hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any advice for starting snatch and clean/jerk?

I'm a good oly squatter. Good at narrow stance paused squats, and becoming a better front squatter. I have never done the snatch or cleans.

What are some of the basics to work on? right now, i can't really imagine lifting 100s of pounds behind my back with my arms...

Also, what is a "high catch power snatch"?

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cal strength 3 stage tutorials from the hang for both the snatch and clean.
    I am too lazy to youtube them.

High catch power snatch is a power snatch that you catch high?
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    cal strength 3 stage tutorials from the hang for both the snatch and clean.
    I am too lazy to youtube them.

High catch power snatch is a power snatch that you catch high?
    so there is a low catch non power snatch? i thought all snatch were high catch and power

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hyperdunk1 View Post
    I'm a good oly squatter. Good at narrow stance paused squats, and becoming a better front squatter. I have never done the snatch or cleans.

What are some of the basics to work on? right now, i can't really imagine lifting 100s of pounds behind my back with my arms...

Also, what is a "high catch power snatch"?
    If you've never snatched/cleaned, don't start by doing power snatches. Learn the full lifts properly first then concern yourself with the variations.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hyperdunk1 View Post
    so there is a low catch non power snatch? i thought all snatch were high catch and power
    Then you need to learn more!!

kidding aside, you need to watch more video. A snatch is typically caught in a full squat position so that the most weight can be put overhead from the floor. Watch some vids on European Champs, World Champs and Olympics on youtube.

Second the calstrength vid tutorials.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoffeesGymGA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your best bet would be to find a coach around your area to teach you proper technique. That way you can get instant feedback!
    Coffee's Gym: www.coffeesgym.org
    Check out our YouTube Channel!: www.youtube.com/CoffeesGymMarietta