Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chobs View Post
    Can you post more pics/instructions of how you made that?

And to OP, very good work, nice! Too bad it seems to be such a a narrow room you work out in though, looks like it might be trouble to make it around the barbell without brushing up against the wall?
    The rack storage looks ideal. I could of bought a pair of weight trees, but I had to modfy the rack to fit my bench, so I thought I would go the whole hog lol.

The room is just under 9ft wide. It's a little tight, but all I have to work with. A 10ft or 11ft wide room would be much better.

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iportal View Post
    The rack storage looks ideal. I could of bought a pair of weight trees, but I had to modfy the rack to fit my bench, so I thought I would go the whole hog lol.

The room is just under 9ft wide. It's a little tight, but all I have to work with. A 10ft or 11ft wide room would be much better.
    I prefer 11' width for the power rack - that leaves 2' of clearance on each side of the bar for loading plates. You can get by with less, but you can also get strong picking up rocks.

kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iportal View Post
    BB,

Here are my plans below to add plate storage to my powertec power rack.

Im going to remove the rear cross member, replace the base and add plate storage to the rear, effectively making it a walk through design.

The rack will also be bolted to the floor using 90' 3mm thick angle.

I'll re use the rear cross member to join the plate storage up rights.

I'll be upgrading the existing 2.5mm box section with 3mm box section.

This should approximately double the weight of the rack, I'll be able to use my bench in the rack, the mods will provide plate storage and allow it to be bolted so it will be very stable.

Replacing the base also means I can bring the power rack section forward, tipping when doing pull ups won't be a problem due to the plate storage, larger base and it being bolted.

The cost for the materials are going to be £125 ($160) approximately.

The rack should be a lot more stable.

Can you guys let me know what you think of the plans please, thanks.

Sorry to bring back this old thread but do you still have any pictures of this? The ones in the thread are gone. Really want to have some type of plate storage on my Ptec rack. Thanks.