swallx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cant understand why I feel completely gassed out...

Looking for help in understanding why I feel completely gassed out.

Back history:
    38 Year old male, was at 35% body Fat 267 pounds, and I felt like a giant slug. A employee of mine got me to go running with him at the gym, and I made the commitment to change my lifestyle.
    Meal plan Basically consists of 6am protien Shake 9am Banana or other fruit ( I sometimes skip because of meetings) 12pm ( Meat (chicken or steak 6oz or less) Broccoli, and sometimes diry rice 3pm Veggies roughly 7:30ish (post workout) a Protien shake and a meal roughly the same as lunch.

Workouts are 6 days a week Mondays and Fridays are Upper Body Heavy weight with 15 mins of cardio.. Wednesdays are Lower body weights, and 15 mins of Cardio. Tuesday Thursday and Saturday are completely 20 Mins of Elliptical with Jog 1 min, Sprint 1 min... rinse and repeat.

I have felt amazing for weeks, I am starting to get some serious changes. But since this Thursday, I have been completely Gassed.. I managed to finish my thursday run, Friday workout I skipped abs and cardio.. today's run I was dead..

I take animal pak Multi, CLA, and Extends BCAA's and creatine.

If it was just me I could maybe shrug it off.. But my wife and gent that works out with us all feel the same way. Shes 37 and He is 21...

Thoughts.?

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How many calories are you eating every day? How many grams of protein/fat/carbs are you eating every day? What is your currrent height/weight and approximate bodyfat?

Have you read this sticky?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks to me like you're not eating enough.

Have you calculated the macros of that diet?
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by swallx View Post
    Looking for help in understanding why I feel completely gassed out.

Back history:
    38 Year old male, was at 35% body Fat 267 pounds, and I felt like a giant slug. A employee of mine got me to go running with him at the gym, and I made the commitment to change my lifestyle.
    Meal plan Basically consists of 6am protien Shake 9am Banana or other fruit ( I sometimes skip because of meetings) 12pm ( Meat (chicken or steak 6oz or less) Broccoli, and sometimes diry rice 3pm Veggies roughly 7:30ish (post workout) a Protien shake and a meal roughly the same as lunch.

Workouts are 6 days a week Mondays and Fridays are Upper Body Heavy weight with 15 mins of cardio.. Wednesdays are Lower body weights, and 15 mins of Cardio. Tuesday Thursday and Saturday are completely 20 Mins of Elliptical with Jog 1 min, Sprint 1 min... rinse and repeat.

I have felt amazing for weeks, I am starting to get some serious changes. But since this Thursday, I have been completely Gassed.. I managed to finish my thursday run, Friday workout I skipped abs and cardio.. today's run I was dead..

I take animal pak Multi, CLA, and Extends BCAA's and creatine.

If it was just me I could maybe shrug it off.. But my wife and gent that works out with us all feel the same way. Shes 37 and He is 21...

Thoughts.?
    You're either training too much (which, based on what you've posted, is my guess), not getting enough sleep/rest, not eating enough, or some combination of any or all of the three factors.

Everyone's recovery ability is a little different, and is influenced by factors that many people don't even realize such as job or money problems, job-related activity, possible medical issues, etc.

You're the only person in any position to sort it out, but if you're looking for advice, take a week completely off, then trim your training/running/whatever down to 4 days a week, and see how that goes for a while.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since two others are feeling similarly it could be a virus of some sort. You are definitely not eating enough to support your goals.
    Genshai

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I also find it helps to think of recovery as a long term process. Meaning you can't just eat right and get good sleep in one day and then be good. It takes long term commitment to diet and proper rest. Also stress can really do you in.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guess is calories are too low. Calculate total calories and macros, then report in. I bonked yesterday myself. Thus is the life of cutting.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm going to take a guess that it may be a few of the issues IW posted. With what you stated as your daily intake of food it doesn't look like your much over a thousand calories a day combine that with trying to workout 6 days a week and you will probably burn out pretty quick. My suggestion is to spend some time in the nutrition section here and learn how much and what your supposed to eat. Pick a good starters weightlifting program and stick to it
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You're either training too much (which, based on what you've posted, is my guess), not getting enough sleep/rest, not eating enough, or some combination of any or all of the three factors.

Everyone's recovery ability is a little different, and is influenced by factors that many people don't even realize such as job or money problems, job-related activity, possible medical issues, etc.

You're the only person in any position to sort it out, but if you're looking for advice, take a week completely off, then trim your training/running/whatever down to 4 days a week, and see how that goes for a while.
    That seems about right, nothing to add to that.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Calories=low, Carbs=low, fat=low as in like Dangerously low 5-10g/day? as a guess === no energy. This is the "I'm eating what mainstream society deems healthy" diet which is here a ton... Re-tool with some good carb sources and some good daily fats. You NEED fat.

As you lift more weight you will be dealing with CNS fatigue/recovery issues so make sure your split is right after your diet. Make sure you know about intensity/volume/going to failure/recovery. A low cal diet with crappy macros will thrash your body/CNS/hormones over time as you lift heavier and heavier weights. Weightlifting trauma is not the same to recover from than just doing a lot of cardio on a low cal diet. Get your diet in check now and make sure your program is solid now as it will save you a ton of suffering and low energy problems later.

A lot of people do what I did... They go low cals, blow off carbs/fats always thinking about protein/cals. Then they lift, always going to muscle failure in no set plan. Then the crappy diet, poor macros and hodgepodge split catches up and you thrash your CNS/recovery/hormonal system and have fatigue/recovery issues.

Learn about splits and nutrition NOW it will save you a lot of suffering later.

Research: intensity vs volume, going to failure and what happens to you when you do, CNS recovery vs. muscle fatigue recovery and understand the difference between beginer routines e.g. SS or multiple full body sessions/week vs. intermediate/advanced 1bodypart/week routines. This will enable you to design/select your own plan with much more success and understand how nutrition interplays with your activity. Your goals and your nutrition should work with your plan:

I'm -1250 cals under/day so I'm doing a lot of cardio and some high rep weights just for some newbie strength.

is very different than:

I'm 1250 cals under/day and doing some German Volume Training like Arnold does and I'm wondering why the 150sets/week are thrashing my energy and my joints/recovery.

Your plan: your goals+your diet+the training your diet supports for your goals
    Last edited by Ralikar; 04-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I cut my calories and carbs one time I bottomed out. I went back to them and I was my old self.
    Thanks,

The weak call it obsession , the strong call it DEDICATION!!

Jigfish