Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

lvsteven Presents: The Pop Tart Review Thread - Every Flavor Reviewed

LVSteven's ULTIMATE Pop Tart Review Thread

When you are trying to gain weight, training hard, resting properly and looking for muscle gains you have to EAT.

When you are like me, a total NERD, GEEK and technical fellow and you wear one of them bodybugg devices, you are confident in your daily caloric needs.

When like me, your BRM is between 3700-4100 kcal per day (non training vs training days) and you cannot safely eat any diary without your family wanting to their your gassy self out of the condo, you look for alternatives to fill your macros out.

A GALLON OF MILK A DAY? more like twelve hours of pure evil and a churning stomach.

Enter the Kellogg's Pop Tart

For those of you who do not live in the USA, Canada or the UK you may not be familiar with the Pop Tart.

Developed in the early 1960s, you have a low fat, super high sugar breakfast pastry aimed inexplicably at children.

Look at these macros.

THAT IS FOR ONE PASTRY.THEY COME TWO PER PACK...

Any parent using this as a breakfast staple for children should have their children taken away from them.

When you need them carbs..awesome is the Pop Tart

As soon as I started using my carbs I noticed that the gains I wanted followed.

So I've been including these into my daily eating, and inspired by a review that of different ice creams (you likely know the one if you've been here a while) I decided to review Pop Tarts.

FWIW...If it's worth anything at all

As far as I can tell there are 29 different varieties of traditional pop tarts on the market.

They (Kelloggs) have other products that they use the Pop Tart brand on, but this is just a thread to review the hand held pastry know has for nearly 50 years been known as the Pop Tart.

Hope you enjoy.

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strawberry frosted > *
    x

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Interesting idea for a thread. I just got a box of Red Velvet poptarts, they are excellent.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boundbyfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had a couple boxes of cookie dough over spring break. MMMazing.

dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    Strawberry frosted > *
    Those are the best.
    Bears ~ Bulls ~ Blackhawks ~ White Sox

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brown Sugar Cinnamon FTW.
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deadpool9 View Post
    Interesting idea for a thread. I just got a box of Red Velvet poptarts, they are excellent.
    Intrigued...
    ~ What is Dead will Never Die Crew

~Add me as a friend on MyFitnessPal & Instagram: StephSkywalker

I also have a Log. Check it out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152157923

Gym Maxes - 420 Squat/300 Bench/465 Deadlift = 1,185 Total

Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those look ridiculous! Can't get them here though

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in, so many flavors, yet not enough
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

in.
    waiting for OPs reviews...
    Iron & Ice Cream.

Stop Bitchin.

Shred.

Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rian016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cookies n Cream ftw

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Oxidize View Post
    Those look ridiculous! Can't get them here though
    Yes as a native Canadian I can attest to the anemic selection Canada gets of most products.

When I was a kid growing up there we had cherry, strawberry, blueberry and cinnamon brown sugar.

acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    Yes as a native Canadian I can attest to the anemic selection Canada gets of most products.

When I was a kid growing up there we had cherry, strawberry, blueberry and cinnamon brown sugar.
    ^THIS!

So sick of Canada getting the sh!tty end of the stick usually.

Originally Posted by acharlong View Post
    ^THIS!

So sick of Canada getting the sh!tty end of the stick usually.
    It has a lot to do with how the govt in Canada regulates food products.

Many would argue that for the consumer it means increased safety but it just stymies the market.

I would imagine though that a lot of it is also due to the smaller market coupled with the bi-lingual laws.

Why would Kellogg want to spend too package and market 29 varieties when 8 will do?

Smart money says that if they just had to ship the same boxes over the border they could take more risks in the smaller market, but must print special boxes with the French etc...

acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acharlong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    It has a lot to do with how the govt in Canada regulates food products.

Many would argue that for the consumer it means increased safety but it just stymies the market.

I would imagine though that a lot of it is also due to the smaller market coupled with the bi-lingual laws.

Why would Kellogg want to spend too package and market 29 varieties when 8 will do?

Smart money says that if they just had to ship the same boxes over the border they could take more risks in the smaller market, but must print special boxes with the French etc...
    Oh I know man. Just wanted to vent my anger a bit.

One such example is Dairy Queen's Blizzard of the Month; chocolate covered pretzel with peanut butter for the USA vice freaking Kit Kat for Canada!? Are you f*cking serious?! *rage quits*

review #1 - frosted raspberry

The corporate advertising

"A frosted golden crust with sprinkles on the outside and raspberry-flavored goodness on the inside. The sweet, fruity flavor will rock your socks off."

