Thread: Mud runners

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Mud runners

Hey Mud Runners! Just a quick question for y'all. I do about 1 mud run per month, ranging from 3.1 miles to 12+miles. My wife has a water proof camera she was gifted for xmas last year, but the pics are always blurry, even when the lens is clean. If there's water on the lens you can pretty much forget that pic! Anyways, any of you have any camera's to recommend for the mud/obstacle runs? Maybe I'm hoping for too much in a camera that can handle going through mud and water and still take a nice pic. Thanks!
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My mom has a camera and 100% of her pictures are blurry. Nothing wrong with the camera.

Not saying this is the case but it very well could be the operator.

Free to figure it out at least.

Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have water on your lens you need to wipe it - water will always distort an image. Not practical, whilst doing a mud run, granted. You can get some waterproof casing for some models, but probably a little extreme.

You have two choices - get a nifty little number with fast auto focus - I' ve always found Nikon S1's work great. You can read a bit about the new models out here, and both come with options of waterproof housing, I guess it all depends on budget. http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/n...-15fps-stills/ I'm a photographer, and when I go on holiday with the family, I like to leave my big SLR's at home, and always use the little Nikon's or Panasonic for my holiday pics. Use the Sports/action Mode on the presets or TV mode, which is shutter speed priority - these are the best modes to shoot action in. Or if it has a manual mode you can dial in your own settings.

Your other choice is an SLR but they are too big and bulky to carry on runs methinks.

By the way when you say mud runs, do you means stuff like Tough Mudder, where on some obstacles you actually go totally underwater? if so I would consider waterproof housing after all.

And yes, normally blurry images are purely user error. Its a little bit like watching people take pictures of buildings and stuff with flash at night time. My reaction to that is similar to what you guys have when someone comes on here and asks about getting toned.

if you need any technical help, just shout.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jedwab1976

Live & let live

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Jebwab, yes, Tough Mudder, Savage Race, warrior dash, I do them all. Most of the reason the pics are blurry, is water/mud/muck on the lens, which warps the pics and a combo of slow shutter speed. Unfortunately, most of the races you get completely submerged in water or mud so trying to clean the lens off afterward is a rather difficult task since there usually isn't a clean/ dry spot on you, lol. I see guys post vids from the gopro strap on cams and their vids always turn out great so I was hoping there would be an alternative camera that would work well. And your right SLR's are too big for these races.

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    Consumer digital cameras are horrible for their "exposure" time, especially under less than ideal lighting. See if your camera has a shutter speed setting. While I don't own one, from what I've seen the gopro image is quite good.

Originally Posted by grapegorilla View Post
    Consumer digital cameras are horrible for their "exposure" time, especially under less than ideal lighting. See if your camera has a shutter speed setting. While I don't own one, from what I've seen the gopro image is quite good.
    Thanks Grapegorilla, I've been looking into the GoPro hero 3 and it looks like the best camera for what I want without killing the bank.