bass1505 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique My Cutting Diet

Ok for the past few weeks i have been researching how to make a cutting diet of 6 meals per day. Before you ask, I just finished playing four years of college football, so I am still on their workout program.
    Background Info - I have a big frame and a slow metabolism. Four years ago I was 250, last year at this time i was 230 and i am currently 185 lbs. I now realize that i cut all of that weight out the wrong way, by reducing calories and only eating two meals per day.

730am
    3 Packets Oatmeal 375 Calories, 4g Fat, 78 Carbs, 10g Protein
    1 Granny Smith Apple 74 Calories, 0g Fat, 19 Carbs, 0 Protein
    1 Nature Valley Granola Bar 180 Calories, 6g Fat, 29 Carbs, 4g Protein

10:30am
    2Tsp Natural Peanut Butter 187 Calories, 12g Fat, 13 Carbs, 9 Protein
    1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread 78.5 Calories, 1.5 Fat, 15 Carbs, 3 Protein

12:30pm
    5 Slices Turkey 156 Calories, 2g Fat, 0 Carbs, 32g Protein
    2 Slices Whole Wheat 157 Calories, 3g Fat, 30 Carbs, 6g Protein
    1 Cup Yogurt 155 Calories, 4g Fat, 17 Carbs, 13 Protein

3:00pm
    1 Can Tuna 150 Calories, 3g Fat, 0 Carbs, 33 Protein

5-6:00pm
    1 Piece Cooked Chicken Breast 100 Calories, 1g Fat, 0 Carbs, 23g Protein
    1 Cup Yogurt 155 Calories 4g Fat, 17 Carbs, 13g Protein

Before Workout
    1 Scoop ON 100% Whey 110 Cals, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 24g Protein

After Workout

Before Bed
    1 Scoop ON 100% Casein Protein 120 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 23g Protein

I sometimes workout in the morning, sometimes at night. It depends on my schedule.
    Let me know what you guys think. I am taking in 2187 Calories, about 500 less than my rmr. The protein/carbs/fat breakdown is 41/40/19.
    I would like to start this diet on next monday once i get my protein. One thing that i can say is that if i start gaining weight and go over 195ish i am going to stop and go back to two meals a day, but from what I have read I doubt that it will happen.
    I couldnt attach pics but heres a link to my photobucket.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ayDietPic2.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dayDietPic.jpg

ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everything looks perfect to me. I'd say at 16% bf that you say you are, you should be around 9-10% in 8 weeks if you stick with it, while still allowing a cheat meal once a week (2,000-3500 cals).

another question that I would like to ask is if milk would be an ok substitute for the protein. I wont have my protein until sunday and i wanted to start this tomorrow or wednesday

Anyone else? I would really like to start this tomorrow but I want to see what everyone else thinks first. If you need more information or something, please dont hesitate to ask.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bass1505 View Post
    730am
    3 Packets Oatmeal 375 Calories, 4g Fat, 78 Carbs, 10g Protein
    1 Granny Smith Apple 74 Calories, 0g Fat, 19 Carbs, 0 Protein
    1 Nature Valley Granola Bar 180 Calories, 6g Fat, 29 Carbs, 4g Protein

10:30am
    2Tsp Natural Peanut Butter 187 Calories, 12g Fat, 13 Carbs, 9 Protein
    1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread 78.5 Calories, 1.5 Fat, 15 Carbs, 3 Protein

12:30pm
    5 Slices Turkey 156 Calories, 2g Fat, 0 Carbs, 32g Protein
    2 Slices Whole Wheat 157 Calories, 3g Fat, 30 Carbs, 6g Protein
    1 Cup Yogurt 155 Calories, 4g Fat, 17 Carbs, 13 Protein

3:00pm
    1 Can Tuna 150 Calories, 3g Fat, 0 Carbs, 33 Protein

5-6:00pm
    1 Piece Cooked Chicken Breast 100 Calories, 1g Fat, 0 Carbs, 23g Protein
    1 Cup Yogurt 155 Calories 4g Fat, 17 Carbs, 13g Protein