What you get...

I grew up in a northern climate, where berries would grow everywhere.

Summers were spent with fresh fruit.I can recall that we would often times drive into the southern Ontario countryside and pay per bushel for blueberries and raspberries.

We would pick them ourselves too.

It was fun

If you have similar memories about raspberries (as in fresh picked) then file that away after you won't remember it for a while, because these have a real taste that's not a real taste.

First of all, these aren't bad by any means. they have a short half life (aftertaste) that isn't overly offensive, but if I had to name the flavor based on a blind test I can't say I could.

The texture was nice. Actually this was quite a flaky pastry. I've yet to figure out how and what determines the flakiness of the party but all the pastries I this box were very fresh.

The frosting was a little sweet but not overwhelming, and tasted more like raspberry than the filling.

Most importantly, I am able to eat several of these in one sitting. Since some varieties seem to bloat the heck out of me, this is a plus.

OVERALL

TASTE - 5/10
    -- mainly for the fact that this just doesn't taste a whole lot like raspberry. Its good, but just label it "genetic berry bull **** " if you can't nail the flavor.
    Texture was great.

EATABILITY - 10/10
    -- I can definitely cram several down at one time without wanting to go look at my new bloated baby bump stomach.

PRESENTATION - 8/10
    -- I know it's just a pop tart but if you are using that much sugar anyhow, don't just throw them old school sugar gains on top...by creative with it. Plsu, that's some bright filling.

SCORE BASED ON TASTE*
    5/10

This is edited. I will base the overall score on TASTE. It is food, after all.
    Last edited by lvsteven; 04-11-2013 at 07:45 PM.

seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm not a poptart expert, but the red velvet ones are hnnnnng
    Ladieeeees

Originally Posted by acharlong View Post
    Oh I know man. Just wanted to vent my anger a bit.

One such example is Dairy Queen's Blizzard of the Month; chocolate covered pretzel with peanut butter for the USA vice freaking Kit Kat for Canada!? Are you f*cking serious?! *rage quits*
    As mentioned, can't do dairy.

Then again, there are no Tim Horton locations in most parts of the USA.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Giving raspberry an 8/10?? Won't leave much room for all the ones above it unless you plan on doing 8.1 8.2 etc

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Giving raspberry an 8/10?? Won't leave much room for all the ones above it unless you plan on doing 8.1 8.2 etc
    I weighed the score.
    You are right.

Think I'm gonna change it to over all 6/10

Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    imo all the fruit flavors and brown sugar cinnamon taste like cardboard. The rest are at least ok.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dre4 View Post
    imo all the fruit flavors and brown sugar cinnamon taste like cardboard. The rest are at least ok.
    You take that back right now
    Always learning, Always growing, Never satisfied

5 Rep Maxes(Last improvement 1/15/14):

Deads:365
    Bench:215
    Squat:275

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    You take that back right now
    I have brown sugar cinnamon sitting next to me, and if anything I am skeptical.

I've yet to eat anything based around these flavors that is... Well, good.

dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100) dontknowname001 is not very well liked. (-100)
    $1.98 in US?

fuarkkk i bought em for $8 here in australia.

Originally Posted by dontknowname001 View Post
    $1.98 in US?

fuarkkk i bought em for $8 here in australia.
    That's for an eight pack box.
    Not pictured there is a 16 pack for $2.98.

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    8$'s wow.... lol

I never eat fruit flavored products, if i want fruit i will eat it.

But confetti cupcake..... hnnnnngg (:

I agree with the raspberry it should be a 6/10

Drop the eatbility tally because all poptarts will be the same unless they have sprinkles that fall off.

Originally Posted by OoChadwickoO View Post
    8$'s wow.... lol

I never eat fruit flavored products, if i want fruit i will eat it.

But confetti cupcake..... hnnnnngg (:

I agree with the raspberry it should be a 6/10

Drop the eatbility tally because all poptarts will be the same unless they have sprinkles that fall off.
    Yes probably a good idea. It's the first one, I have many more to go.

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Choco Fudge, Brown Sugar, and S'mores are the best flavors

Source: i eat poptarts every morning
    Is wine not an essential macro?

Huge avi *******

"The gears will spin and the wheels they’ll turn. As long as I give my fire fuel to burn."

LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for reviews.

I just got some Brown Sugar Cinnamon and Frosted Blueberry.
    100lbs lost since June 2010
    Nutrition Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145600501&p=898149531#post898149531

tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tom626 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Red Velvet is dope. Also a fan of Hot Chocolate and the new Oatmeal flavors.