Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

was attacked at the gym for slamming weights

so I was dumbell pressing 100lbs and I kept slamming the weight because I did 8 reps and I couldn't "gently" place it down I could risk injuries and this really big guy comes in tells me

"Hey kid stop slamming the weight" trying to maddog me and scare me and I ignored him but the thing is there were other people slamming the weight too and I knew because I was younger he went after me

and I slammed it again and he said "hey punk did u hear what the f*** I said?" and I told him "brah, we both pay for the same gym go to planet fitness if you don't like it"

and his face RAGED pure red "you f***ing punk teens have no respect and are a failure of a generation" and he got super close to my face and kept saying stupid bullchit and he was being a straight up bully and I asked if he wanted to get a battery charge on a minority so he backed off and tried to imidiate me which didn't work cause I got my azz kicked by my parents alot as a kid

and I realized he probably just had a bad day with a kid and took it out on me.

thoughts misc and what would u do if u were in my situation? srs.
    “Is that what you really think or what they'd want you to think?" - V

Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Put them on your chest and use your momentum to swing yourself up, put them on your knees and place them on the floor or rack fukker. I'm 16 years old and I would have the same thought process as him if I was in this situation

Nothing cool or "alpha" about throwing your weights on the ground or dropping them, somebody paid for them and they could damage something or someone

Gettin' Up There m4a1steaksauce's Avatar
    m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Scott527 View Post
    Put them on your chest and use your momentum to swing yourself up, put them on your knees and place them on the floor or rack fukker. I'm 16 years old and I would have the same thought process as him if I was in this situation

Nothing cool or "alpha" about throwing your weights on the ground or dropping them, somebody paid for them and they could damage something or someone
    negged for *******
    Doing it big

#SwoleFam for life

▲▼▲5'7" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

M4a1steaksauce's OPTIMAL Bodybuilding Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152202733

Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500) Scott527 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by m4a1steaksauce View Post
    negged for *******
    Neg me fukker do something

Something like deadlifts is understandable, dbs no

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Planet fitness?

lol

NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000) NickD25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    People that slam the weights are *******s. I would have bert stared the f*ck out of you OP.

jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    inb4threadbackfires

Operator First Class Winnie1300's Avatar
    Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Winnie1300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's no real need to slam weights other than trying to get attention..

VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People slamming weights pisses me off if they ain't that big. I'm protected by my trainer, a bodybuilder anyway! Haha
    • • • DIRTY SOUTH CREW • • •

patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patchlink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lol and you're assuming I slam the weights to look as cool as I can? If you lifted very heavy weights and on the last rep with literally no energy, do you expect to put the weights down softly?

Brb, injuring myself for the benefit of the public who think I am trying to be alpha

Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by jasticus View Post
    inb4threadbackfires
    booom
    Get real

Originally Posted by patchlink View Post
    Lol and you're assuming I slam the weights to look as cool as I can? If you lifted very heavy weights and on the last rep with literally no energy, do you expect to put the weights down softly?

Brb, injuring myself for the benefit of the public who think I am trying to be alpha
    What is so hard about it?

"Brb" (???) putting dbs on top of chest on last rep
    "Brb" using feet and swinging up in a controlled motion
    "Brb" weights on knees, pick them up and rerack or place them to the side

But no, drop the sh*t somebody paid a lot of money for and risk damaging property or causing bodily harm to others minding their own business

Stupid fuk

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    he has no business saying anything to you imo,especially with hostility. He should talk to management if he has a problem. Just need to tell him to get out of your face and if he touches you, just calmly call 9-1-1 and have him arrested for assault.

What is so hard about it?

"Brb" (???) putting dbs on top of chest on last rep
    "Brb" using feet and swinging up in a controlled motion
    "Brb" weights on knees, pick them up and rerack or place them to the side

But no, drop the sh*t somebody paid a lot of money for and risk damaging property or others minding their own business

Stupid fuk
    Yeah bro! I go in the gym thinking to myself how I am such a badazz slamming the weights!

Thanks for the advise sir. Are you going to teach me how to breathe in oxygen next too?

Your rustles seem jimmied.

I guess its worth beating up someone for slamming weights huh?!

LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I lol'd at the planet fitness comment.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrLegend is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i actually agree with this kid. 100s aren't heavy enough to be dropping from a benching position and that **** loosens the weights if they're the plated kind. wbat he said was perfectly reasonable and you wont hurt yourself with the weight you mentioned unless you go full retard.

Originally Posted by MrLegend View Post
    i actually agree with this kid. 100s aren't heavy enough to be dropping from a benching position and that **** loosens the weights if they're the plated kind. wbat he said was perfectly reasonable and you wont hurt yourself with the weight you mentioned unless you go full retard.
    I guess we can agree with disagree.

What do you interpret my "slamming the weights" as?

My slamming the weights is when I'm pushing the weights at the top of the incline and I bring them to my knees and drop them so they don't splash at an unsafe distance. THAT is what I call slamming the weights.

GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Uh... I do what OP does and drop them to avoid risking injury in a few different ways. The owner of my gym is a champion bodybuilder and he TOLD me to drop them one day he spotted me and I was putting them down gently. "Just drop them it's safer" he said. Thats why Dumbbell areas in most gyms have rubber floor. You're supposed to be able to drop them. Also, we arnt talking a full on LAUNCH or a throw, like controlling the drop, just beside the bench so that they dont really bounce, no harm in that
    "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

- ?

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodOfGnar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Neg me fukker do something

Something like deadlifts is understandable, dbs no
    Yeah... its not about being alpha dude. It's about safety. U lifted for a month you dunno how it is to be able to press more than you can gently lower to the ground or to your legs, especially when going to failure. if you cant push another rep, chances are you cant safely lower the weight slowly and controlled either...

- ?

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by GodOfGnar View Post
    Yeah... its not about being alpha dude. It's about safety. U lifted for a month you dunno how it is to be able to press more than you can gently lower to the ground or to your legs, especially when going to failure. if you cant push another rep, chances are you cant safely lower the weight slowly and controlled either...
    Thank god for you.

I'm pretty sure I was getting trolled but nevertheless...

Scott has been lifting for a month.

Inb4 I bicep curl your dumbbell max..also notice how the people who have my back actually look like they have hit the double digits club in dumbbell pressing *******

I guess we can agree with disagree.

What do you interpret my "slamming the weights" as?

My slamming the weights is when I'm pushing the weights at the top of the incline and I bring them to my knees and drop them so they don't splash at an unsafe distance. THAT is what I call slamming the weights.
    Why didn't you specify this?

This is what most people interpret when one mentions slamming the weights

Even though I'm a beginner and I've only been lifting a little over a month I've been in the same situation as you. I DB press 60 lb dbs for 8-10 reps after a lot of volume prior with the workout routine I use. I understand the feeling of helplessness, but based on your depiction above of the situation you were in when it comes to you "slamming weights" what would make it much harder just to bend your back a little more and set them down? Everybody would be chill and you wouldn't be in this predicament

wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wk000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    weights being slammed is music to my ears srs people are just being bishes

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you can lift the weight, you can lower it!

Even though I'm a beginner and I've only been lifting a little over a month I've been in the same situation as you. I DB press 60 lb dbs for 8-10 reps after a lot of volume prior with the workout routine I use. I understand the feeling of helplessness, but based on your depiction above of the situation you were in when it comes to you "slamming weights" what would make it much harder just to bend your back a little more and set them down? Everybody would be chill and you wouldn't be in this predicament
    Lol and why did you assume I would be that retarded into thinking I slam the weights in that fashion? And no that was a preconceived notion you held that people of the internet take. NONE of the teen miscers I know think of it that way.

Seems you watch more videos than actually go to the gym.

You assumed I slam the weights in that fashion and I assumed people would understand...on the same boat with me

I would love too see how you would react with the gym meathead who openly admitted his hate for teens wanting to fight a minority lmao

Thank god for you.

I'm pretty sure I was getting trolled but nevertheless...

Scott has been lifting for a month.

Inb4 I bicep curl your dumbbell max..also notice how the people who have my back actually look like they have hit the double digits club in dumbbell pressing *******
    Concentration curled 65lbs for 8 controlled reps last bicep day, no cheating at all. When I was done(my first exercise) my biceps we viberating for the rest of my workout(never had it happen before) and a couple hours after, next morning OMF, first day like a few months had my biceps sore like that.. Feelsgoodman.

- ?

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by GodOfGnar View Post
    Concentration curled 65lbs for 8 controlled reps last bicep day, no cheating at all. When I was done(my first exercise) my biceps we viberating for the rest of my workout and a couple hours after, next morning OMF, first day like a few months had my biceps sore like that.. Feelsgoodman.
    Lol not you.

That ******* Scott kid who has been lifting for a month and thinks he the guru of gym etiquette.

Lol and why did you assume I would be that retarded into thinking I slam the weights in that fashion? And no that was a preconceived notion you held that people of the internet take. NONE of the teen miscers I know think of it that way.

Seems you watch more videos than actually go to the gym.

You assumed I slam the weights in that fashion and I assumed people would understand...on the same boat with me

I would love too see how you would react with the gym meathead who openly admitted his hate for teens wanting to fight a minority lmao
    I would never be in this predicament, so I wouldn't know

BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000)

Virtually everything you say is invalid because you're just a baby to lifting. How about you wait until you're lifting REAL weight until you comment about anything. You might THINK you know some ****, but you don't. Just shut up and go to Planet Fitness if slamming weight is that big of an issue for you.

Agree'd, because the weight you lift would sound like feathers against a blade of grass when dropped.

- ?

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

You never know.

There are some people out there like this.