Before Workout

After Workout

Before Bed
    1 Scoop ON 100% Casein Protein 120 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Carbs, 23g Protein

I sometimes workout in the morning, sometimes at night. It depends on my schedule.
    Let me know what you guys think. I am taking in 2187 Calories, about 500 less than my rmr. The protein/carbs/fat breakdown is 41/40/19.
    I would like to start this diet on next monday once i get my protein. One thing that i can say is that if i start gaining weight and go over 195ish i am going to stop and go back to two meals a day, but from what I have read I doubt that it will happen.
    I couldnt attach pics but heres a link to my photobucket.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ayDietPic2.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dayDietPic.jpg

This diet isn't very good. You are consuming almost 120g of carbs in the morning and then not even preforming any exercise after that. Not only that but you are only having 15 grams of protein. You will need to cut almost half of the carbs and add 20+grams of protein here.

For the second meal, cut the piece of bread and add some protein source, at least 20 grams.

For the third meal, again, why are you consuming 50 grams of carbs? Cut the bread out.

For the 4th meal, add some fat source (almonds, PB) or maybe a slice of bread. Not too much.

For the 5th meal, cut out the yogurt and add some of the carbs you've cut from breakfast and meals 2-4 Maybe 30-40 grams of carbs here.

For the Pre-Workout Shake, add some of those carbs you've cut from earlier.

I would then skip the Post-Workout Shake and go straight for a whole food meal containing a good chunk of carbs that you cut from earlier in the day.

And then for the last meal try and increase the protein (preferably with something like cottage cheese) and add in a small serving of a good fat.

Summary: You are eating too much early in the day for no reason, then starving yourself around your workout. You will catabolize muscle rapidly with this diet.

Try and align your carbs as shown in this article:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I second the poster above me.. your breakfast has no protein! Its pretty carb dense as well for a cutting diet. I'd factor out the granola bar for a protein shake to be honest.

Originally Posted by Khronos View Post
    This diet isn't very good. You are consuming almost 120g of carbs in the morning and then not even preforming any exercise after that. Not only that but you are only having 15 grams of protein. You will need to cut almost half of the carbs and add 20+grams of protein here.

For the second meal, cut the piece of bread and add some protein source, at least 20 grams.

For the third meal, again, why are you consuming 50 grams of carbs? Cut the bread out.

For the 4th meal, add some fat source (almonds, PB) or maybe a slice of bread. Not too much.

For the 5th meal, cut out the yogurt and add some of the carbs you've cut from breakfast and meals 2-4 Maybe 30-40 grams of carbs here.

For the Pre-Workout Shake, add some of those carbs you've cut from earlier.

I would then skip the Post-Workout Shake and go straight for a whole food meal containing a good chunk of carbs that you cut from earlier in the day.

And then for the last meal try and increase the protein (preferably with something like cottage cheese) and add in a small serving of a good fat.

Summary: You are eating too much early in the day for no reason, then starving yourself around your workout. You will catabolize muscle rapidly with this diet.

Try and align your carbs as shown in this article:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
    What if i were to work out in the morning after my first meal like at 9 or something and have the premeal shake with the first meal and the postworkout shake with the 2nd meal?

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bass1505 View Post
    What if i were to work out in the morning after my first meal like at 9 or something and have the premeal shake with the first meal and the postworkout shake with the 2nd meal?
    That would be a step in the correct direction, but there's still work to be done on all the other meals. Also, if you do combine the PWO shake and the 2nd meal you will still need a little more carbs for a proper PWO nutrition plan.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

ok i made some changes. Let me know how this looks. I also need to add about 250 calories somewhere in here, i am only at 1892. I have 44% Protein, 37%Carbs and 19% Fat.

1 cup oats
    1 apple
    1 scoop 100% ON Whey Protein

Workout

2 Tsp Natural PB
    1 Scoop 100% ON Whay Protein
    1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread

5 Slices Turkey
    2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
    1 Cup Yogurt

1 Can Tuna
    1 Banana