Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He's a very smart guy but a borderline sociopath and a pr!ck.

I was friends with him on ******** for a while and it was awesome entertainment value.

He made a comment about my daughter looking like a puppet so I removed the remark as I didn't think it was appropriate - he sent me a message calling a c bomb and having a cry about me deleting his comment at which point he made some very disparaging remarks about my daughter.

I would like to discuss it with him one day in person and at that point start my own nutritional road show with me and my hand puppet Lyle MacDonald so he can be offered a different perspective on his remarks re: my little girl - nomsayin?
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    This is fairly close to accurate.

A lot of people were missing what Lyle was trying to say, partly because Lyle sucked at maintaining the content of his argument. Data shows that consuming such a heavy bolus dose of BA (3.2g in this case) vs a smaller dose results in: excretion of a higher portion, histamine release, and subsequent tachypnea. Beta-alanine is also considered a neurotransmitter based on its GABAergic actions and ability to release histamine (see the H3 receptor in the brain -> agonism is unfavorable when attempting centrally mediated tasks, of which weight lifting is an example). So, as Lyle was saying, it's ideal to take BA 4 times a day at 750-1000mg, with food. That's the ideal. I, for one, don't do that, but I certainly would not want 3.2g BA preworkout.

Also, roughly 15% of people who use the product (termed "non-responders") lack sufficient quantities of the creatine transporter and will experience an uncomfortable osmotic diarrhea heading into the workout (you can see more detail in my ******** post).

This all goes back to the fact that creatine and BA don't need to be taken preworkout, so why cause yourself these little issues for no reason besides convenience? Most people won't mind taking 5g creatine in a protein shake or consuming beta-alanine with a meal.
    I know several folks who take higher doses than that preW without any issues. But of course, observations are subjective. On another note, when will you be done with med school, and when you are done, will you disappear from the forums like every other bro who goes to med school?

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    I know several folks who take higher doses than that preW without any issues. But of course, observations are subjective. On another note, when will you be done with med school, and when you are done, will you disappear from the forums like every other bro who goes to med school?
    How you doing Alan, it's been a while. I'm still a ways away and I anticipate disappearing during residency but coming back to rejoin the bros afterwards. A lot of old posters who are now MDs hang around the supplement/supplement science section (Dr_P, Dr.Dave1, stevedm, Synapsin, and your best friend).

The more important question is: will you have a research review for the next 6 years?

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Just because that behavior is expected does not make it acceptable either.
    Great point.

I thinnk they did it perfectly, but then again, what do I know about drama control.
    Yeah I thought it was mature and nailed the points they were trying to make.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Yeah the part they highlighted even starts out as anecdotally. I got from their rebuttal is that the pre workout benefits of their product is most likely similar to coffee with sugar.
    My pre-workout right there ^

Originally Posted by mattypoole View Post

I was friends with him on ******** for a while and it was awesome entertainment value.

He made a comment about my daughter looking like a puppet so I removed the remark as I didn't think it was appropriate - he sent me a message calling a c bomb and having a cry about me deleting his comment at which point he made some very disparaging remarks about my daughter.

I would like to discuss it with him one day in person and at that point start my own nutritional road show with me and my hand puppet Lyle MacDonald so he can be offered a different perspective on his remarks re: my little girl - nomsayin?
    I honestly despise that type of behaviour. It is not only childish and immature but borderline perverted and sick. He obviously feels the need to act the internet tough guy because he can't do it in person. He was probably bullied as a child, and has found a gateway to vent.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This is the kinda crap that makes me despise azzholes like this. Troll/or attack me.......so be it. Talk crap about people's kids? That requires some serious mental instability. It will catch up to him.
    Who oversees the overseers?

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    How you doing Alan, it's been a while. I'm still a ways away and I anticipate disappearing during residency but coming back to rejoin the bros afterwards. A lot of old posters who are now MDs hang around the supplement/supplement science section (Dr_P, Dr.Dave1, stevedm, Synapsin, and your best friend).

The more important question is: will you have a research review for the next 6 years?
    Okay, cool... and yes I'll still by AARRing in 6 years, barring any run-ins with Paleo vigilantes

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    This is the kinda crap that makes me despise azzholes like this. Troll/or attack me.......so be it. Talk crap about people's kids? That requires some serious mental instability. It will catch up to him.
    Yep, not acceptable. At all.

sorry matty - I would be so upset.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol @ people requesting Lyle's friendship and then getting rustled when he's a dick. Do you even internet?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Okay, cool... and yes I'll still by AARRing in 6 years, barring any run-ins with Paleo vigilantes
    I guess this prompts the question...why were you awake at 5 AM?

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    lol @ people requesting Lyle's friendship and then getting rustled when he's a dick. Do you even internet?
    Are you just a complete and utter fukking kunt or just brain damaged (actually don't bother answering, I've known the answer to both of those questions in a while)?

