Caissss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upset stomach after taking creatine

Hi all, this is my first thread and was just wondering how common stomach upsets are after taking creatine monohydrate? I have recently purchased the Myprotein brand of creatine monohydrate and took it for the first time today pre-workout. As soon as I took it I felt my stomach take a turn for the worse but still continued to the gym to workout. In the gym I felt all gassed up and kept having waves where I felt like I really needed to go to the toilet. I didn't let these feelings disturb my workout but when I got home my stomach took another turn for the worst and when I finally went to the toilet I didnt have the ****s but it wasn't a solid visit! Hours later my stomach still doesnt feel right! I took 5g as stated and mixed it into my protein shake (matrix anabolic protein). I also took 1 caffeine tab before my workout. Should I trial this supplement for a bit or will it always have the same affects on me? Also any recommendations on how to maybe eat before I take it or if I should just mix it in water?

Thanks in advance,

Caissss

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Typically, stomach discomfort from creatine comes from loading creatine monohydrate for a certain number of days. I'd cut your dosage in half (2.5g/half teaspoon) and see if your problems persist.

You shouldn't have to alter your diet to take creatine, so feel free to mix it in whatever liquid you prefer.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Give it a year and try it again when you're 18 .

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Give it a year and try it again when you're 18 .
    This.
    Kick.com/beetoxic
    Give me a Follow for some REP

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 17 there really is no need for supplements. I would focus on your diet and form and try again in a year.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

I turn 18 in a couple of months, and my diet is clean

Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Drink more water

austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Caissss View Post
    I turn 18 in a couple of months, and my diet is clean
    Put up some before pictures, I'm curious about something.
    If you haven't posted a before pic, and you want someone to help you with a workout routine - DO IT NOW.

d(', ') \(^.^)/ \(^.^)/ (', ')b
    My custom Five Day full-body routine :
    <('.'-<)<(-'.'-)><(-'.'-)>(>-'.')>
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153102401
    \(^.^)·°ºoO(Austin)Ooº°·(^.^)/

MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gijss View Post
    Drink more water
    This. You need to drink 6-8 glasses of water if you are supplementing with Creatine. But yea, you should probably wait till your older to starting taking it if people on here are advising that.

Do you mean my current physique photos or before I started training photos? What's your curiosity may I ask?
    Originally Posted by austinwichita View Post
    Put up some before pictures, I'm curious about something.

I think I am going to give it a couple of months now, I mean the creatine ain't going to go off, I'm going to get myself a bit leaner then try it again
    Originally Posted by MrMakAttack View Post
    This. You need to drink 6-8 glasses of water if you are supplementing with Creatine. But yea, you should probably wait till your older to starting taking it if people on here are advising that.