LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Would I gain weight if i eat a 1600 calorie diet with 100 grams of carbohydrates?

I have a question about the impact of the calories of clean carbohydrates compared with the calories of protein and fats. The thing is that i used to follow a low-carb, keto diet with lots of meat and eggs. But I am out of work and I cannot afford that type of diet anymore. So what I am thinking in order to eat a more affordable diet and at the same time continue with the same amount of calories of my weight loss diet which is about 1600 calories a day, is that I will replace a couple of hundreds calories of protein and fats with calories coming from cream of wheat, oatmeal and some milk.

So my basic question is do you think that 1600 calories of a low-carb diet has the same effect on a weight-loss diet than 1600 calories of a diet with 100 grams of carbohydrates a day?

Recommended books to increase the emotional, spiritual, psychologic feelings of power, the will to power: The Republic by Plato, The Will to Power by Nietzsche, Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, Faust by Goethe, Spectre of Marx by Jacques Derrida, Red and Black by Stendhal, The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, Power by Michael Foucault, Beyond Good and Evil by Fredrich Nietzsche, The Search after Truth by Malebranche

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, 100 calories of carbs will do the same thing as 100 calories of protein. Just make sure you're getting enough protein and fat and you'll be fine.

LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow cool, thanks a lot my friend, you are a life-saver because I thought that 100 calories of carbohydrates was more fattening than 100 calories of protein and fats. And you know foods like oatmeal and cream of wheat hot creal are a lot cheaper than red meat which is getting real real expensive. And you are right, protein is still very important for weight lifting

Originally Posted by Nosepull View Post
    Yes, 100 calories of carbs will do the same thing as 100 calories of protein. Just make sure you're getting enough protein and fat and you'll be fine.
    Recommended books to increase the emotional, spiritual, psychologic feelings of power, the will to power: The Republic by Plato, The Will to Power by Nietzsche, Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, Faust by Goethe, Spectre of Marx by Jacques Derrida, Red and Black by Stendhal, The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, Power by Michael Foucault, Beyond Good and Evil by Fredrich Nietzsche, The Search after Truth by Malebranche

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nosepull View Post
    what you mean is 100 grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs both equal the same amount of calories, they do no have the same role in bodybuilding.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    what you mean is 100 grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs both equal the same amount of calories, they do no have the same role in bodybuilding.
    I assumed that was obvious.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LowcarbGod View Post
    So my basic question is do you think that 1600 calories of a low-carb diet has the same effect on a weight-loss diet than 1600 calories of a diet with 100 grams of carbohydrates a day?

100 grams of carbs is a very restricted diet. You will not be gaining weight, but most likely have no energy and eventually fail. It is not that far from keto, only 50 grams over keto, basically two slices of bread. And 1600 calories, leave no room for active lifestyle, unless you are 5' 100lbs anemic female. With keto it is different, you get all your calories from fat, your body switches to ketogenesys and starts consuming your bady fat. So with keto you will be having more energy on the same 1600 calories a day diet plan. That is from my ow experience.

Where do you think you will be saving though? Buy cheaper pork and run keto IMO. You are replacing the energy from 25 extra grams of fat with 50 grams of carbs. How much did it cost you, did you actually run the numbers?
    Last edited by weiss1967; 04-16-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Hello my great friend, i guess you are right, that keto foods are not expensive at all like people think. Because 60% to 65% of the calories in a keto diet are supposed to come from fats, and fats are one of the cheapest macro-nutrients. Butter, oil and other types of fats are cheaper than carbohydrates and protein. And you are right a low-carb ketogenic diet is even great for producing great strength at the gym. As opposed to the conventional traditional high-carb diets that are good for running, bicycling, jogging but not so good for weight lifting because high carb diets are too low in protein

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    100 grams of carbs is a very restricted diet. You will not be gaining weight, but most likely have no energy and eventually fail. It is not that far from keto, only 50 grams over keto, basically two slices of bread. And 1600 calories, leave no room for active lifestyle, unless you are 5' 100lbs anemic female. With keto it is different, you get all your calories from fat, your body switches to ketogenesys and starts consuming your bady fat. So with keto you will be having more energy on the same 1600 calories a day diet plan. That is from my ow experience.

Where do you think you will be saving though? Buy cheaper pork and run keto IMO. You are replacing the energy from 25 extra grams of fat with 50 grams of carbs. How much did it cost you, did you actually run the numbers?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LowcarbGod View Post
    Hello my great friend, i guess you are right, that keto foods are not expensive at all like people think. Because 60% to 65% of the calories in a keto diet are supposed to come from fats, and fats are one of the cheapest macro-nutrients. Butter, oil and other types of fats are cheaper than carbohydrates and protein. And you are right a low-carb ketogenic diet is even great for producing great strength at the gym. As opposed to the conventional traditional high-carb diets that are good for running, bicycling, jogging but not so good for weight lifting because high carb diets are too low in protein
    I don't get it. What is a "high-carb diet", what does 100kcals with of carbs have anything to do with high carbs, and how would any reasonable amount of carbs imply insufficient protein?

Instead of doing keto, I can get the same amount of protein, a reasonable amount of carbs, and adequate fat on an equivalent-calorie mixed diet - and perform an order of magnitude better at the gym on the mixed diet. I have done keto enough and yet never "realized" the supposed magic that happen when you achieve ketosis, despite many a confirmation from keto-strips that I was in ketosis and me not eating more than 30g carbs/day. I just felt generally sluggish and about as inclined to workout as a malaria victim. Even 100-150 g of carbs ("low" carb by any normal person's rationale) was a tremendous improvement for me in terms of energy, mood, and strength.

I realize that different people are going to respond differently to any given diet, but what I really never understand about the keto proponents is if it's so damn awesome and effective in terms of energy, body composition, why don't they just stick with it? They never seem to.