hornetd23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Short on time and equipment

I am just starting back after a year and a half. I can only get to the gym at lunch time which basically gives me about 30 min for my workout. Equipment is also pretty scarce. I am thinking of doing a workout with one body part a day and only 2 exercises. Example a compound such as bench press for chest and then flyes, on leg day Squats followed by leg curl. What will give me the best results for size and strength pyramid sets or just the regular 3x 8-10. Or is there another routine that would work better, trying to keep things minimalistic.

JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshLW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hornetd23 View Post
    I am just starting back after a year and a half. I can only get to the gym at lunch time which basically gives me about 30 min for my workout. Equipment is also pretty scarce. I am thinking of doing a workout with one body part a day and only 2 exercises. Example a compound such as bench press for chest and then flyes, on leg day Squats followed by leg curl. What will give me the best results for size and strength pyramid sets or just the regular 3x 8-10. Or is there another routine that would work better, trying to keep things minimalistic.
    Personally I think your workouts will be to short and restricted to get anything but minimal gains. For now just do Press-ups, Sit-ups, dips (chest and tricep), squat and anything else you would like. Chin-ups and pull-ups will also be useful if there is anywhere you can do some. In this time starting saving for a powercage, bench, barbell and weights and dumbbells if you want too lift. Do this till you either buy some equipment or solve your problem and you should make some okay gains. Also, if you want too go full ghetto, try filling a 4 liter milk bottle with sand or water and you could use that as a temporary dumbbell. NO EXCUSES!
    ☆☆☆UK Crew☆☆☆

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You're limiting yourself, but if that's the best you can do, time-wise, do this:

Mon: Do as many sets of Squats as you can in the time allotted.

Wed: Do as many sets of the Press of your choice (Bench, Incline Bench, standing) as you can in the time allotted.

Fri: Do as many sets of low-rep Deadlifts as you can in the time allotted.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanks for the suggestions, the gym I go to has all the necessary equipment just not a lot of it, we only have 1 flat bench, 1 squat rack etc, it is not easy to get on the equipment when its busy. As I only have a limited amount of time, I just want to make the best use of it rather than standing around waiting to squeeze in sets and reps. So I just want to get the absolute most productive workout I can.

austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok, What's wrong with using the gym after or before work? I'm assuming the gym is connected to your place of employment, or it's close by?

I'm asking this because you're not going to get very good results (if at all) by only working out for 30 minutes.

Yeah I could make you a routine, I think -- But first let's see if we can make your gym time longer like to an hour or preferably an hour and a half.

Another thought -- Would it be possible for you to combine your other breaks with your lunchtime to extend your lunchtime by 15 or 30 more minutes? -- Sometimes your boss will let you do this, or you can also tell him what you wanna do and ask him if you can just clock out for an hour at lunch and wind up having a longer shift / wind up staying later.
    If you haven't posted a before pic, and you want someone to help you with a workout routine - DO IT NOW.

d(', ') \(^.^)/ \(^.^)/ (', ')b
    My custom Five Day full-body routine :
    <('.'-<)<(-'.'-)><(-'.'-)>(>-'.')>
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153102401
    \(^.^)·°ºoO(Austin)Ooº°·(^.^)/

Originally Posted by austinwichita View Post
    ok, What's wrong with using the gym after or before work? I'm assuming the gym is connected to your place of employment, or it's close by?

I'm asking this because you're not going to get very good results (if at all) by only working out for 30 minutes.

Yeah I could make you a routine, I think -- But first let's see if we can make your gym time longer like to an hour or preferably an hour and a half.

Another thought -- Would it be possible for you to combine your other breaks with your lunchtime to extend your lunchtime by 15 or 30 more minutes? -- Sometimes your boss will let you do this, or you can also tell him what you wanna do and ask him if you can just clock out for an hour at lunch and wind up having a longer shift / wind up staying later.
    My Boss is already letting me leave a bit early to go workout, I could probably be able squeeze another 15 min to give me 45 min. I get an hour for lunch but its about a 10 min drive to the gym, so I'm already pushing it. After work is not possible due to other commitments. I could do mornings but it would be hard, and I know the gym is a lot busier. I get to the gym at 1130, before most of the lunch crowd shows up so I have a good 30 min without it being too busy.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could try a variation of PTTP it only take minimal equipment and time. Wont get you beeeg but it will get your deadlift and press going. I'd do deadlift and floor (or bench) press. Maybe alternate it after a few weeks with the Russian Bear routine for some size. Both routines are listed in the following thread. Although, for the Russian Bear I'd do the version Mike Mahler came up with that is a little more interesting.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=19799&page=1
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell