vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vikilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Dumbbell Lunges and Squats

So I've been using a workout plan and month 2 has split days. Lunges and Squats are together. I had a problem the first week though. I did dumbbell lunges first then tried to do squats after. I couldn't get the full range of motion going down on squats because my legs got too sore after doing lunges. The second day, I did the opposite but felt the pain trying to do lunges. Third day was a little better but still sore.

Is it just my body adapting to a new set of exercises? Am I doing something wrong?

Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have always done squat first then lunges at the end. It could be your not warmed up enough. It has happened to me when after squats I do lunges and my groin tightens up. So try doing squats, then more stretching and then lunges. And make sure your not going crazy with weight on lunges, especially if your doing squats on the same day.

yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoked100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vikilla View Post
    So I've been using a workout plan and month 2 has split days. Lunges and Squats are together. I had a problem the first week though. I did dumbbell lunges first then tried to do squats after. I couldn't get the full range of motion going down on squats because my legs got too sore after doing lunges. The second day, I did the opposite but felt the pain trying to do lunges. Third day was a little better but still sore.

Is it just my body adapting to a new set of exercises? Am I doing something wrong?
    it'll be your body adapting but try and do the squats first they'll take the most out of you and are overall better for muscle building, lunges a perfect for a second exercise. and if you didnt know the further your lunge steps are the more it will hit your hamstrings/glutes and the closer your steps are the more it will hit your quads