If you think ANYONE under ANY circumstances has license to say stuff like that about someone's child then you truly need to be fed a series of bumper plates (and not orally).

I know you think you're hardcore dude, but regardless of how much you lift you're still nothing but an arrogant, cocky kid who needs to learn that having impressive figures doesn't give you a license to be an arrogant, holier than though douche.

BRB lifting big numbers but incapable of dealing with other people or coming across as anything other than an up himself kunt - being a fat sh!t as a kid and getting to where you are now doesn't give you the right to behave the way you do.

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you just a complete and utter fukking kunt or just brain damaged (actually don't bother answering, I've known the answer to both of those questions in a while)?

If you think ANYONE under ANY circumstances has license to say stuff like that about someone's child then you truly need to be fed a series of bumper plates (and not orally).

I know you think you're hardcore dude, but regardless of how much you lift you're still nothing but an arrogant, cocky kid who needs to learn that having impressive figures doesn't give you a license to be an arrogant, holier than though douche.

BRB lifting big numbers but incapable of dealing with other people or coming across as anything other than an up himself kunt - being a fat sh!t as a kid and getting to where you are now doesn't give you the right to behave the way you do.
    waitwut
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain

waitwut
    Hard not to be taken a certain way given the context.

When you and your lovely wife have super human children one day, you'll understand my reaction COMPLETELY (srs).

[Former 300+ Crew]

Hard not to be taken a certain way given the context.

When you and your lovely wife have super human children one day, you'll understand my reaction COMPLETELY (srs).
    What are you on about? I said Lyle is a dick so it should come as no surprise when he acts like one. I don't get why you're going full retard. You're making yourself look like a fool.

What are you on about? I said Lyle is a dick so it should come as no surprise when he acts like one. I don't get why you're going full retard. You're making yourself look like a fool.
    Wow, even after further comments putting my reaction in context you're still saying dumb **** like this?

You really are an A grade A hole.

[Former 300+ Crew]

Wow, even after further comments putting my reaction in context you're still saying dumb **** like this?

You're just digging a deeper hole. Admit you overreacted and move on.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Overreact much? He didn't say it was ok for Lyle to make fun of our kid he said that sometimes you get what you expect. Lyle is always an ass so you obviously thought it was funny when directed at others thus the add on FB. Don't be surprised by what you expect is all Erick is saying
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

You're just digging a deeper hole. Admit you overreacted and move on.
    Fukk off Eric.

Had you actually pulled your head out of your a$$ long enough to see that it clearly hit hit a sore point and had have made it clear that it wasn't meant the way it was taken (instead of just being an increasingly dismissive d!ck about it), I would have happily and humbly apologised and retracted my remarks..

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Overreact much? He didn't say it was ok for Lyle to make fun of our kid he said that sometimes you get what you expect. Lyle is always an ass so you obviously thought it was funny when directed at others thus the add on FB. Don't be surprised by what you expect is all Erick is saying
    These forums are littered with examples of me overreacting and pulling my head in when I've come to this realisation - this time would have been no different.

[Former 300+ Crew]

You threatened me with physical violence right off the bat. How did you expect me to react?

You threatened me with physical violence right off the bat. How did you expect me to react?
    OK well I genuinely am sorry for that - like I say it involved my daughter and around what are VERY exceptional circumstances for me.

I'll bet my penor and both balls that when you start making babies, you'll better appreciate why I reacted the way I did.

[Former 300+ Crew]

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    is this real life?
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    internet = srs business
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Originally Posted by likeawashboard View Post

Repped you cheeky kunt

[Former 300+ Crew]

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    is this real life?
    Thankfully, it isn't.

lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by likeawashboard View Post

Measly reps for you sir!
    Part of the not eating like a retard crew (NELARC).

My lifting/notable eats log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137551483
    2/3/2013
    Final weigh in for contest 4/30/2013

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lyle is the typical internet warrior who hides behind his keyboard. A little boy with a big mouth.

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    Lyle is the typical internet warrior who hides behind his keyboard. A little boy with a big mouth.
    Sure is.

Funnily enough, the coward blocked me before I had a chance to reply at the time.

[Former 300+ Crew]

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Matt, I don't feel that E's comments were at any way directed at you. He was just making a general statement like I say lolyoutubefitness in tons of threads but I'm not targeting anyone specifically.

I am sure that Eric agrees that talking about another's child, especially in such a way is disgusting and not acceptable, but just take a step back and ask who you should be mad at - Eric who made a general reply on a forum or Lyle who was the one who said the disgusting thing and specifically directed it at you

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Overreact much? He didn't say it was ok for Lyle to make fun of our kid...
    Itt we discover that psychodiver is mattypoole's wife...or vice versa. Probably vice versa.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152860011 - My log. It has a ****gy name, but don't hold that against it.

I don't rep back.

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)

Are you cutting bro? Why does this section get so butthurt all the time? Sheesh.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263