dddderek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why am i so thick???

So i just got done bulking up and i'm looking to get cut for the summer (like just about everybody else) but my problem right now is my midsection is thick. I have a six pack that you can see and everything, but my midsection is wider than i want it to be. Pretty much the problem is the whole love-handle area (like above the hips) but there's not much fat there, it's pretty solid. So i was just wondering if there are any exercises that i should be doing or if i just need to start hitting the treadmill harder or if i should stop doing so much oblique work?
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheFuture42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes def stop the oblique work! I'm not sure exaaaactly what you look like but Even though you are solid in that area doesn't mean u don't have a tad but more fat than you think (not calling you fat relax!) but yes take out the oblique exercises and deadlifts from the floor. Also wear your lifting belt the whole time you train and during cardio sessions (low on your waist) some people say it's a myth but I've tried it and it works point blank period! Take care
    "Walk as a King, Train as a Warrior" - Jeff Logan

QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100)
    A large midsection comes with a large frame. I mean look at Bob Sapp. He has a six pack but his waist is probably 50 inches. So it's really nothing to worry about but if you want to lose it just increase your cardio and clean up your diet. You should also stop the direct oblique work as well

dddderek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    word thanks guys. no more deadlifts, no more obliques, more cardio. Anything else? Can i still do upper oblique work? or just cut all side-abs out completely

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dddderek View Post
    word thanks guys. no more deadlifts, no more obliques, more cardio. Anything else? Can i still do upper oblique work? or just cut all side-abs out completely
    Doing oblique work won't make the difference between tiny and huge waist, not unless you have gained tons of muscle while bulking obliques. Cut fat further and it well help. So will widening lats and building up shoulders.

Deads from the floor will not make your waist wide either.and there's no reason to wear a belt unless you're going very heavy and want the lifting advantage. There was a lot of unfounded bro science in that post. You just likely have more fat than you realize put simply have a regular waist for your size and need more work on upper body to get the v taper look.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475