my chest, and i do 12 reps - 3 sets. I need to set the time #1 for 20s and interval time #2 for 60s (rest) - Giving me beeps and vibrations on when to start again are options i saw in Gymboss, but its not a solution for me (maybe in future). For now i just need something to keep my butt on a time based rule.

I am guessing a stopwatch could be sufficient, so looked at the Nike Stopwatch. Its a good tech - just too over hyped and mainly used for running. Another option i saw was G-shock - but there are so many models, i cant get my head on straight. The analog+digital watches from G-shock look nice and would lean towards those since i am not a gym and work watch changer. But most of those have the display too small.

Finally, i saw the Polar FT80 .. its perfect for what i want .. but here in the UAE - ***** its around 1300 AED ($354) which seems a bit too steep and not worth so much money at this point.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Smartphone apps? Or just deal with a regular stopwatch.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

gshelvankar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    Smartphone apps? Or just deal with a regular stopwatch.
    Just a regular watch.
    I use my iPhone for music, so taking it out every time after a set and using that seems a bit too tedious for a gym session on a focus spree.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Curious why this is neccessary?

There's no way I could wear a watch while training, where would the wristwraps go?
    I am going to die under a heavy barbell one day and it's going to be f*cking awesome--HamburgerTrain

()---() York Barbell Club #36 ()---()
    ***Knee Dragger Unite***
    ***ShowerBEER Crew***
    ***Viking Crew***

DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use the Jefit app for workout logging and it has a timer built in. You can set the timer for however long you want and it can be different for different exercises.